Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Letterman hammers Palin.

Go down 
+2
Artie60438
sparks
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty6/13/2009, 5:01 pm

Scorpion wrote:

IMHO, Palin lacks the gravitas to hold high office, and isn't worthy of all this attention.

I agree,but Palin just doesn't know when to stop. I'm sure public opinion was heavily on her side,but that wasn't enough. She had to go on Today and keep stirring the pot. Instead of keeping her mouth shut and maybe getting up to speed on serious,real issues she insists on playing out nonsense like this in the media. Having a media feud with a late night talk show host is insane.She did the same thing with Levi Johnston,the father of Bristol's baby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty6/13/2009, 5:18 pm

Scorpion wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
If you, Artie, and sparks think joking about raping a 14 year old girl or even an 18 year old woman is funny, then so be it.
But for Jeeeeeezus H. Krysssst, give it a rest!

Yeah well for the record, I don't think that jokes about Palin's daughters are funny or appropriate. But get your facts straight... Letterman never used the word "rape." Palin did, because sex with a 14 year old is considered statutory rape.

The real issue is whether a politician's family should be off-limits to media scrutiny, and as I've stated many times before, I personally don't think that a politician's family is fair game for this kind of stuff. And it doesn't matter that Plain decided to parade her pregnant daughter in front of the public during the campaign. That was a huge lapse in judgement on her part, and it's certainly proper to criticize Palin for it, but her daughter is a different story.

IMHO, Palin lacks the gravitas to hold high office, and isn't worthy of all this attention.
You're right. He never used the word "rape". He said "knocked up". You tell me, which is worse?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty6/13/2009, 5:38 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
If you, Artie, and sparks think joking about raping a 14 year old girl or even an 18 year old woman is funny, then so be it.

Yeah well for the record, I don't think that jokes about Palin's daughters are funny or appropriate. But get your facts straight... Letterman never used the word "rape." Palin did, because sex with a 14 year old is considered statutory rape.

The real issue is whether a politician's family should be off-limits to media scrutiny, and as I've stated many times before, I personally don't think that a politician's family is fair game for this kind of stuff. And it doesn't matter that Plain decided to parade her pregnant daughter in front of the public during the campaign. That was a huge lapse in judgement on her part, and it's certainly proper to criticize Palin for it, but her daughter is a different story.

You're right. He never used the word "rape". He said "knocked up". You tell me, which is worse?

"Knocked up" is crude slang, and it means to impregnate. IMHO, "rape" is much worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty6/13/2009, 6:06 pm

Scorpion wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

"Knocked up" is crude slang, and it means to impregnate. IMHO, "rape" is much worse.
Apples and Oranges...consider the topic. Either one is crude, and inappropriate to joke about, be it Willow Palin, Bristol Palin, your mother or your sister. It's like joking about the 88 year old clown that shot up the Holocaust Museum in D.C. last week. Neither is a funny situation.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty6/13/2009, 6:10 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Apples and Oranges...consider the topic. Either one is crude, and inappropriate to joke about, be it Willow Palin, Bristol Palin, your mother or your sister.

Yeah, well as I said in my post, I didn't think the comments were funny or appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty6/13/2009, 6:50 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

I agree,but Palin just doesn't know when to stop. I'm sure public opinion was heavily on her side,but that wasn't enough. She had to go on Today and keep stirring the pot. Instead of keeping her mouth shut and maybe getting up to speed on serious,real issues she insists on playing out nonsense like this in the media.

She's getting a lot of media attention over this dust-up. There's no reason for her to stop. For a politician, it's good to be in the spotlight. That's especially true when you're on the "high ground." Can she overplay the hand? Of course, and if the past is any guide, she will... but it's not going to change anything. Her backers will still support her, so she really has nothing to lose.

I think it's laughable if you actually think that Palin is capable of "getting up to speed on serious, real issues." I've seen no evidence that she has that kind of ability.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty6/13/2009, 7:59 pm

Didn't hear the joke, and I don't want to. It was wrong when the jokes were made about Chelsea, and the Bush twins.

Either politicians kids are off limits, or they are not. What sickens me the most is when people justify it based on political alignment. It's not justifiable to be making these jokes about Palin's kids just because Palin is a Republican. It wouldn't be justifiable for McCain's children, Obama's children, or Biden's children.

Guess what. I really don't like Sarah Palin. I just don't agree with most of her politics. I just don't have it in me to be a hypocrite. I can't justify one set of standards for liberals and a different set for conservatives.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty6/14/2009, 6:20 am

Scorpion wrote:

I think it's laughable if you actually think that Palin is capable of "getting up to speed on serious, real issues." I've seen no evidence that she has that kind of ability.

Neither have I. My point was that she would be better off avoiding these tit for tat juvenile media fights. Maybe if she took 6 months off,and studied really,really,hard,she'd be able to appear on a Sunday political talk show
without making a complete fool of herself like she did with Katie Couric and Charlie Gibson. I doubt that will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty6/14/2009, 10:28 am

Paper today said this whole issue has boosted Dave's ratings. This might be his moment - like Leno and Hugh Grant.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty6/25/2009, 5:47 pm

Thanks Sarah Razz

Letterman's 'Late Show' beats the 'Tonight Show'
| Thursday, June 25, 2009

NEW YORK - Nielsen Media Research says the "Late Show With David Letterman" beat the "Tonight Show" last week _ the first time in more than three years.

Letterman scored a weeklong average of 3.46 million viewers, edging out the 3.32 million viewers who watched NBC's "Tonight Show," hosted by Conan O'Brien.
http://nwi.com/articles/2009/06/25/ap/entertainment/d991s8qg1.txt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Letterman hammers Palin.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: