Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse

Go down 
+2
Artie60438
BigWhiteGuy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/16/2009, 8:17 am

sparks wrote:

Robin, you should spend less time insulting me and more time actually reading the links you post.Here is what you wrote in this thread.
I don't remember anyone in this thread insulting you. As tempting as it was, I almost did. Why is it whenever anyone disagrees with your posts, it is an insult? I am sure, the Admin would have stepped in and "locked" this thread, as he has done so many times in the past. Quit cryin', and....

Butch up.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/16/2009, 9:05 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
sparks wrote:

Robin, you should spend less time insulting me and more time actually reading the links you post.Here is what you wrote in this thread.
I don't remember anyone in this thread insulting you. As tempting as it was, I almost did. Why is it whenever anyone disagrees with your posts, it is an insult? I am sure, the Admin would have stepped in and "locked" this thread, as he has done so many times in the past. Quit cryin', and....

Butch up.
The administrator has been watching this thread.Yesterday, he posted an image of someone eating popcorn, as if to say this is going to be an interesting discussion. Robin made these comments directed towards me at the top of this page.
Robin Banks wrote:
Second, as you seem to be unable to grasp, the new technology involves onboard generation of hydrogen. No storage is required
Your original statement confirms that you don't know what you're talking about
I fail to those remarks add anything to the discussion. If Robin can't prove his point, he should just admit it instead of making himself look bad by attacking me for pointing out the inaccuracies in his posts and logic.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/16/2009, 9:17 am

sparks wrote:
I fail to those remarks add anything to the discussion. If Robin can't prove his point, he should just admit it instead of making himself look bad by attacking me for pointing out the inaccuracies in his posts and logic. [/b]
Robin and I both have provided you links to this discussion. I can't speak for Robin, but it is my opinion that you haven't bothered to check out those links. Additionally, Robin hasn't made himself look bad. On the contrary. You look bad by belaboring the point. Hydrogen fuel cells exist, and are being tested. You can't seem to grasp the facts, so you go on the defensive, trying to dispute factual claims. What you do not realize is that hydrogen fuel cell technology is new, just as the internal combustion engine was over 100 years ago. In order to utilize this new system, we Americans must rethink our dependence on gasoline and crude oil. Many, like yourself, do not welcome revolutionary change. It is this thinking that will not make progress, until it is forced upon us. Just like digital TV.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/17/2009, 9:40 am

BWG wrote:
Quote :
What you do not realize is that hydrogen fuel cell technology is new, just as the internal combustion engine was over 100 years ago.

No it is not "new"
Hydrogen fuel cell technology has been around for some time.
The problem is the fact that it is expensive & complicated technology that so far is not practical for mass production.

Quote :

Future of the Car: Honda FCX Clarity

...The car itself is impressive, but, in our opinion, costs too much. Currently, each car is estimated to cost about half a million dollars. And without subsidies, hydrogen costs more than twice as much as gasoline today.

Plus, just obtaining the hydrogen is a problem. It either comes from natural gas or from electricity, a process that consumes more energy than the hydrogen provides.

As good as the FCX Clarity is, it will still be many years before hydrogen is a mainstream fuel. Consider the FCX Clarity a car of tomorrow.
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2008/10/hondafcxclarity.html
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/17/2009, 9:57 am

Robin Banks wrote:
Thanks for the support....we are on the brink of many technological breakthroughs, many including hydrogen. There is quite a lot of development happening right here in NWI but it is done very quietly because the stakes are very high and intellectual property has to be protected carefully. Most of the work is done by entrepreneurs and start-up companies without government support.

You really believe this?

You really think that "entrepreneurs and start-up companies" actually are futher in development than billion dollar auto companies like Honda, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, Saab, Volvo et.?
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/17/2009, 10:01 am

Yes, and yes.

Did you see the link about Ford? All the auto manufacturers you listed are supplied by other companies that at one time were start-up companies themselves.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/17/2009, 10:27 am

Robin Banks wrote:
Quote :
yes

Let me get this straight, you think that "entrepreneurs and start-up companies" are more technologically advanced than those auto companies with the billion dollar R&D programs...yes?

Quote :
Did you see the link about Ford?
Well yes I did.
Did you see any any "red flags" with the specs on that engine?
Do you think that a 6.8L V-10, 415 cu in, cast iron block engine with a supercharger that makes only 235 hp is viable for a car?

My 08 Honda Accord with a 2.4L aluminum block four cylinder cranks out 190 hp.
It's not even half the size of the Ford V-10 & produces almost as much power.
A 6.8L V-10, would not even fit in a Honda Civic or Accord.

Quote :
All the auto manufacturers you listed are supplied by other companies that at one time were start-up companies themselves.

Yeah, so what? What's your point?
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/17/2009, 10:47 am

First, it's a bus with a diesel engine designed for torque, not horsepower. Second, auto companies rely on their suppliers for innovation.

Here is Ford's income statement:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=F&annual

Note the entry for research and development
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/17/2009, 11:11 am

Quote :
First, it's a bus with a diesel engine designed for torque, not horsepower.
Say what?
Looks like you're getting confused here.
You said:

Quote :
And Ford is using it:
https://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=45786

No that is not a diesel engine, it's an engine that uses hydrogen for fuel.

From YOUR link:
Quote :
Prior to its arrival in Ottawa, the first Canadian hydrogen internal combustion engine shuttle bus benefited from more than 7,000 hours of engine development and testing to ensure optimum durability and performance. The engine development process replicated the same stringent durability standards applied to other Ford engines.

Like I said, it's a hydrogen internal combustion engine...
So, you think they can stick that in a car?

Quote :
Here is Ford's income statement:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=F&annual

Note the entry for research and development
I'm really not interested in their "income statement".
You really think that it didn't cost Ford anything to develope that hydrogen internal combustion engine?
Quote :
Second, auto companies rely on their suppliers for innovation.
Wow
Really...and YOU know this how?
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/17/2009, 11:20 am

Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/17/2009, 11:28 am

Ah yes I see, the parts manufacturers are going to bring us oil independence.

...yep

and BTW, for your reading pleasure:
Quote :
Acura Design Center to Play Critical Role in Creation of Future Products
TORRANCE, CA - March 28,2006: Honda broke ground yesterday on a new $15 million Acura Design Center, the latest expansion of Honda's product design and development capabilities in North America. The Acura Design Center, scheduled to open in summer 2007, will play a critical role in the development of new concepts and designs that will lead directly to future Acura products developed in North America. The facility will be located adjacent to Honda R&D America's existing Los Angeles Center, which will continue to research and design future Honda products...

Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty2/17/2009, 11:51 am

...more:
Which automaker has the largest R&D budget? The answer may surprise you.

Ford Motor USA has the largest R&D budget of all automakers and ranks second overall in the ranking of the world’s top 50 R&D companies. Daimler Germany is in fifth place and Toyota is in sixth.

Here’s how the remaining automakers rank:

9) General Motors
14) Volkswagen
22) Honda
23) BMW
29) Nissan
35) Renault
41) Peugeot

http://www.autospies.com/news/Which-automaker-has-the-largest-R-D-budget-The-answer-may-surprise-you-21374/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse   Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nancy Pelosi's Harvest Mouse
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3