Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

possible bad news

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/3/2009, 3:30 pm

suntimes is closing a printer up north and is talking about significantly downsizing the company in the next few weeks. the post trib may be in for a rough month...if it survives that long.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/3/2009, 3:42 pm

I wouldn't worry all that much yet but there could be some changes forthcoming in the future. The Daily Southtown just recently made over their paper. I thought for sure it would be worse based on previous changes .It's now in tabloid form like the Sun-Times and they don't publish a Saturday edition anymore but overall it's been a huge improvement with a lot more content.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/3/2009, 7:32 pm

lets hope so. btw, was that really you that called in tonight? great if it was.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/3/2009, 8:09 pm

the oracle wrote:
lets hope so. btw, was that really you that called in tonight? great if it was.

Yep,that was me Very Happy I really got a kick out of talking to you guys. I can't wait until a certain someone finds out :stir: :rolfcry:
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/4/2009, 4:57 am

last night was, shall we say, interesting all the way around. very cool. your call was the highlight of the night to be sure
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/4/2009, 5:24 am

Preacher is a total piece of shit. He's getting so desperate that he sabotaged the studio before he left. Just as he was leaving he took a private call off the air from the last caller who called his show and I heard him say "no you said it perfect, just like I asked you to. Watch the webcam next week about 5 minutes before we go on it could get interesting !!! AS far as I'm concerned nothing is off limits when it comes to him now. This is the same guy who bitches to move the bums out of Hammond yet he admittedly used to dig in ashtrays for cigarette butts so he could roll his own cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/4/2009, 7:17 am

The sabotage doesn't surprise me. Preacher is a scumbag,plain and simple. He simply cannot stand to have anyone on the air with a different opinion than his and your impressive list of sponsors is driving him absolutely crazy. Watching that mooch self destruct is going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/4/2009, 7:28 am

Sure enough,they're going to tabloid. As I said previously,the Daily Southtown did it and their content has improved greatly....

Post-Tribune announces exciting, new compact format change

The Post-Tribune, Northwest Indiana's award-winning, comprehensive source of local news, on Thursday announced the 102-year-old newspaper will convert to a compact format.

Readers will get to see the Post-Tribune published in the new portable tabloid format beginning Oct. 5.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/4/2009, 2:59 pm

i knew something was up. good call on the tabloid format. hope it works for them
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/5/2009, 11:45 pm

Is this a religious program? Doesn't sound like very Christian-like behavior.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/8/2009, 6:40 pm

Tyree makes his offer to buy Sun-Times
Chicago businessman Jim Tyree has officially stepped up to try to save Sun-Times Media Group Inc. from collapse.

In a press release Tuesday evening, the company said an investor group led by Tyree made a long-awaited bid to purchase the company's operations, giving the ailing newspaper publisher a new lease on life.

The bid includes the flagship Chicago Sun-Times daily tabloid as well as 58 suburban papers and their associated Web sites. Tyree's group will pay $5 million for the papers and assume $20 million worth of liabilities. They have also agreed to an unspecified investment "dedicated to the future growth, innovation and capital expenditures across the Company's assets and media properties," the release said.

As first reported by the Chicago Tribune on Friday, the bid is contingent on the company's various unions making permanent a temporary 15 percent pay cut that was negotiated after Sun-times Media filed for Chapter 11 protection on March 31. It also requires bankruptcy court approval and will for a brief period be subject to competing bids.

The low price reflects Sun-Times Media's precarious condition in the wake of the downturn that has infected the entire newspaper industry. The company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on March 31 after burning cash for more than two years.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/8/2009, 7:01 pm

great news for the suntimes, unclear how it will effect the rest of the group. lots of times people buy these things and then strip them of their subsiduaries to pay off the liabilities. not sure how much capital is in the p-t. but i believe they have a new building which likely carries with it a lot of debt. thats not good if this deal goes through.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/10/2009, 4:01 am

The real (telling) thing here is who outside of political & media folks ever even read the SunTimes? Well any paper anymore really.

Arguably that paper hasn't truly been about news reporting to the masses since it merged to become the Sun-Times. Papers are no longer trying to report actual news. Their goal is to attract enough readership to keep ad revenues up. And that mostly seems to be fighting a lost cause.

So unless they become a form of entertainment and cater to sensational headlines or feature naked people on page 6 I think the company is going to bleed red ink, as it were.

The local affiliate, the Post Tribune, to me has been a shell for months now. When they moved it out of Gary I think they had decided to be profitable rather than valuable to the community.

I believe we need more communication sources, not less. Yet of the ones we have remaining most seem so biased towards liberal views that most people seldom care to bother reading them. Perhaps glancing over a few paragraphs to get to sections of interest like sports scores or financial market data.

So I think the day of the traditional print newspaper has hit it's ice age and will soon be as extinct as the doo doo bird.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/11/2009, 5:02 pm

You guys pobably don"t even buy newspapers. You read online. Admit it.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/11/2009, 5:06 pm

I buy 3 a day.. and they expose stuff you can"t find online.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty9/11/2009, 5:23 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Sure enough,they're going to tabloid. As I said previously,the Daily Southtown did it and their content has improved greatly....

Post-Tribune announces exciting, new compact format change

The Post-Tribune, Northwest Indiana's award-winning, comprehensive source of local news, on Thursday announced the 102-year-old newspaper will convert to a compact format.

Readers will get to see the Post-Tribune published in the new portable tabloid format beginning Oct. 5.

Instead of spreadung the paper acoss the table, "TABLOID" mrans "compressed in PAPER, not NEWS! The Southtown is now focusing on Manhattan...IL! Goshthehema.... the mayor works from inside his home, the police station resembles "Mayberry RFD," the city hall IS a STORE FRONt! The Post Office has inadequate spacing...and they plan to buiILD A CONMPLEX TO SERVE ALL THEE ENTIIETIES AT 1/4 the cos of Hammond, just for a city hall in Hammond. Combining the clerk"s office, Postal service and a city hall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

possible bad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible bad news   possible bad news Empty

Back to top Go down

possible bad news
Page 1 of 1