Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum Empty
PostSubject: Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum   Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum Empty6/10/2009, 2:33 pm

Homeland Security's study is starting to ring true. First the woman's reproductive right Dr is killed and now this. I'd also bet that he listens to Hal Turner,another anti-semite....

James W. Von Brunn: Holocaust Museum Shooting Suspect Is White Supremacist

NBC News is reporting that the suspect in Wednesday's shooting at the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C. is James W. Von Brunn, an 89-year-old man with ties to white supremacist groups.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/10/james-w-von-brunn-holocau_n_213864.html
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum   Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum Empty6/10/2009, 2:46 pm

How many freepers applauded Holocaust Museum shooter's racist rant last December?
by Bob Johnson

Interesting that the freerepublic thread on today's shooting at the Holocaust Museum by James Von Brunn includes many suggestions that Mr. Von Brunn votes Democratic.

Yet, thanks to the quick work of the folks at Think Progress, it seems that Mr. Von Brunn's "work" has been highlighted at freerepublic as recently as last December in a 200+-comment thread questioning the true identity of Barack Obama.

I wonder how many of those commenting today about Mr. Von Brunn cheered on the essence of his earlier work highlighted on the site?

Of course, the freepers have been sorely disappointed that the shooter in this attack was not a Muslim. And one poster even suggested that Obama was to blame for the attack.

But the real question is, how many of these same people celebrated the writing of Mr. Von Brunn earlier?

(more)

I suspect the linked post will disappear from free republic very soon (if it hasn't already), but the folks at Think Progress surely have a copy of it.

A few reactions from the freepers today:

To: TomOnTheRun
"James Von Brunn, a white supremacist"
Wow, they sure are fast with a name and motive when its not a Muslim killing American.

4 posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:26:14 PM by icwhatudo

thought for sure it’d be a Muslim.

9 posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:27:00 PM by GeronL

To: theDentist

Well, he’s white and not a muslim (presumably).

That fits the media template of a Jew-hater.
16 posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:29:07 PM by Jewbacca

WOW my apologizes. I thought it was a Muslin for sure..An 89 year old man, wow I didn’t see that one coming
20 posted on 06/10/2009 11:30:19 AM PDT by Sarah Barracuda

Yes, he's not a cotton sheet.

This is 0bama’s justification for Napolitano’s "terrorism" report and new gun-grabbing legislation.

24 posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:31:53 PM by counterpunch

To: icwhatudo
"Wow, they sure are fast with a name and motive when its not a Muslim killing American."
Amazing isn't it? Usually we have wait or dig for days before we find out it was a Muhammadan advancing "Allah's" cause, spreading peaceful Islam into US neighborhoods (by killing off everyone else).
25 posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:32:03 PM by Nathan Zachary

And the ultimate... It's all Obama's fault!

It doesn’t matter that the jerk isn’t Muslim, he was doing the Muslin’s work, and Obama’s actions have encouraged this behavior.

He is a sign of the times. He will not be the last to snap.
One thing does confound me though. Everyone should be safe from evil guns in DC. They have laws against this, so it shouldn’t have happen.
57 posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:53:22 PM by Gator113

So how many of these folks cheerleaded Mr. Von Brunn's loony conspiracy theory about Obama's origin when it was posted last December?
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/6/10/740891/-How-many-freepers-applauded-Holocaust-Museum-shooters-racist-rant-last-December
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum   Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum Empty6/10/2009, 5:36 pm

But remember, saying that right wing terrorists exist insults American veterans. :bangwall:
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum   Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum Empty6/11/2009, 8:45 am

A flashback to some honest journalism when the DHS report first came out. I posted this a few weeks ago:

Here's a brief followup, in light of all the recent and accurately predicted violence:

And of course, everytime I'm reminded of what Mark Hoofnagle wrote the at the Denialism blog back in April about the dangers of fronting these useless and completely fabricated conspiracy theories (he's taking our guns, where's the birth certificate, etc.):

Quote :
I also can't help but think this teabagging movement represents a more mainstream identity of growing right-wing hate in this country. With new reports of growth of white supremacist recruiting, recruitment of members of the military and the Father Coughlin-esque ranting of Glenn Beck and Limbaugh I'm worried we're seeing the rise of new hate movement. Seeing their signs - blaming Obama for economic woes he's had all of three months to address, Obama's Plan:White Slavery, The American Taxpayers are the Jews for Obama's ovens, Obama is the Anti-Christ, drumming up paranoia about guns, and internment camps, secession from the union for the love of Benji, Obama is a Muslim, let's waterboard Obama - my interpretation of these events isn't that they are legitimately angry at government spending or taxation. I just don't buy it. After all, why get angry now? We've spent hundreds of billions under Bush, and wasted huge amounts in foreign wars and disastrous national policies. The tax increase? 3% on those making more than 250k? I somehow don't see that as taxing our children's future away, or these folks as representative of the wealthy Americans that are targeted by the tax. The people leading this movement may be recruiting a large number of people who share this unbalanced delusion about taxes and "big government" but it's clear there is also an ugly, nationalist, and frankly racist theme behind this new movement.

The leaders of right-wing talk are playing a dangerous game, tapping into a dark, paranoid underbelly of American politics. I've been following Orcinus pretty closely in the last few months and am increasingly disturbed by what I see. While we might want to dismiss the paranoid rantings of pundits like Beck, we should remember that such conspiratorial beliefs aren't meant to convince the masses. They exist to radicalize ideologues, and ideologues are dangerous, whether left-wing or right-wing. Conservatives may be furious that the the FBI and DHS are tracking right wing extremism, but I see this as a rare example of them actually seeing a threat coming, and being ready to do something about it. For those of us old enough to remember Oklahoma City, I don't think we should be dismissive about the terrorist potential of the militant right, especially with Beck and Limbaugh stoking the fires of paranoia.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum   Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum Empty6/11/2009, 8:59 am

Last night on "Hannity" the shooting was completely ignored (hat tip to newshounds.com). If it had been a Muslim or any ethnic minority for that matter,they would have had wall to wall coverage. Mad
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum   Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum Empty6/11/2009, 9:03 am

Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum   Right Wing Terrorist Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum Empty6/11/2009, 5:44 pm

Deny, deny, deny...