Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

could you imagine

Go down 
+2
Artie60438
the oracle
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/25/2009, 8:31 am

if the mayor would have held his steak fry at say wicker park in highland? i mean its a great facility and all...but it isnt in hammond. so why is a republican council woman having her steak fry in highland? i suppose some will say im wrong for even bringing it up...but it seems like a no brainer that optimist, or edison, or whatever they call that park off of state line, or jefferson, would have been fine venues all in the fourth district.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/25/2009, 10:42 am

I can't wait to hear the reaction from the Mayor's critics on this.
Back to top Go down
voter3

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/25/2009, 12:12 pm

dont hold your breath
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/25/2009, 7:34 pm

From what I hear it's not just Kims steak fry, its actually the Hammond Republican Party steak fry. He what the hell why not have a sleep over at Big Jim's in Montacello afterwards. I mean its public record he told the Election Bd. him Wes and the gang have sleepovers down there. Why not have the whole bunch show up down there. BTW Fowler has he ever sued you yet, I'm still waiting for the promised lawsuit.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/25/2009, 8:03 pm

no never sadly they never sued. i was really looking forward to that too. anyway how is jim? i havent heard hide nor hair of him ever since we last met in front of the election board. come to think of it i havent heard of any team schammond meetings recently either. what up with that?
Back to top Go down
sparks

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/25/2009, 8:13 pm

I think you are 100 % right about this, Oracle. I can't understand why a councilwoman would not be having a steak fry in one of the park's in her own district. This sounds like an issue the Dems can bring up in the next election. If the Fourth's district's councilwoman won't use the parks in her own district, you have to ask yourself why?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/27/2009, 6:15 pm

OMG! What does this mean? Holding a steak fry outside Hammond, being fiscal, or demonstrating against a party? Please inform me.

I am not interested in different part(ies) held in whatever; I am interested in knowing what they represent, rather than where they hold their part(ies).

Can't you politicians see we don't care about your "parties". We just want what is best for our interests, despite the parties you represent or the parties you hold to represent you? Can I say it better ?

I want what is best for those of us who pay property taxes, and expect services. I don't want to hear about your STEAK FRIES. Especially when you invite the long-time critic of the mayor, but don't ask ordinary tax-abiding citizens to attend free, as FREE-TIME has, ordered to "shake hands," and thank you for adding to my tax bill, for a critic of the mayor, ordered to "shake hands," and her meal will be free, while she in the same note, noted she got sick on the Majestic, "after eating a crawl fish dinner". Gambling and eating free on her points?

All I learned today was, even if you are a critic of Mayor McDermott, you get free tickets, just abide by the rules, and let your hair down.. and shake hands as ordered by the politician that rendered the free ticket to Free-Time...Unbelievable. I could have gotten that donating my time to the city for free.

I am sorry I have to name names in this, but she must have accumulated enough free meals in points where she got another free meal at the Majestic, playing on the Keno machine.

And you guys offer her free tickets to a steak fry, with orders to shake hands with certain politicians....?

How low must one go? Unbelievable that you politicians would take advantage of her. affraid

Last edited by UrRight on 8/27/2009, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Peeved off, the F & U letters don't work on my computer.)
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/27/2009, 8:16 pm

for the record neither dave nor i gave her free tickets. she won them on the kusiak and reardon show on some morning.

i bought ten tickets myself for 150 dollars and gave away 8 of them on the show to randomly selected callers. i knew who one of the persons that won a pair was...but dont know any of the others. personally i dont care who you are if you win tickets from me on my show....as long as your a listener.
Back to top Go down
voter3

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/27/2009, 10:29 pm

Many people buy tickets and comp friends or family and at $15 a ticket its a pretty good deal.. We had many people come and get their steaks to go! Freddy's provided the meat and in my opinion you cant beat Rib Eye if you like steak. I did find it ironic that freetime was able to make it to the civic center for a free meal but hasnt been to a council meeting in months if not years.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/28/2009, 11:01 am

voter3 wrote:
I did find it ironic that freetime was able to make it to the civic center for a free meal but hasnt been to a council meeting in months if not years.

