Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 What took you so long?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: What took you so long?   3/23/2012, 3:38 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/03/22/MSNBC%20Host%20Blames%20Limbaugh%20Gingrich%20Santorum%20Rhetoric%20For%20Trevon%20Martin%20Death

MSNBC Host Blames Limbaugh, Gingrich, Santorum For Trayvon Martin Death

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/ed-schultz-blames-bush-trayvon-martins-death/443481

March 23, 2012 11:59am74 Comments
Ed Schultz blames Bush for Trayvon Martin's death





Look for mass-hysterical calls for repeal of the Stand Your Ground/Castle Doctrine laws.
Hang tough, Indiana.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/23/2012, 4:00 pm

Quote :
"MSNBC Host Blames Limbaugh, Gingrich, Santorum For Trayvon Martin Death"
Well no, the host did not blame Limbaugh, Gingrich, Santorum for Trayvon Martin's death.
This is an excellent example of how the extremist right misleads, distorts and lies.
Typical Breitbart garbage.
Ms Finney explains the fact that stereotypes about black people are perpetuated by the likes of Limbaugh, Gingrich and Santorum.
The examples she gave were 100% SPOT ON.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/23/2012, 4:48 pm

edge540 wrote:
The examples she gave were 100% SPOT ON.
After she cited those examples, she said, "…. In the case of Trayvon, those festering stereotypes had lethal consequences …., and she said this with no proof or justification whatsoever. If there is some proof or justification that the stereotypes cited led to Trayvon's death, edge, please demonstrate.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/23/2012, 6:31 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
The examples she gave were 100% SPOT ON.
After she cited those examples, she said, [/b]"…. In the case of Trayvon, those festering stereotypes had lethal consequences …., [b]and she said this with no proof or justification whatsoever. If there is some proof or justification that the stereotypes cited led to Trayvon's death, edge, please demonstrate.
According to Fox News Geraldo Rivera there is....
Geraldo Rivera on the Dangers of Clothing
Quote :
Fox News genius Geraldo Rivera appeared on Fox & Friends this morning and weighed in on the Trayvon Martin case, helpfully suggesting that Trayvon was killed by his hoodie.

Quote :
BRIAN KILMEADE (co-host): Let’s talk about the Trayvon Martin case and what’s going on in Florida right now.

GERALDO RIVERA: Well, I have a different take, Brian, on that. I believe that George Zimmerman, the overzealous neighborhood watch captain should be investigated to the fullest extent of the law and if he is criminally liable, he should be prosecuted. But I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies. I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/23/2012, 9:14 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
The examples she gave were 100% SPOT ON.
After she cited those examples, she said, [/b]"…. In the case of Trayvon, those festering stereotypes had lethal consequences …., [b]and she said this with no proof or justification whatsoever. If there is some proof or justification that the stereotypes cited led to Trayvon's death, edge, please demonstrate.
According to Fox News Geraldo Rivera there is....
Geraldo Rivera on the Dangers of Clothing
Quote :
Fox News genius Geraldo Rivera appeared on Fox & Friends this morning and weighed in on the Trayvon Martin case, helpfully suggesting that Trayvon was killed by his hoodie.

Quote :
BRIAN KILMEADE (co-host): Let’s talk about the Trayvon Martin case and what’s going on in Florida right now.

GERALDO RIVERA: Well, I have a different take, Brian, on that. I believe that George Zimmerman, the overzealous neighborhood watch captain should be investigated to the fullest extent of the law and if he is criminally liable, he should be prosecuted. But I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies. I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.
Just this once, I hope this is some sort of demonstration that you have at least a nodding acquaintance with a sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/23/2012, 11:08 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

According to Fox News Geraldo Rivera there is....
Geraldo Rivera on the Dangers of Clothing
Quote :
Fox News genius Geraldo Rivera appeared on Fox & Friends this morning and weighed in on the Trayvon Martin case, helpfully suggesting that Trayvon was killed by his hoodie.

Quote :
BRIAN KILMEADE (co-host): Let’s talk about the Trayvon Martin case and what’s going on in Florida right now.

GERALDO RIVERA: Well, I have a different take, Brian, on that. I believe that George Zimmerman, the overzealous neighborhood watch captain should be investigated to the fullest extent of the law and if he is criminally liable, he should be prosecuted. But I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies. I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.
Just this once, I hope this is some sort of demonstration that you have at least a nodding acquaintance with a sense of humor.
What exactly is humorous about what Whorealdo said?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/24/2012, 5:49 am

Artie60438 wrote:
What exactly is humorous about what Whorealdo said?
The hoodie did it.
Back to top Go down
edge540

avatar

Posts : 1166

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/26/2012, 11:30 am

Lobbyists, Guns and Money

Quote :
Florida’s now-infamous Stand Your Ground law, which lets you shoot someone you consider threatening without facing arrest, let alone prosecution, sounds crazy — and it is. And it’s tempting to dismiss this law as the work of ignorant yahoos. But similar laws have been pushed across the nation, not by ignorant yahoos but by big corporations.
Specifically, language virtually identical to Florida’s law is featured in a template supplied to legislators in other states by the American Legislative Exchange Council, a corporate-backed organization that has managed to keep a low profile even as it exerts vast influence (only recently, thanks to yeoman work by the Center for Media and Democracy, has a clear picture of ALEC’s activities emerged). And if there is any silver lining to Trayvon Martin’s killing, it is that it might finally place a spotlight on what ALEC is doing to our society — and our democracy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/26/opinion/krugman-lobbyists-guns-and-money.html?_r=1&ref=opinion
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3100

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/27/2012, 8:16 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
What exactly is humorous about what Whorealdo said?
The hoodie did it.

He was joking?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/27/2012, 11:02 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
What exactly is humorous about what Whorealdo said?
The hoodie did it.

He was joking?
He has a strange sense of humor doesn't he? He probably thought it was also funny when Bill O'Reilly blamed a woman wearing a short skirt and a halter top for her own rape.
Back to top Go down
KarenT



Posts : 1328

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/27/2012, 11:21 am

OK, I'll ask here. Where was Martin shot? Front or back?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/27/2012, 11:36 am

KarenT wrote:
OK, I'll ask here. Where was Martin shot? Front or back?
Most recent reports have Zimmerman on the ground, on his back, with Martin banging Zimmerman's head on the ground. If the shooting occurred at that point, it would almost had to have been a frontal shot. On the other hand, those are just the most recent reports, and the way the information in this case has been coming out in dribs and drabs, there is no way of verifying those reports.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/27/2012, 11:58 am

Coincidence or not?
Just axin'.




http://www.wtam.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104707&article=9954327&sa=U&ei=7NdxT-jNDOfu0gHp7JnaAQ&ved=0CCIQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNFB2yrf6KGVLmVFv7gOZ_817Dw1AA

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Coincidence? Obama camp peddles 2012 'Hoodies'

So when the Obama camp announced via Twitter yesterday that it was putting its 2012 hoodies on sale, it got some thinking: Is the President trying to capitalize off the death of Martin?


A lot has been made about the hoodie lately. Not only has Geraldo partially blamed it for the death of Trayvon Martin, but it’s also become a symbol of unity for standing with the slain teen and his family.
So when the Obama camp announced via Twitter yesterday that it was putting its 2012 hoodies on sale, it got some thinking: Is the President trying to capitalize off the death of Martin?

On Monday, the Obama2012 Twitter account sent out this message:



Obama 2012
Let everyone know whose team you’re on for 2012 with today’s merchandise steal: the college-style hooded sweatshirt.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/27/2012, 4:23 pm

happy jack wrote:
KarenT wrote:
OK, I'll ask here. Where was Martin shot? Front or back?
[b]Most recent reports have Zimmerman on the ground, on his back, with Martin banging Zimmerman's head on the ground.
I'd sure like to see the pictures of that. So far...nothing. Zimmerman's attorney ran out on MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnel
last night because he was afraid of the questions O'Donnel planned to ask.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/27/2012, 4:27 pm

happy jack wrote:

So when the Obama camp announced via Twitter yesterday that it was putting its 2012 hoodies on sale, it got some thinking: Is the President trying to capitalize off the death of Martin?[/size]
Mittens beat him to it.
Quote :
Believe In America Zip-Up Hoodie
Support Mitt and stay warm with our “Believe in America” hoodie. The navy, full zip hoodie is made in America with 100% cotton
http://www.mittromney.com/store/romney-full-zip-hoodie
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/27/2012, 9:30 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
KarenT wrote:
OK, I'll ask here. Where was Martin shot? Front or back?
Most recent reports have Zimmerman on the ground, on his back, with Martin banging Zimmerman's head on the ground.
I'd sure like to see the pictures of that. So far...nothing. Zimmerman's attorney ran out on MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnel
last night because he was afraid of the questions O'Donnel planned to ask.

[b]You know, it would have been quite easy to include my entire quote, including the higlighted portion, ....



happy jack wrote:
KarenT wrote:
OK, I'll ask here. Where was Martin shot? Front or back?
Most recent reports have Zimmerman on the ground, on his back, with Martin banging Zimmerman's head on the ground. If the shooting occurred at that point, it would almost had to have been a frontal shot. On the other hand, those are just the most recent reports, and the way the information in this case has been coming out in dribs and drabs, there is no way of verifying those reports.

.... but that would have necessitated a modicum of honesty on your part.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/27/2012, 9:47 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Mittens beat him to it.
Quote :
Believe In America Zip-Up Hoodie
Support Mitt and stay warm with our “Believe in America” hoodie. The navy, full zip hoodie is made in America with 100% cotton
http://www.mittromney.com/store/romney-full-zip-hoodie

We just seem to be awash in hoodie sales today, don't we?



http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?c=11&p=CO+635&ct=e
http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?c=11&p=CO+635&ct=eNRA Concealed Carry Hooded Sweatshirt


Catalog Number: CO 635

$59.95 - $64.95

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

We want concealed carry to fit around your lifestyle – not the other way around. That’s why we developed the NRAstore™ exclusive Concealed Carry Hooded Sweatshirt. It’s the only garment of its kind we know of! Made from a pre-shrunk, heavyweight 50% cotton / 50% polyester blend, we’ve taken a standard 9 oz. fleece sweatshirt design and added a full-body polyester lining for added warmth, durability, wind resistance and weight distribution. Inside the sweatshirt you’ll find left and right concealment pockets. The included Velcro®-backed holster and double mag pouch can be repositioned inside the pockets for optimum draw. Ideal for carrying your favorite compact to mid-size pistol, the NRA Concealed Carry Hooded Sweatshirt gives you an extra tactical edge, because its unstructured, casual design appears incapable of concealing a heavy firearm – but it does so with ease! Includes drawstring hood, cotton/spandex ribbed cuffs and waistband, two front pouch pockets and a discreet black zipper. Includes one Velcro® holster and one Velcro® mag pouch. Colors: Black, Navy. Made in USA.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/28/2012, 8:40 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
KarenT wrote:
OK, I'll ask here. Where was Martin shot? Front or back?
Most recent reports have Zimmerman on the ground, on his back, with Martin banging Zimmerman's head on the ground.
I'd sure like to see the pictures of that. So far...nothing. Zimmerman's attorney ran out on MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnel
last night because he was afraid of the questions O'Donnel planned to ask.

[b]You know, it would have been quite easy to include my entire quote, including the higlighted portion, ....



happy jack wrote:
KarenT wrote:
OK, I'll ask here. Where was Martin shot? Front or back?
Most recent reports have Zimmerman on the ground, on his back, with Martin banging Zimmerman's head on the ground. If the shooting occurred at that point, it would almost had to have been a frontal shot. On the other hand, those are just the most recent reports, and the way the information in this case has been coming out in dribs and drabs, there is no way of verifying those reports.

.... but that would have necessitated a modicum of honesty on your part.

Yeah.let's take a closer look at what you posted. You only posted alleged reports that supported Zimmerman and ignored those that support Martin,like the fact that the lead homicide investigator didn't buy Zimmerman;'s story and wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter. If you're so concerned about honesty why did you only present one side of the story?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3100

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/28/2012, 10:12 am

And that's only how the fight ended, not how it started. Trayvon was on the phone with someone at the time of the incident, a call which ended a mere five minutes before the police arrived on scene. That witness' account contradicts Zimmerman's account (both) of how it did start (which sounds extremely dubious to begin with, a sentiment supported by the lead investigator).

I would think that Martin was just as able to use lethal force against an armed individual who was chasing him against police orders recommendation, and "stand his ground" if he felt so threatened. His only real crime is that he may have been winning a fight Zimmerman started, and a simple ass-kicking doesn't have an NRA-like lobby to support it.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/28/2012, 11:10 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Yeah.let's take a closer look at what you posted. You only posted alleged reports that supported Zimmerman and ignored those that support Martin,like the fact that the lead homicide investigator didn't buy Zimmerman;'s story and wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter. If you're so concerned about honesty why did you only present one side of the story?


Yes, let’s take a closer look at what I posted, shall we?
The question was asked:


KarenT wrote:
OK, I'll ask here. Where was Martin shot? Front or back?
My reply was:

happy jack wrote:
Most recent reports have Zimmerman on the ground, on his back, with Martin banging Zimmerman's head on the ground. If the shooting occurred at that point, it would almost had to have been a frontal shot. On the other hand, those are just the most recent reports, and the way the information in this case has been coming out in dribs and drabs, there is no way of verifying those reports.
My reply was a logical assumption based upon the information I had seen to date. The question asked had nothing to do with the lead investigator buying Zimmerman’s story, nor did it have a thing to do with his desire to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter, so I saw no reason to get into those areas – I was merely giving a straightforward answer to a very simple and very specific question; I was not writing a novel.


When I posted ….


happy jack wrote:
…. those are just the most recent reports, and the way the information in this case has been coming out in dribs and drabs, there is no way of verifying those reports.
.... I thought I made it crystal clear that I did not stand by the aforementioned report as ‘fact’.
I hope you understand that I am the one who is withholding judgment until some actual facts are established. You see, I’m not sure what exactly happened, and I’m not afraid to say so, unlike …..


Heretic wrote:
His only real crime is that he may have been winning a fight Zimmerman started, and a simple ass-kicking doesn't have an NRA-like lobby to support it.
…. who has clearly made up his mind, and who apparently is privy to more of the ‘facts’ in this case than am I.

So, Artie, I see that this thread is heading in the same direction as was the one where Limbaugh called the girl a slut. You are so certain that I am reflexively defending Zimmerman that you will make things up, against all facts and evidence, in order to make it appear so.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/28/2012, 11:19 am

happy jack wrote:

So, Artie, I see that this thread is heading in the same direction as was the one where Limbaugh called the girl a slut. You are so certain that I am reflexively defending Zimmerman that you will make things up, against all facts and evidence, in order to make it appear so.
Quote :
happy jack wrote:
KarenT wrote:
OK, I'll ask here. Where was Martin shot? Front or back?

[b]Most recent reports have Zimmerman on the ground, on his back, with Martin banging Zimmerman's head on the ground.

I'd sure like to see the pictures of that. So far...nothing. Zimmerman's attorney ran out on MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnel
last night because he was afraid of the questions O'Donnel planned to ask.
What exactly did I make up? Show me! All I said was that I'd like to see the pictures of his alleged injuries. ( A request) I then pointed out that his lawyer ran out of the MSNBC studio when he realized he was going to be asked tough questions. (A verified fact)

Quote :
So, Artie, I see that this thread is heading in the same direction as was the one where Limbaugh called the girl a slut.
Planning to blame Bill Maher?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/28/2012, 11:37 am

Artie60438 wrote:
What exactly did I make up? Show me!


Artie60438 wrote:
.... You only posted alleged reports that supported Zimmerman and ignored those that support Martin ....

I ignored nothing; I had not seen those reports, and even if I had, I would have regarded them as entirely irrelevant to the question and would have seen no need to comment on them.



Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9366

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/28/2012, 12:05 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
What exactly did I make up? Show me!


Artie60438 wrote:
.... You only posted alleged reports that supported Zimmerman and ignored those that support Martin ....

[b]I ignored nothing; I had not seen those reports, and even if I had, I would have regarded them as entirely irrelevant to the question and would have seen no need to comment on them.
It's a fact that you did not offer any reports that supported Martin. Therefore I made nothing up! I would appreciate if you try to refrain from lying in the future. Thanks
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/28/2012, 12:14 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
What exactly did I make up? Show me!


Artie60438 wrote:
.... You only posted alleged reports that supported Zimmerman and ignored those that support Martin ....

[b]I ignored nothing; I had not seen those reports, and even if I had, I would have regarded them as entirely irrelevant to the question and would have seen no need to comment on them.
It's a fact that you did not offer any reports that supported Martin. Therefore I made nothing up! I would appreciate if you try to refrain from lying in the future. Thanks

It is a fact that I did not offer any reports that supported Martin.
It is not a fact that I ignored reports that supported Martin, as you claim, only that such reports had nothing whatsoever to do with the question.
Capiche, Liar Boy?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

avatar

Posts : 5986

PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   3/28/2012, 12:19 pm

Damn.
This is getting stupider and stupider, faster and faster.


http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/dem-pulled-house-floor-trayvon-hoodie/450891

March 28, 201210:59am
Dem pulled from House floor for Trayvon hoodie

Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., lost his right to speak on the House floor after he violated rules by putting on a hoodie and sunglasses in honor of Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen shot last month.
"May God bless Trayvon Martin's soul, his family and -- [inaudible]" Rush said as he was removed from the House floor this morning for wearing a hoodie.
Rush was wearing a grey hoodie under his suit jacket. He took off his jacket, pulled the hood over his head and put on sunglasses while saying "racial profiling has to stop, Mr. Speaker. Just because someone wears a hoodie does not make them a hoodlum," he said.
"The member will suspend," said a visibly frustrated Rep. Gregg Harper, R-Miss., the speaker pro tempore presiding over the morning session. "The member is no longer recognized. The chair will ask the sergeant-at-arms to enforce the rules on decorum."
Rush shouted Bible passages over the sound of the gavel as the speaker interrupted him, but he was eventually pulled from the House floor. "The chair will ask the sergeant-at-arms to enforce the rules on decorum," Harper said.
Rush's "donning of the hood" violated clause five of House Rule 17 against wearing hats on the House floor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What took you so long?   

Back to top Go down
 
What took you so long?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: