Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty
PostSubject: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/27/2009, 4:33 pm

You can read more about why this happened @ Stop Supporting The O’Reilly Harassment Machine Billo likes to send his producers out to stalk and harass people who disagree with him. There have been over 40 different victims.

I have a feeling "Countdown w/Keith Olbermann will be celebtaing tonight. Very Happy

Today UPS announced it will stop advertising on O’Reilly’s show. Here is the statement UPS emailed out just moments ago:
Quote :

Thank you for sending an e-mail expressing concern about UPS advertising during the Bill O’Reilly show on FOX News. We do consider such comments as we review ad placement decisions which involve a variety of news, entertainment and sports programming. At this time, we have no plans to continue advertising during this show.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/27/2009, 4:54 pm

That is absolutely awesome. As you know, I have considered contacting advertisers on Rush's show to inform them as a result of his inflammatory,unamerican rhetoric I will no longer purchase their products. A similar tactic can be used on the opponents of the EFCA like Wal-Mart and Home Depot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/28/2009, 9:42 am

I have considered contacting advertisers on Rush's show to inform them as a result of his inflammatory,unamerican rhetoric I will no longer purchase their products.

Sounds like he's been playing clips from Obama talking again. Very Happy

I think this will hurt UPS more than Rush.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/28/2009, 11:36 am

I didn't realize that your link included a form that people can fill to contact all of the sponsors of Bill O'Reilly's show. I filled it out and sent it in. I also filled out the second form to forward it to friends and relatives so they can become involved. This kind of effort is going to be crucial to implement the changes in policy that we voted for. Winning the election was just the first step.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/28/2009, 12:00 pm

My business has just switched to USPS exclusively. Well they need the business anyways I hear.

And I don't even particularly care one way or the other about BOR. I'm warming up to Glenn Beck of late though.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/28/2009, 2:06 pm

Mirage wrote:
And I don't even particularly care one way or the other about BOR. I'm warming up to Glenn Beck of late though.

Yeah, well judging by the tone of your posts lately, I think that's obvious.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/28/2009, 3:16 pm

Mirage wrote:
My business has just switched to USPS exclusively. Well they need the business anyways I hear.

I think John Stewart summed up Glen Beck best when he said...
Quote :

"Finally, a guy who says what people who aren't thinking are thinking."
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/28/2009, 3:28 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

I think John Stewart summed up Glen Beck best when he said...
Quote :

"Finally, a guy who says what people who aren't thinking are thinking."

Have you seen Colbert's take on Beck? It's great stuff.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/220649/march-04-2009/doom-bunker---glenn-beck-s--war-room-

And be sure to watch Colbert's Doom Bunker...

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/220650/march-04-2009/doom-bunker---jack-jacobs-and-stephen-moore
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/28/2009, 3:49 pm

Funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/28/2009, 4:33 pm

Funny link,Scorpion. Glenn Beck comes on right after Jerry Springer, which is perfect because both of those shows target the same audience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/28/2009, 4:42 pm

sparks wrote:
Funny link,Scorpion. Glenn Beck comes on right after Jerry Springer, which is perfect because both of those shows target the same audience.
Sounds as though you have first hand knowledge. How is you know what the T.V. listings are in the middle of the day, when most folks are working? Well, 92% of us, anyway.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/28/2009, 4:59 pm

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
Sounds as though you have first hand knowledge. How is you know what the T.V. listings are in the middle of the day, when most folks are working? Well, 92% of us, anyway.
Not at all,I don't watch either of those shows. I put the show's name into the Uverse guide on the computer and it shows all the listings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/29/2009, 7:12 am

Scorpion wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Thank you. I take that as a complement.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/29/2009, 10:23 am

Mirage wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Thank you. I take that as a complement.

Yeah,they managed to find a replacement for John 'Yellow hair" Gibson who's even loonier then he was. Congratulations! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/29/2009, 10:43 am

Actually while I'm not 100% in agreement with Glenn, in fact I'm sure some of it is mostly for show, he does raise some very good issues. He's just starting to hit his stride.

