Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Property Taxes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty6/22/2009, 7:39 pm

When are those damn bills coming out?
Back to top Go down

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty6/23/2009, 7:38 am

Heretic wrote:

I called back a couple of weeks ago, and they had no idea. I also asked when my property assessment was going to be adjusted on the website, as I had a successfull appeal. They told me 2-3 months after I appealed, and it has been 4 months. Mad
I need to know what and when, as we are paying off our mortgage within the next 2 weeks, and the mortgage company is sitting on a large escrow amount. We were anticipating the taxes being taken out of the escrow before we paid off the house. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty6/23/2009, 3:07 pm

Follow-up.
I checked with the Assessors office today. They can find NO RECORD of my appeal of March 3rd. I just faxed over the copy I had of the successfull appeal. I urge EVERYONE to double check if they had filed or been granted an appeal. You also might want to check for accuracy of the info on your property card, also.
Back to top Go down
sparks

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty6/24/2009, 6:57 am

Tiger1 wrote:
Heretic wrote:

I called back a couple of weeks ago, and they had no idea. I also asked when my property assessment was going to be adjusted on the website, as I had a successfull appeal. They told me 2-3 months after I appealed, and it has been 4 months. Mad
I need to know what and when, as we are paying off our mortgage within the next 2 weeks, and the mortgage company is sitting on a large escrow amount. We were anticipating the taxes being taken out of the escrow before we paid off the house. Evil or Very Mad
Your property tax payments have nothing to do with paying off your mortgage. The mortgage company refunds the escrow and you pay for your taxes and insurance directly. BTW, many lenders will drop escrow requirements once the LTV hits 75%.
Back to top Go down

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty6/24/2009, 7:26 am

According to the Auditors office, the next tax bills will be coming out around October 1st. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty6/24/2009, 7:56 am

Hmmm.... I'm helping a friend out with their monthly budget, and I'm attempting to include their property taxes since they don't have an escrow. Hard to do when you don't know how much is due and when. I'll aim higher than last years, just to be safe.

And like sparks said, I wouldn't worry about the escrow at all. They should return the money to you once the mortgage is paid. There wouldn't be a reason for them to keep it.
Back to top Go down

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty6/24/2009, 8:36 am

Heretic, they do not know the amount, and could only give me an approximate on when the bills will come out. It would be better to be prepared for a higher bill. I wish like heck they would get their act together in Crown Point. Mad

As for my escrow, we were hopefull that the taxes would have been taken out before we finish paying off the house, but it is not going to happen. We will just put some money on the side for that. Right now, what is in escrow, is 1/2 of the balance of the mortgage. Shocked We do not need the escrow amount to pay the house off, but still, it would have been nice to have the extra cash, NOW.

I know I will be losing the mortgage exemption when I pay off the house, but the $3,000 mortgage exemption is piddly compared what we have been paying in interest. We calculated refinancing versus paying it off, and it came out that we were thousands of dollars ahead, by paying it off.

GEEZ, I can't wait to pay it off. It is a great feeling. It will be the second time I have owned a house, free and clear ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty10/16/2009, 9:52 pm

[quote="Tiger1"]Heretic, they do not know the amount, and could only give me an approximate on when the bills will come out. It would be better to be prepared for a higher bill. I wish like heck they would get their act together in Crown Point. Mad

That's a wish, Tiger.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty10/17/2009, 9:22 am

taxes for the house appraised at 70,000 - $3,000.00. Gee, I didn't know it was worth a $300,000 dollar home. Somebody screwed up this one. Gonna tap the lawyer's brain. I think we should have a class action suit against the accessors' office.

It's totally uncalled for. Government needs to get off its butt. Hammond does not have their houses appraised right. I smell a skunk. Getting a lawyer to handle this.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty10/17/2009, 9:24 am

In Illinois they have what they call a "Watchdog" group. They expose all the ridiculous law-breaking-wrong-doing that goes on between gov't in Springfield, to the lobbyists, to the wrong-doings of Stroger and his cronies.

Does Indiana have a "Watchdog Group?" The one in IL begs for tips.
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty10/17/2009, 9:57 am

The North Township Assessor is at fault with this years tax bills. He has been fired by the citizens as of last election. The responsibilities has moved to the county assessor. He has hired a level 3 appraisor to conduct future assessments. They should be more accurate from now on. North Township showed they know how to vote when they answered yes on the referendum last election. Township assessors are redundant, uneducated, and need to go! :dyno:
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty10/17/2009, 7:15 pm

With a record like this, I called upon the National "Watcht Dog" group. Let the work begin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Property Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Property Taxes   Property Taxes Empty

Back to top Go down

Property Taxes
Page 1 of 1