Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Life After People (TV)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
paul87920

paul87920

Life After People (TV) Empty
PostSubject: Life After People (TV)   Life After People (TV) Empty5/5/2009, 1:54 am

I've been following the series. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Life After People (TV)   Life After People (TV) Empty5/5/2009, 8:30 am

Any good?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Life After People (TV)   Life After People (TV) Empty5/5/2009, 11:25 am

It's pretty good. There's only a few things about it I don't like. It's done on the premise that all people will end on the same day, and it never quite says what happened to their remains or anything like that. Other than that it's a really great series.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Life After People (TV)   Life After People (TV) Empty5/5/2009, 4:49 pm

Looks depressing.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Life After People (TV)   Life After People (TV) Empty5/6/2009, 7:49 pm

I recorded the first 3 episodes and watched the first one. It was somewhat interesting but I'll probably fast forward thru most of the remaining episodes. I mean how much more can they cover?

A lot of those scenes of devastation could have been shot in Gary.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Life After People (TV)   Life After People (TV) Empty5/7/2009, 12:34 am

Artie60438 wrote:
I recorded the first 3 episodes and watched the first one. It was somewhat interesting but I'll probably fast forward thru most of the remaining episodes. I mean how much more can they cover?

Funny you should mention that. Gary does come up, but I'll let you see it for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Life After People (TV)   Life After People (TV) Empty5/11/2009, 1:46 pm

NewScientist magazine did something similar a few years ago that you guys might find interesting:

Quote :
Imagine Earth without people

Humans are undoubtedly the most dominant species the Earth has ever known. In just a few thousand years we have swallowed up more than a third of the planet's land for our cities, farmland and pastures. By some estimates, we now commandeer 40 per cent of all its productivity. And we're leaving quite a mess behind: ploughed-up prairies, razed forests, drained aquifers, nuclear waste, chemical pollution, invasive species, mass extinctions and now the looming spectre of climate change. If they could, the other species we share Earth with would surely vote us off the planet.
15,589 Number of species threatened with extinction

Now just suppose they got their wish. Imagine that all the people on Earth - all 6.5 billion of us and counting - could be spirited away tomorrow, transported to a re-education camp in a far-off galaxy. (Let's not invoke the mother of all plagues to wipe us out, if only to avoid complications from all the corpses). Left once more to its own devices, Nature would begin to reclaim the planet, as fields and pastures reverted to prairies and forest, the air and water cleansed themselves of pollutants, and roads and cities crumbled back to dust.

And here's an animated short of human civilization through the eyes of two rocks. Razz

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Life After People (TV)   Life After People (TV) Empty5/11/2009, 2:00 pm

paul87920 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Funny you should mention that. Gary does come up, but I'll let you see it for yourself.

I thought the upcoming scenes of episode 2 looked familiar. Now I know how those buildings in Gary got that way.

Overall I thought the series was a bit repetitious. Same basic manners of destruction,just different locales. Thanks for recommending it,Paul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After People (TV)   Life After People (TV) Empty

Back to top Go down

Life After People (TV)
Page 1 of 1