Have they been passing out job applications there? That would keep her away.
Back to top Go down

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/28/2009, 5:31 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
voter3 wrote:
I did find it ironic that freetime was able to make it to the civic center for a free meal but hasnt been to a council meeting in months if not years.

You know, I can take or leave freetime, but you two really sound like two old ladies gossiping over the backyard fence. Why not grow a few and tell her what you think on the OTHER board...kind of like, to her face, so she can respond. Cowards!
(the THIRD coward should be responding to this post A N Y T I M E now)
Back to top Go down
voter3

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/28/2009, 6:14 pm

she knows full well how I feel about her and other then visiting the other board from time to time I have no use for it...it is nice of you to miss me though! Plus you must admit it is ironic!?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/28/2009, 6:55 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
voter3 wrote:

You know, I can take or leave freetime, but you two really sound like two old ladies gossiping over the backyard fence. Why not grow a few and tell her what you think on the OTHER board...kind of like, to her face, so she can respond. Cowards!
(the THIRD coward should be responding to this post A N Y T I M E now)

No reason to,since she reads this board daily. She can join here and respond if she wanted to,but then that would open herself up to embarassing questions that I'm sure she wants to avoid.

I'm surprised you're sticking up for someone who lives off a gov't check,but seems to have no problem going all over Lake County,chronically failing I might add,to try and dig up dirt on the Mayor.
Back to top Go down

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/29/2009, 8:38 am

Artie60438 wrote:
No reason to,since she reads this board daily. She can join here and respond if she wanted to,but then that would open herself up to embarassing questions that I'm sure she wants to avoid.

I'm surprised you're sticking up for someone who lives off a gov't check,but seems to have no problem going all over Lake County,chronically failing I might add,to try and dig up dirt on the Mayor.
So, how is it that YOU know that freetime (or anyone else for that matter) visits this board? Is the Admin sharing information that is deemed confidential? Fess up, Art...without being a smart ass about it, just how is it you know this?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/29/2009, 8:55 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

So, how is it that YOU know that freetime (or anyone else for that matter) visits this board? Is markh/Admin sharing information that is deemed confidential? Fess up, Art...without being a smart ass about it, just how is it you know this?

Now why I on earth would I share my investigative methods with you of all people? You would be the last person I would confide in. However,just for the record,the Admin here has never shared anything confidential regarding the operation of this board,nor have I asked for any information pertaining to it.

Now put on your tinfoil hat and run along now.
Back to top Go down

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/29/2009, 9:28 am

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

So, how is it that YOU know that freetime (or anyone else for that matter) visits this board? Is markh/Admin sharing information that is deemed confidential? Fess up, Art...without being a smart ass about it, just how is it you know this?

Now why I on earth would I share my investigative methods with you of all people? You would be the last person I would confide in. However,just for the record,the Admin here has never shared anything confidential regarding the operation of this board,nor have I asked for any information pertaining to it.

So, why on earth do you spend your time "investigating" (your words) freetime? Is she a threat to you? For Christ's sake, she's just a screen name and a poster on a message board...please Art, share the investigative report with us...how is she threatening such a big, bad, knowledgeable, "man of the world" like you??? Or...perhaps YOU are the person that has hacked into this board...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/29/2009, 10:15 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

So, why on earth do you spend your time "investigating" (your words) freetime?

Is she a threat to you? For Christ's sake, she's just a screen name and a poster on a message board...please Art, share the investigative report with us...how is she threatening such a big, bad, knowledgeable, "man of the world" like you??? Or...perhaps YOU are the person that has hacked into this board...

