Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Letterman hammers Palin.

Go down 
+2
Artie60438
sparks
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sparks

Letterman hammers Palin. Empty
PostSubject: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/11/2009, 7:28 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/11/letterman-responds-to-pal_n_214128.html
Once again, David Letterman makes the Republicans look really bad. Both Sarah Palin and her husband sent scathing letters to David Letterman expressing outrage over jokes he made regarding Gov. Palin and his daughter. I'm still cracking up over the shot David took at Gov. Palin, where he said she was trying to change her slutty,flight attendant look. The other jokes were actually shots at Eliot Spitzer and A-Rod, not Bristol. It is really hilarous to hear the letter Gov. Palin wrote. I guess they don't proofread in Alaska,don't ya know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/12/2009, 8:05 am

sparks wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/11/letterman-responds-to-pal_n_214128.html
Once again, David Letterman makes the Republicans look really bad. Both Sarah Palin and her husband sent scathing letters to David Letterman expressing outrage over jokes he made regarding Gov. Palin and his daughter. I'm still cracking up over the shot David took at Gov. Palin, where he said she was trying to change her slutty,flight attendant look. The other jokes were actually shots at Eliot Spitzer and A-Rod, not Bristol. It is really hilarous to hear the letter Gov. Palin wrote. I guess they don't proofread in Alaska,don't ya know.
I guess you would find a crude, demeaning remark about women, funny. You and others on this board are no better than syphilitic, old sodomites, who, like some third world countries, still believe that a woman's place is in the home. You make remarks about my new Corvette, yet you do not acknowledge that I bought it with money I earned while making myself a better person. I consider it a personal reward. You look at it as a threat to your manhood. Trust me, being an asshole is the essence of your manhood. Case closed.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 8:28 am

Meanwhile,over in wingnutville.....

Ann Coulter Presented As Expert In Tastefulness In Discussion About Letterman's Remarks About Palin
Reported by Ellen - June 13, 2009 - 22 comments

On Wednesday night (6/10/09), two-time voter-fraud suspect Ann Coulter was welcomed back on Hannity to reprise her role as an authority on tasteful remarks. There was no mention of the legal hot water she’s in despite Fox’s fixation on voter fraud when it seems to be Democrats or minorities involved. Instead, she was asked to “weigh in” on that meanie David Letterman who cracked a few personal jokes about Sarah Palin and her daughter. After Coulter and Sean Hannity had smeared Democrats and falsely painted themselves and conservatives as being above making personal attacks, Coulter took a gratuitous slap at Michelle Obama’s dress. Hannity did not object. With video.

In his introduction, Hannity complained about the “vicious, vicious” attacks on Palin from the left. He went on to gripe that the attacks had become “increasingly personal and have even been directed at her family.” This, from the same guy who relentlessly smears Michelle Obama. And he was calling on the woman who described John Edwards as a faggot to provide what was supposed to be “fair and balanced” analysis.

Coulter, whose words were only slightly slurred during this appearance (unlike her total confusion during her catastrophic "boombox” appearance), immediately used the occasion to smear Letterman’s wife. “Now that the families are open to this, have ya seen the wife?” (Her emphasis.)There was no objection from Hannity. Ms. Tasteful went on to make the nonsensical smear, “Ummm, I think every time liberal males see a female who’s identifiable as a female, they think, they call them slutty stewardesses.”

Instead of denouncing Letterman, Coulter crowed at new opportunities for smearing. “I guess Sasha and Malia (Obama) are fair game for comedians now.”

Hannity later said, “I’ve watched you speak in public and I can’t see you going after Barack Obama’s daughters. I can’t see you going after the children of politicians.” No, "Boomie" Coulter “only” went after the widows of 9/11 victims, saying "I have never seen people enjoying their husband’s death so much." Classy.

“People didn’t go after Chelsea Clinton,” Coulter said. Well, except for people like John McCain and Rush Limbaugh. Nevertheless, she claimed, “This is a rule that has never been subscribed to by liberals.”

“It’s so over the line, it’s so overwhelming,” the suddenly sensitized Coulter said about the attacks on Palin. “I think if I were a comedian and I had a good joke about Sasha and Malia, that’s fair game now.”

Hannity said, “I can’t imagine anyone talking about a slutty, flight-attendant look if they’re talking about Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton. Or any Democratic woman.”

Oh, no? What about Juan Williams' remark on The O'Reilly Factor, "(Michelle Obama's) got the Stokely-Carmichael-in-a-designer-dress thing going.” Or how about Fox’s own Megyn Kelly saying, "I stand by my comments on the Michelle Obama dress...bluish-green is not the color for these women." (My emphasis.)

“Imagine if (Palin) took her family on a paid vacation to a Broadway show,” Hannity continued, once again hilariously forgetting about the numerous vacations Palin DID take her family on, for which she has had to reimburse the State of Alaska. He added, “Or if she didn’t know the difference between Veterans’ Day and Memorial Day.” Or if she made the claim she had foreign policy experience because Russia is close to Alaska or if she was stumped when asked to explain whether or not she agreed with the Bush Doctrine.

