Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so... Empty
PostSubject: I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so...   I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so... Empty3/15/2009, 10:43 am

Quote :
Obama bans 'downer' cows from food supply
President says current food safety system is a 'hazard to public health'

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Saturday permanently banned the slaughter of cows too sick or weak to stand on their own, seeking to further minimize the chance that mad cow disease could enter the food supply.

The Agriculture Department proposed the ban last year after the biggest beef recall in U.S. history. The recall involved a Chino, Calif., slaughterhouse and "downer" cows. The Obama administration finalized the ban on Saturday.

"As part of our commitment to public health, our Agriculture Department is closing a loophole in the system to ensure that diseased cows don't find their way into the food supply," President Barack Obama said in his weekly radio and video address.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29691788

Props due indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so...   I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so... Empty3/15/2009, 10:59 am

This is great, but, who will inspect beef that comes from places like Australia and New Zealand? And the largest customers of imported beef are (not necessarily in this order) McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's. There is no mention of imported food.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so...   I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so... Empty3/15/2009, 11:01 am

Ah, good point... maybe I should wait to give the props...

nah, I'll still give it to him since it's a start in the right direction Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so...   I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so... Empty

Back to top Go down

I said I'd give "the ONE" mad props when due- so...
Page 1 of 1