Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor

Go down 
+2
sparks
Artie60438
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/6/2009, 12:49 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
I believe the question being asked is: If 2 million people could cram themselves into a restricted space in one or two days, why couldn't 200,000 people move themselves out of a restricted space into an unrestricted space after having been given four days notice?

Because just maybe they had the resources....like a car,airfare,hotel reservations,and the cash on hand to pay for it. You do realize that a lot of the people that didn't make it out were devoid of those resources,don't you?
Thanks for setting me straight, Artie. I didn't realize that none of those people had legs.

So they were just supposed to walk away from a hurricane? Rolling Eyes Next time you're in one,try it and see how it works out for you.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/6/2009, 12:59 pm

Damn right they should have walked away.
What the hell Arnie? What's the problem with 75 year old people walking say, 10 or 20 twenty miles inland?
Quote :
CHICAGO - As New Orleans residents warily track another threatening storm, a new report presents the clearest picture yet of deaths from Katrina in Louisiana. Of the nearly 1,000 who died, almost half were 75 or older, according to researchers.
no good, lazy sob's
I'm with jack on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/6/2009, 1:17 pm

Maybe they could have rode the buses:
GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 KatrinaBuses2
Back to top Go down
stillhere219

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/7/2009, 11:22 am

happy jack wrote:
stillhere219 wrote:
... this board resembles MSNBC.
Please don't say that too loud - you'll dash all hopes of attracting any more intelligent posters.

Not quite sure what you mean by "intelligent posters." You mean there's someone out there who believes Bill O'Reilly can match wits with Keith Olberman? Of course a lot of MSNBC is entertainment, but so is FOX. Come on, Hannity yelling down someone or Bill-O calling someone a pinhead isn't entertainment? As far as I'm concerned, MSNBC has found a great mix between entertainment, fact and opinion in their programming, especially during the election coverage. How can you get anymore extreme opinions from the likes of Rachel Maddow and Pat Buchanan? So what if they lean a little left; it provides a great balance to FOX's right wing positions from a bunch of bitter haters.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/7/2009, 11:25 am

stillhere219 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
stillhere219 wrote:
Please don't say that too loud - you'll dash all hopes of attracting any more intelligent posters.

... can match wits with Keith Olberman?
When did Olbermann develop wits? This is the first I've heard about it.
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/7/2009, 12:18 pm

stillhere219 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
stillhere219 wrote:

Not quite sure what you mean by "intelligent posters." You mean there's someone out there who believes Bill O'Reilly can match wits with Keith Olberman? Of course a lot of MSNBC is entertainment, but so is FOX. Come on, Hannity yelling down someone or Bill-O calling someone a pinhead isn't entertainment? As far as I'm concerned, MSNBC has found a great mix between entertainment, fact and opinion in their programming, especially during the election coverage. How can you get anymore extreme opinions from the likes of Rachel Maddow and Pat Buchanan? So what if they lean a little left; it provides a great balance to FOX's right wing positions from a bunch of bitter haters.

I agree. I really like MSNBC, they have the best political coverage by far. My favorites are Morning Joe and Hardball.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/7/2009, 1:10 pm

Rupert Murdoch,owner of Fox News.....

Quote :
Even on [finance] terms, we have never been a company that tolerates facts.

Rupert Murdoch
February 5, 2009 4:30 pm ET
http://seekingalpha.com/article/118935-news-corporation-f2q09-qtr-end-12-31-08-earnings-call-transcript?page=-1
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/27/2009, 11:48 am

This wingnut pow-wow wraps up on Saturday with Rush Limbecile getting the "Defender of the Constitution Award",so expect some more of these gems from the party of out of touch......

CPAC: Day One
by Barbara Morrill aka BarbinMD
Thu Feb 26, 2009 at 07:20:05 PM PST

Just a little bit of the crazy from the first day of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC):

* There was a former U.N. Ambassador JOKING about nuking the city of Chicago ... the crowd cheered.

