Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

long day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

long day Empty
PostSubject: long day   long day Empty2/19/2009, 3:03 pm

got called out at 230 and boy did we go through a ton (OR HUNDRED THOUSAND TONS OR SO) of salt today.

thank god for the sunshine.

but i have to say i am really irritated at indot. besides the problems on 94 today. calumet, indy, and cline were all rediculous because of their complete ineptitude. i didnt even see one of their trucks till lunch time. and by then the roads were starting to melt on their own. but every accident i heard about in hammond today happenned on one of indots roads. didnt hear a thing on columbia, or kennedy, or 165th etc.
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

long day Empty
PostSubject: Re: long day   long day Empty2/20/2009, 8:05 am

After driving through a number of communities yesterday, Hammond had by far the best roads. Some areas didn't put down any salt at all.

Great job!
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

long day Empty
PostSubject: Re: long day   long day Empty2/20/2009, 2:58 pm

thanks. looks like tomarrow's gonna be a long day too. i advise anyone to get supplies tonight (FRIDAY) and stay in if possible saturday. sounds like a slushy mess is on the way.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

long day Empty
PostSubject: Re: long day   long day Empty2/21/2009, 5:15 pm

I'm late checking in, Oracle...but I was not surprised. I was at my nephew's in Joliet...and on Channel 2 they stated they closed down I-65 and anything east of I-65 for icy roads. It was an embarrasement, in my opinion.

They offered Route 6 or Ridge Road. They also warned that the tollway was closed. Gosh, I think I should move back to Missouri or go move in with my daughter in LA. This is strange...people trying to go to work, not knowing the roads were slicker than hell, and then to have the news persons saying, "west of I-94 going to downtown, no problem. Avoid the Borman. Real cute. It's 2009, right?

The Dan Ryan was clear as hell, but traffic was jammed going towards it from I-65. They warned motorists not to attempt to use the I-65, or the tollway that goes into Chicago. Hell, shut them down altogether, and save your salt. Now, what can we lease out next?

Michigan cleans their highways up no matter what the cost. I can't see my parents because Indiana is so behind the times, I can't stand the state anymore. They are backwards and behind the "times" as I've stated over and over throughout the years. They, to me should move to the south where the politicians are crooked and accepted cuz the people are too stupid to ask for anything else because they think it's "natural".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

long day Empty
PostSubject: Re: long day   long day Empty

Back to top Go down

long day
Page 1 of 1