Coulter cackled. “I can top that,” she slurred. “What if she wore that outfit Michelle Obama was wearing today?” Coulter tossed her head back and forth with malicious glee.

So did Hannity say, “Stop that! We’re above those kinds of attacks?” No, he laughed and said, “I didn’t see it. What was she wearing?”
http://www.newshounds.us/2009/06
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 8:45 am

Artie, still trying to justify his hatred of women...pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 9:33 am

LoisLane wrote:

Nope. He's a comedian,he doesn't hate women either. The jokes were in bad taste,but that's what a lot of comedians do.

Nice to see that in typical Wasilla hillbilly fashion,Caribou Barbie refused to accept his apology and instead went on the "Today" show to escalate the controversy by inferring that he shouldn't be allowed near children.

If dumbass would have taken the high road,accepted the apology and moved on she could have claimed victory.

Now we can look forward to a summer of Letterman vs Palin. Guess who's going to win that battle? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 9:37 am

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Nope. He's a comedian,he doesn't hate women either. The jokes were in bad taste,but that's what a lot of comedians do.

Nice to see that in typical Wasilla hillbilly fashion,Caribou Barbie refused to accept his apology and instead went on the "Today" show to escalate the controversy by inferring that he shouldn't be allowed near children.

If dumbass would have taken the high road,accepted the apology and moved on she could have claimed victory.

Now we can look forward to a summer of Letterman vs Palin. Guess who's going to win that battle? Razz
Artie, think about it...do you really want to press this issue? Do you really want to come off as a sexist? Think about it.
And please, don't cut and paste your answer.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 10:20 am

The only people that are still pressing the issue are the Wasilla Hillbillies, Fox noise & their loyal fans.
Exploiting your 14 year old daughter for political gain, yeah, that's a winning strategy for Sarah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 10:41 am

edge540 wrote:
The only people that are still pressing the issue are the Wasilla Hillbillies, Fox noise & their loyal fans.
Exploiting your 14 year old daughter for political gain, yeah, that's a winning strategy for Sarah.
And the only reason Letterman is dragging this on and on, is that Conan O'Brian is kicking his ass in the ratings.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 11:02 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Artie, think about it...do you really want to press this issue? Do you really want to come off as a sexist? Think about it.

Where do I come off as a sexist? I said they were in bad taste.

Quote :
And please, don't cut and paste your answer.

I didn't cut and paste the above answer, did I? Now try and stay on topic.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 11:05 am

Lois wrote:
Quote :
And the only reason Letterman is dragging this on and on, is that Conan O'Brian is kicking his ass in the ratings.

Wrong again Lois. Dave is not the one that's milking this.
Dave didn't appear on the Today show & blab about it for 10 minutes, Sarah did.
And here's Conan 'kicking ass':

Quote :
David Letterman beats Conan O'Brien in ratings race
David Letterman needed only seven days to beat Conan O'Brien in the ratings war. O'Brien started out strong last Monday when he premiered as host of the "Tonight Show" earning a socko 7.1 rating. But by the end of the week he was down to 3.5. And this week, Letterman's "Late Show" brought on big name stars to lure away one-time Leno viewers disheartened by the changing of the guard at NBC.

Last edited by edge540 on 6/13/2009, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 11:06 am

LoisLane wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Letterman is dragging this out? Who decided to go on the "Today" show to escalate it? Palin!

Now about those ratings......

After a strong start in the ratings, "Tonight" is already slipping behind CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman," the rival program that O'Brien's predecessor Jay Leno defeated handily for years.

On Tuesday night, Letterman edged past O'Brien in the overnight household ratings (3.4 rating/8 share vs. 2.9 rating/7 share) for the first time since O'Brien took over his show, according to data from Nielsen Media Research. More troubling for NBC, "Tonight" has also lost significant chunks of audience with each airing since the premiere, when it scored a hefty 7.1 rating/17 share. "Tonight's" numbers since late last week have been well below Leno's overnight average during the first three months of this year (4.1 rating/10 share). Letterman's numbers, meanwhile, are landing within his usual range (3.0 rating/7 share for the first quarter)
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/06/conan-obriens-ratings-slip-but-race-with-david-letterman-is-just-starting.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 11:33 am

You two geniuses (who actually defend David Letterman's comments) cannot realize the fact Letterman got a ratings boost is because of his tasteless humor directed at a 14 year old juvenile female. How truly pathetic your lives must be.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 11:41 am

LoisLane wrote:
You two geniuses (who actually defend David Letterman's comments) cannot realize the fact Letterman got a ratings boost is because of his tasteless humor directed at a 14 year old juvenile female. How truly pathetic your lives must be.

I didn't defend his comments. I said they were in bad taste. That being said,where did Letterman mention the 14 yr old? He never did. There's only one daughter that got knocked up and that's the 18yr old,Bristol.

