Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

salting, and other winter road updates

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
UrRight

salting, and other winter road updates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: salting, and other winter road updates   salting, and other winter road updates - Page 2 Empty12/26/2008, 9:07 pm

My parents never came in for Christmas; we have relatives bravely driving from Missouri to Michigan today, along with my sisters and brothers.

My son and I opted to wait until tomorrow because I kept tracking the weather.

While out this early afternoon, of course our side streets are coated but you have to drive very careful, but what amazed me, was I went to Dolton to wish my friend at Public works a Happy New Year, and post-Christmas. Of course, he was out plowing, but I was amazed how the main arteries were so very clean and paved; as were the side streets. They always did a great job there, even on Lincoln Avenue, which belonged to the state, but they always cleared it themselves. What a contrast to Hammond..but then again, they have many more trucks all over the place.

Anyway...going to to to Michigan tomorrow morning and crossing my fingers the ride home will be ok. I'm scared as sheese even when someone else is driving on ice. I'm so scared of the Borhman. Once you get in Michigan, they do a fabulous job of making sure I-94 east is safe. It's just going from Cline to the Michigan state-line that always scared the heck out of us. What gives with that?

Don't know when I'll be coming home and with who; my daughter is in from California, so until then, (since the connections up there are not so great on my sis' computer, you all have a Happy New Year.

I think you all are great and wish you the best for the new year. Love, ME! 👋
Back to top Go down

salting, and other winter road updates
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2