Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP Empty
PostSubject: Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP   Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP Empty6/10/2009, 9:41 am

This is pure gold Razz With Limbecile and Cheney,masters at turning off moderates and independents,as their most recognized voices,Democrats wildest dreams are coming true.....

By Susan Page, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Republicans, out of power and divided over how to get it back, are finding even the most basic questions hard to answer.

Here's one: Who speaks for the GOP?

The question flummoxes most Americans, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, which is among the reasons for the party's sagging state and uncertain direction.

A 52% majority of those surveyed couldn't come up with a name when asked to specify "the main person" who speaks for Republicans today. Of those who could, the top response was radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh (13%), followed in order by former vice president Dick Cheney, Arizona Sen. John McCain and former House speaker Newt Gingrich. Former president George W. Bush ranked fifth, at 3%.

So the dominant faces of the Republican Party are all men, all white, all conservative and all old enough to join AARP, ranging in age from 58 (Limbaugh) to 72 (McCain).
They include some of the country's most strident voices on issues from Sonia Sotomayor's nomination to the Supreme Court to President Obama's policies at home and abroad. Two are retired from politics, and one has never been a candidate.

Quote :
"We're in the basement of a 100-story building,"
says Ed Rollins, a Republican strategist who advised the presidential campaigns of Ronald Reagan in 1984, independent Ross Perot in 1992 and Huckabee in 2008.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-06-09-poll-parties_N.htm?csp=34

Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP Plxbj6veye-blpvo_c134g
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP   Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP Empty6/10/2009, 11:07 am

Artie60438 wrote:
This is pure gold Razz With Limbecile and Cheney,masters at turning off moderates and independents,as their most recognized voices,Democrats wildest dreams are coming true.....

By Susan Page, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Republicans, out of power and divided over how to get it back, are finding even the most basic questions hard to answer.

Here's one: Who speaks for the GOP?

The question flummoxes most Americans, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, which is among the reasons for the party's sagging state and uncertain direction.

A 52% majority of those surveyed couldn't come up with a name when asked to specify "the main person" who speaks for Republicans today. Of those who could, the top response was radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh (13%), followed in order by former vice president Dick Cheney, Arizona Sen. John McCain and former House speaker Newt Gingrich. Former president George W. Bush ranked fifth, at 3%.

So the dominant faces of the Republican Party are all men, all white, all conservative and all old enough to join AARP, ranging in age from 58 (Limbaugh) to 72 (McCain).
They include some of the country's most strident voices on issues from Sonia Sotomayor's nomination to the Supreme Court to President Obama's policies at home and abroad. Two are retired from politics, and one has never been a candidate.

Quote :
"We're in the basement of a 100-story building,"
says Ed Rollins, a Republican strategist who advised the presidential campaigns of Ronald Reagan in 1984, independent Ross Perot in 1992 and Huckabee in 2008.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-06-09-poll-parties_N.htm?csp=34

Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP Plxbj6veye-blpvo_c134g
So why are you so worried about Who Speaks for the GOP? If your Great Nobama is doing such a great job, why worry?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP   Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP Empty6/10/2009, 11:44 am

LoisLane wrote:

So why are you so worried about Who Speaks for the GOP? If your Great Nobama is doing such a great job, why worry?

Where in my comments do I infer that I'm "worried"? I'm celebrating the fact that the three at the top are Nobody,Limbaugh,and Cheney.

I couldn't ask for a better scenario. Over half those polled can't figure out who's speaking for the Repubs,and the ones that can,say it's the Drugster,and Deadeye Dick. Here you have the 2 people with even lower approval ratings than Bush,out front and center,speaking for the GOP.

What's not to like? cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP   Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP Empty6/10/2009, 12:14 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Where in my comments do I infer that I'm "worried"? I'm celebrating the fact that the three at the top are Nobody,Limbaugh,and Cheney.

I couldn't ask for a better scenario. Over half those polled can't figure out who's speaking for the Repubs,and the ones that can,say it's the Drugster,and Deadeye Dick. Here you have the 2 people with even lower approval ratings than Bush,out front and center,speaking for the GOP.

The fact you started a thread infers your concern. Or are you just making conversation. :soap:
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP   Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP Empty6/10/2009, 2:21 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

The fact you started a thread infers your concern. Or are you just making conversation. :soap:

Nope! Just good old fashioned gloating. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP   Poll: Most don't know who speaks for GOP Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1