The more Palin dwells on it,the more it solidifies her reputation as a moron not fit to be running for public office.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 11:44 am

No, no Lois, the tasteless humor was directed at the unwed 18 year juvenile female mother who was paraded around on stage as a political prop at the GOP convention last August.

Comedians tell tasteless jokes all the time, it's nothing new.
Get over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 11:50 am

edge540 wrote:
No, no Lois, the tasteless humor was directed to the unwed 18 year juvenile female mother who was paraded around on stage as a political prop at the GOP convention last August.
Wrong, Dude...It was directed at the daughter who attended the NY Yankees game with her mother. 14 year old Willow. 14 year old Willow was the daughter that attended the game with her mother. NOT 18 year old Bristol. Got it straight now?
Don't try to justify it, just accept the truth...
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 11:53 am

Letterman thought it was the 18 year old.
Most people would too, they look like twins.
Here ya go, which one was at the ball game?
Letterman hammers Palin. Appiperwillowbristol

I'm not a Lester Burnham so I can't tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 12:04 pm

edge540 wrote:

14 year old Willow was the daughter that attended the game with her mother. NOT 18 year old Bristol. Got it straight yet?
(and Letterman didn't THINK it was anyone...he was reading a script.)
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 12:34 pm

LoisLane wrote:

14 year old Willow was the daughter that attended the game with her mother. NOT 18 year old Bristol. Got it straight yet?

He was clearly talking about the 18 yr old who got knocked up.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 12:51 pm

Here's conservative Andrew Sullivan's well thought out take on this......

The Trainwreck Of Sarah Palin

It's getting worse. This is a classic:

Quote :
"The Palins have no intention of providing a ratings boost for David Letterman by appearing on his show. Plus, it would be wise to keep Willow away from David Letterman," PalinPAC spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton said Wednesday.

So Letterman is a child abuser for making a tasteless joke? But the surrealism and narcissism of the Wasilla nutcase is what stands out:

Quote :
"First, remember in the campaign, Barack Obama said, 'Family's off limits. You don't talk about my family.' "And the candidate who must be obeyed, everybody adhered to that and they did leave his family alone. They haven't done that on the other side of the ticket and it has continued to this day so that's a political double standard."

So brandishing a special needs infant as a campaign prop was putting your family off-limits? Pushing your own daughter into the klieglights to divert attention from your own fantastic lies is family-protective? Pushing Bristol Palin into an absurd abstinence campaign to gin up support from the Christianist right is looking after your kids? Palin reaps what she sows. And she clings to any whisp of victimhood like the attention-starved celebreality star she really is.[b]
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2009/06/the-trainwreck-of-sarah-palin.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 12:55 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

He was clearly talking about the 18 yr old who got knocked up.
He was referring to the daughter with Sarah Palin at the New York Yankees game. Fourteen year old Willow. She was the ONLY daughter attending the game with her. Why else would he make mention of A-Rod knocking up her daughter during the seventh inning stretch? Are you that stupid?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 2:14 pm

LoisLane wrote:
edge540 wrote:

No not yet.
I'll be getting it straight tonight if I'm lucky.
And unless your Karnac, you don't WTF Dave or anybody else is thinking or was thinking.

So....I take it you also don't know which one is which?

good one Artie, I'll be stealing that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 3:01 pm

edge540 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
edge540 wrote:

No not yet.
I'll be getting it straight tonight if I'm lucky.
And unless your Karnac, you don't WTF Dave or anybody else is thinking or was thinking.

So....I take it you also don't know which one is which?

good one Artie, I'll be stealing that
Then IF Letterman didn't know who or what he was thinking about, then he should just keep his mouth shut! If it was an honest mistake, then why is he so small that he can't issue an honest apology to all involved? Answer: He will milk this for all he can.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 3:09 pm

I'm sure he would apologize if Sarah would go on the show.
Her & her handlers are too stupid to realize that she's blowing a golden opportunity. What a dumbell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 3:19 pm

If you, Artie, and sparks think joking about raping a 14 year old girl or even an 18 year old woman is funny, then so be it.
But for Jeeeeeezus H. Krysssst, give it a rest!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty6/13/2009, 4:06 pm

LoisLane wrote:
If you, Artie, and sparks think joking about raping a 14 year old girl or even an 18 year old woman is funny, then so be it.
But for Jeeeeeezus H. Krysssst, give it a rest!

Yeah well for the record, I don't think that jokes about Palin's daughters are funny or appropriate. But get your facts straight... Letterman never used the word "rape." Palin did, because sex with a 14 year old is considered statutory rape.

The real issue is whether a politician's family should be off-limits to media scrutiny, and as I've stated many times before, I personally don't think that a politician's family is fair game for this kind of stuff. And it doesn't matter that Plain decided to parade her pregnant daughter in front of the public during the campaign. That was a huge lapse in judgement on her part, and it's certainly proper to criticize Palin for it, but her daughter is a different story.

IMHO, Palin lacks the gravitas to hold high office, and isn't worthy of all this attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letterman hammers Palin.   Letterman hammers Palin. Empty

Back to top Go down

Letterman hammers Palin.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next