Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Slapped on Signs; filthy alleys!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Slapped on Signs; filthy alleys!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Slapped on Signs; filthy alleys!!!!   Slapped on Signs; filthy alleys!!!! Empty3/21/2010, 12:37 pm

One business located on 174th and Columbia is so ridden with slap on signs, and the litter surrounding it is atrocious! What an eyesore!

I wish Hammond would enact a sign limitation law...I saw a very good one in another town, that (a sign ordinance), that I will be sending to the city. I sure hope they take a look at it and re-consider revising Hammond's sign ordinance. This one looks like Tiquana, Mex at the border.

Wonder if the meat is good...has anyone sent anyone in to check expiration dates, sanitation, etc.?

On another note in the alley behind the apts at around the 173rd and 174th and Columbia block, it is so full of litter, it is something to be ashamed of. I'm tempted to go over there and rake it up. It's absolutely awful.

I think people should be fined for not cutting or pulling weeds behind their house...and not picking up the litter. One vacant house behind the apts on 174th & Columbia - oh gosh, they have 2 garbage cans...was that the one that went missing from here? There's numbers on them, so I'll ask.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Slapped on Signs; filthy alleys!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slapped on Signs; filthy alleys!!!!   Slapped on Signs; filthy alleys!!!! Empty3/21/2010, 12:47 pm

A bit of advice: if you don't want to pull or mow the grass next to the alley, put some ground covering on it - the black tarp yard stuff, throw a load of rocks on it.

How about putting the chain gang to work from prison...naw, they'll just tip off their buddies which house is empty to rob copper.

Maybe put youth that have no criminal backgrounds to work during the summer to collect litter at vacant homes? Or, do they already do that? Talking about the alleys; don't know if they already do that and mow the lawns. Who does that on vacant properties in the summer?

I think it would be a wonderful opportunity to keep kids busy during the summer.

How about those that need to serve community service?
Back to top Go down

Slapped on Signs; filthy alleys!!!!
Page 1 of 1