OTOH if you think the 912 project is stupid I guess you simple don't get it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/29/2009, 11:09 am

Mirage wrote:
Actually while I'm not 100% in agreement with Glenn, in fact I'm sure some of it is mostly for show, he does raise some very good issues. He's just starting to hit his stride.

OTOH if you think the 912 project is stupid I guess you simple don't get it. Wink

Just the same old right-wing crap being repackaged. His latest kook guests included Chuck Norris and Michelle Bachmann both of whom are now saber rattling revolution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/29/2009, 11:29 am

Revolution? You mean like for freedom and democracy? What's the world coming to? Smile
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/29/2009, 11:55 am

Mirage wrote:
Revolution? You mean like for freedom and democracy? What's the world coming to? Smile

No,I'm talking about going way over the line and bordering on treason with rants like this..

The call by some right wing leaders for rebellion and for the military to refuse the commander in chief’s orders is joined by Chuck Norris who claims that thousands of right wing cell groups have organized and are ready for a second American Revolution. During an appearance on the Glen Beck radio show he promised that if things get any worse from his point of view he may “run for president of Texas.” The martial artist/actor/activist claims that Texas was never formally a part of the United States in the first place and that if rebellion is to come through secession Texas would lead the way.
http://www.examiner.com/x-2071-DC-Special-Interests-Examiner~y2009m3d9-Chuck-Norris-claims-thousands-of-right-wing-cell-groups-exist-and-will-rebel-against-US-government
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/29/2009, 5:30 pm

Certainly no more so than some the Obama administration proposals and their seeding certain powers to non elected, non US government organizations.

But the rebellion, as you call it, merely calls for Texas to exercise it's rights and reform it's sovereignty. Hardly a call for the country to do anything unconstitutional, rather it's a plea to return to the Constitution. So how is that treason?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/29/2009, 6:03 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
His latest kook guests included Chuck Norris and Michelle Bachmann both of whom are now saber rattling revolution.

I heard about that. Ron Reagan was talking about it on his show.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/29/2009, 10:37 pm

paul87920 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
His latest kook guests included Chuck Norris and Michelle Bachmann both of whom are now saber rattling revolution.

I heard about that. Ron Reagan was talking about it on his show.

Yeah,and this is coming only a little more than 2 months into Obama's presidency. I shudder at what they'll be saying a year from now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty3/30/2009, 12:34 am

I shutter to see the damage done by Obama and the Dems a year from now. Moving to the sovereign Republic of Texas is looking ever more attractive if only to get out from under all this needless debt burden.

Even after the expense of 2 wars and Katrina George Bush's deficit in his last year was like what? $500 bil give or take? In less than 3 months it appears like Obama has us looking at like $4 trillion in debt commitments and that's not even taking into account the additional $trillion impact from just printing up more fiat money and it's devaluation impact on the US dollar.

Funny how the Dems screamed bloody murder over Bush's budget but you hardly hear a peep out of them over Obama's programmed destruction of the dollar and unrecoverable debt commitments, huh? Rolling Eyes

I hear GM & Chrysler need some more of your money, yet if they ran more responsibly and had massive layoffs plus wage reductions to be more profitable you would probably never hear the end of it. So after the post office I wonder who's next to get bailed out with all this monopoly money they're printing up? Mad
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty4/1/2009, 3:22 pm

Mirage wrote:

Colbert Begins The 10/31 Project, Mimics Beck

Morning Joe speculated yesterday Stephen Colbert may gain some new material with Glenn Beck, and last night Colbert delivered. He announced the launch of The 10/31 Project ("10 principles 31 flavors, four seasons, 10 lords a-leaping and 525,600 minutes"), and focused on the emotion and doomsday discussions seen on Beck's program. But the segment was not without some serious commentary. "The 9/12 Project is not for families directly affected by 9/11," said Colbert. "Just people building their careers on it":
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/colbert_begins_the_1031_project_mimics_beck_112955.asp
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty4/1/2009, 3:58 pm

Mirage wrote:
Even after the expense of 2 wars and Katrina George Bush's deficit in his last year was like what? $500 bil give or take?

No, actually if you include the wars and the TARP program, the deficit was 1.3 trillion, "give or take."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show   UPS Announces It Will Stop Advertising On Bill O’Reilly’s Show Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1