Reading comprehension problems?
Quote :
You would be the last person I would confide in.
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/29/2009, 4:27 pm

It gets funnier, 30 people tops, the likes of Janiec. Permeske. and even Woodrow Wilcox himself. I wonder if he entertained everyone with his rendition of "Young McDermott". What a bunch of clowns. A group of landlords led by a Former Mayor who hasn't got a clue. I heard him play a commerical for Kims steak fry this morning, followed by a commerical for Janet Venecz, how does anyone take these Bozos serious. My god even Wes now charges to lecture these fools on how to save money. BTW Markovich was seen walking up carrying a box of zip lock freezer bags. :titanic:
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/29/2009, 7:12 pm

lol bob was there? very interesting lol.

i imagine they envision themselves as some type of secret society of illuminati biding there time until the mood is right for upheavel. except that they have nothing to offer in terms of their promised revolution. I mean what? cut the budget more than its already cut? state law dictates what folks are going to pay in property taxes. if the civil city cuts it budget more than need be, that just means folks will pay more for the schools, or whatever...the actual tax bill would stay the same.

so you see...there is nothing for them to grab on to politically...except to try to make mcdermott and his supporters the personification of evil.....so that is what they will continue to try to do, no matter how thin there reasoning actually is.

what really scares me about them is that they have to know, that there budgetary attacks are pathetic and without merit. in other words not only are they misrepresenting themselves, but they know they are lieing....and to me people that would do that in order to grab at power are pretty scary in themselves.
Back to top Go down
sparks

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/30/2009, 8:27 am

Jim Premeske attended the Edison crime watch meeting on Wednesday, even though his rental house on Blaine is nowhere near the Edison crime area. He asked Lt. Vicari three questions, each of which had multiple parts. What really struck me is some of the questions this blowhard asked were not things he had witnessed, but second hand information from his neighbor. He singlehandedly caused this meeting to stretch out to an hour and forty five minutes. Unfortunately, there were several people there who had never been to our crime watch meetings before and they left. George Janiec just can't seem to grasp that other people have jobs and don't have the time to listen to him and his Team Slumlord cronies babble on endlessly. He has absolutely no ability to effectively manage meetings.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/30/2009, 12:46 pm

slight correction sparks. your post should read
\
even though his alledged rental house on Blaine is nowhere near the Edison crime area.

obviously he didnt witness everything because he doesnt regularly stay in hammond. and to this date no one has ever provided any evidence that he does.

george and kim have been stuggling to take control of the edison crime watch for some time. because of this is a seperate non political edison community organization has been formed and while its only a few months old, the last i heard, it was already out drawing them significantly as far as participation.

btw george lives near jefferson school...nowhere near edison either. so i have to wonder why he is trying to run the edison crime watch in the first place
Back to top Go down
sparks

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/30/2009, 5:43 pm

the oracle wrote:
slight correction sparks. your post should read
\\\\
even though his alledged rental house on Blaine is nowhere near the Edison crime area.

obviously he didnt witness everything because he doesnt regularly stay in hammond. and to this date no one has ever provided any evidence that he does.

george and kim have been stuggling to take control of the edison crime watch for some time. because of this is a seperate non political edison community organization has been formed and while its only a few months old, the last i heard, it was already out drawing them significantly as far as participation.

btw george lives near jefferson school...nowhere near edison either. so i have to wonder why he is trying to run the edison crime watch in the first place
My post should have said Jefferson crime watch group. That is the group that George Janiec heads. Janet Venecz had been the head of the Edison crime group but the web site says they are looking for a new person to run that group. I don't believe any elected official should head a community crime watch group because the groups should not be political. Kim Poland is on the board of director's of Hammond's crime watch, so I would assume she's been involved with the program for quite some time.
As far as your contention about a separate crime watch group forming for the Edison area, I believe you are mistaken. George already heads the Jefferson group. It's a great position for him because he didn't have to win an election to be in charge,LOL!
Back to top Go down

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/30/2009, 5:57 pm

After being asked to step down from the Edison Crime Watch, Janet Venecz has formed her own crime watch. The first meeting is this coming Wednesday at 6:30 pm at Edison School.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/30/2009, 8:46 pm

its called the edison community watch and they are a sponsor of our show.
Back to top Go down
sparks

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty8/31/2009, 6:19 am

Why was Janet asked to step down? The local crime watch groups are an important way for citizens to interact with local government and stay informed. If Kim Poland did work to oust a long-time leader and volunteer in the community, she made a big mistake. Sounds like she is receiving advice from people who don't have much experience in winning elections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

could you imagine Empty
PostSubject: Re: could you imagine   could you imagine Empty

Back to top Go down

could you imagine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next