Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sparks

Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty
PostSubject: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/21/2009, 9:07 am

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/pelosi-outrages-wingnuts-cold-truth-
"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families? It must be stopped. ... What value system is that? I think it's un-American."

I think most Americans are going to agree with the Democratic leadership that midnight raids searching for illegal immigrants are wrong and immoral. With the technology available today, make E-verify mandatory for employers and landlords. There is absolutely no reason for our immigration agents to conduct midnight raids like cold war KGB agents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/21/2009, 9:38 am

Problem is, like a typical Democrat on a soapbox, she is using the excuse of those raids to defeat the practice of curbing illegal immigration period.

It's high time we stop the practice of granting citizenship to someone who just happened to be born on US soil and then use that as a justification to allow an illegal to remain in this country to support the child.

So if ICE wants to institute a policy of waiting until 8:30 AM to knock down the door I'm fine with that. Just so that knock does come.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/21/2009, 10:00 am

Mirage wrote:
Problem is, like a typical Democrat on a soapbox, she is using the excuse of those raids to defeat the practice of curbing illegal immigration period.

It's high time we stop the practice of granting citizenship to someone who just happened to be born on US soil and then use that as a justification to allow an illegal to remain in this country to support the child.

So if ICE wants to institute a policy of waiting until 8:30 AM to knock down the door I'm fine with that. Just so that knock does come.
If you want to stop illegal immigration, the only effective way to do so is to stop hiring illegal aliens and stop renting them apartments. The only thing that raids do at this point is waste our tax dollars. We spend millions of dollars arresting and deporting people with no results. We ship one out and three more sneak in to replace them. As long as employers are able to hire them with little fear of reprecussions, this will continue. The Bush administration drafted a rule to force federal contractors to E-verify their employees. It was a good,common sense policy. Federal tax dollars should go to companies who hire employees who are here in this country legally.
However, big corporations in this country disagreed and filed suit to stop E-verify from being implemented. Until Americans start to recognize who the real villians are, it will be hard to change things.
http://www.hrtools.com/news/alerts/bush_administration_agrees_to_delay_e_verify_mandate_for_federal_contractors_subcontractors.aspxHowever, on December 23, 2008, a coalition of business groups, led by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's National Chamber Litigation Center, filed suit challenging the legality of an Executive Order and related federal procurement regulations (Chamber of Commerce v Chertoff, DMd, No 8:08-cv-03444-AW). The other plaintiffs in the suit are the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc, the Society for Human Resources Management, the American Council on International Personnel and the HR Policy Association
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/21/2009, 10:09 am

Then you should complain to the President and tell him not to stop workplace enforcement. Do you need his number?

BTW do you remember the Times piece on that plant in Iowa getting raided a few months back? The Feds weren't knocking at the door in the middle of the night but some of the same arguments were being used then like breaking up families for no good reason.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/21/2009, 11:33 am

It's too bad they can't deport the people hiring the illegals right along with Javier and Marisol...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 12:12 pm

Mirage wrote:

Another "typical Democrat"?...

Cardinal calls for end to immigration raids

By RUPA SHENOY – 17 hours ago

CHICAGO (AP) — The president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops on Saturday called on the White House to end immigration raids that split up families.

"I stand with other faith leaders and all of you gathered here today and with every immigrant family in this nation to call on our government to end immigration raids and the separation of families," said Cardinal Francis George at an immigrants-rights rally at a northwest Chicago church.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jbuqwAh2OHIhu-KQj_JAPnbzRrFAD972NGEO0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 12:16 pm

Guess we should stop raiding drug dealers too. I mean what they are doing is illegal, but hey- we'd hate to see those poor souls dragged away from their families. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 12:21 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Guess we should stop raiding drug dealers too. I mean what they are doing is illegal, but hey- we'd hate to see those poor souls dragged away from their families. Rolling Eyes

Apples to Oranges
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 12:24 pm

NO. ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL. Not a little teeny bit illegal, not a whole lot illegal just so it fits your agenda. ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 1:01 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
NO. ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL. Not a little teeny bit illegal, not a whole lot illegal just so it fits your agenda. ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL.

Drug dealers actively ruin people's lives and often cause their deaths. Illegal immigrants for the most part don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 1:07 pm

I agree with your comment, but I still stand by my statement. Illegal is illegal, period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 2:11 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

CHICAGO (AP) — The president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops on Saturday called on the White House to end immigration raids that split up families.

"I stand with other faith leaders and all of you gathered here today and with every immigrant family in this nation to call on our government to end immigration raids and the separation of families," said Cardinal Francis George at an immigrants-rights rally at a northwest Chicago church.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jbuqwAh2OHIhu-KQj_JAPnbzRrFAD972NGEO0

Just proves my point. Dems have to pander to someone and illegals can't vote, or at least they're not supposed to by law. Wink
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 10:12 pm

Mirage wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Just proves my point. Dems have to pander to someone and illegals can't vote, or at least they're not supposed to by law. Wink

George is a Democrat now? LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 10:15 pm

If Dems only pandered to Dems they would be sitting home and watching the world go by on TV. Razz
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 10:18 pm

Mirage wrote:
If Dems only pandered to Dems they would be sitting home and watching the world go by on TV. Razz

Yeah,we really pandered to George on issues like stem cells and a woman's right to choose,didn't we?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 10:22 pm

Did all the Dems campaign on that theme? I don't think so. Wink
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 10:27 pm

Mirage wrote:
Did all the Dems campaign on that theme? I don't think so. Wink

I'm sure Nancy Pelosi did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/22/2009, 11:16 pm

Yea, but look who lives in her district too. I doubt she needs to too much worry about traditional family values when she campaigns but another Latino vote is always welcome. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/26/2009, 6:29 pm

And speaking of Nasty Pelosi.

Quote :
I think I just switched brands........

How do you Spell: CORRUPTION ?

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's home district includes San Francisco .
Star-Kist Tuna's headquarters are in San Francisco , Pelosi's home district.
Star-Kist is owned by Del Monte Foods and is a major contributor to Pelosi.
Star-Kist is the major employer in American Samoa employing 75% of the
Samoan work force.
Paul Pelosi, Nancy 's husband, owns $17 million dollars of Star-Kist stock.

In January, 2007 when the minimum wage was increased from $5.15 to $7.25,
Pelosi had American Samoa exempted from the increase so Del Monte would not
have to pay the higher wage. This would make Del Monte products less
expensive than their competition's.

Last week when the huge bailout bill was passed, Pelosi added an earmark
to the final bill adding $33 million dollars for an 'economic development
credit in American Samoa '.
Pelosi has called the Bush Administration "CORRUPT" ? ?
How do you spell "HYPOCRISY"?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/26/2009, 6:45 pm

I'd really like to see all politicians try to survive on minimum wage.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty3/26/2009, 8:57 pm

LoisLane wrote:
And speaking of Nasty Pelosi.

Quote :
I think I just switched brands........

How do you Spell: CORRUPTION ?

How do you spell "HYPOCRISY"?

Better yet,How do you spell right-wing BS? Evil or Very Mad

Wherever you found this piece of garbage it's been totally discredited by Snopes.com,starting with the ridiculous claim that her husband owned 17 mil in stock nor that she received any money from Del Monte.
Read it @ http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/americansamoa.asp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids   Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids Empty

Back to top Go down

Nancy Pelosi steps up and denounces immigration raids
Page 1 of 1