* There was a member of the House of Representatives introduced by a man who questioned the legitimacy of Barack Obama's presidency ... and the Congressman thanked him for his "kind words."

* And an unlicensed, tax-evading plumber talked about running for public office.

But the best line of the day was from 2012 wannabe, Mike Huckabee:

Quote :
I'm still convinced America wants to like us. They want to vote for us. It's when we lose our competence that the American people lose their confidence.
Comedy.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/2/26/211843/103/382/702383
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/27/2009, 2:29 pm

More on CPAC....I'm monitoring a live chat on a site http://www.ustream.tv/channel/townhall-presents-cpac-2009 that's streaming this nutfest and the comments are both hilarious and frightening. It's a good thing these morons haven't figured out that C-Span is televising it all live or I probably would have missed some of these gems...

Quote :
PEOPLE WHO PAY NO TAXES SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE
AmericanJOE : i wonder how many drugs/pharmacuticals nazi pelosi takes every day
Hosepha : FDR = worse president ever
Hosepha : FDR, Lincoln and JFK have done more to destroy the nation than anyone else
Dehelios : We need a conservative woodstock (Constock) to put ourselves right in MSNBC's face
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/27/2009, 2:37 pm

What, no Ann Coulter?

I'm so disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/27/2009, 5:12 pm

edge540 wrote:
What, no Ann Coulter?

I'm so disappointed.

Cheer up,Edge. She's scheduled for tomorrow around 11:30. Razz Overall,the day should be a real hoot. Almost all my favorite lunatics will be there....Rick Santorum,William Bennett,and David Horowitz,to name a few.
http://www.cpac.org/agenda_20908.html

Some "must see" events are............

10:15
How Many Crimes Did You Commit Today?
Regency Ballroom
Hon. Asa Hutchinson
Tim Lynch, Cato Institute*
Paul Rosenzweig, Department of Homeland Security*

Moderator: Pat Nolan, Prison Fellowship Ministries*
-----------------
3:00
Sarah Palin Unplugged on the Media Video Interview
Diplomat Ballroom
Sponsored by "Media Malpractice" Movie
Speaker: John Ziegler and special guest
Open to all CPAC attendees/Tickets enclosed in CPAC registration bags
-------------------
2:00
Conservatism 2.0 Conference
Diplomat Ballroom
Sponsored by Pajamas Television
The Washington Tea Party hosted by Kellyanne Conway, Mary Anne Marsh, Michelle Malkin and Jeri Thompson with their special guest, Fred Thompson.
----------------
3:00
The True Cost Of Global Warming Hysteria
Regency Ballroom
----------
The party winds up with the Gasbag himself...

5:00
Rush Limbaugh
Regency Ballroom
Introduction: Lisa De Pasquale, American Conservative Union

5:30
Presentation of Defender of the Constitution Award
Presenter: Brad O’Leary, PM-Direct Marketing
Recipient: Rush Limbaugh Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Artie60438 on 2/27/2009, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link to CPAC event schedule)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty2/27/2009, 6:37 pm

edge540 wrote:
What, no Ann Coulter?

I'm so disappointed.
There ya go...
GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Ann-coulter-card
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty3/12/2009, 7:28 am

GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 7
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty3/19/2009, 8:23 am

Here's another example of rather bizarre behavior coming from the right. Senator John McCain seems unwilling to defend his daughter against Laura Ingraham's mean spirited remark's about her body weight. This is one blogger's thoughts about it.
http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/father-of-year-by-digby-this-story-is.htmlToday, in his “Twitterview” with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) shied away from condemning Ingraham’s gratuitous attacks on his daughter. Stephanopoulos asked McCain, “What do you think of Meghan’s feud with Coulter and Ingraham?” McCain first said, “I’m proud of my daughter and she has a right to her opinions.” When asked if he agrees with his daughter, McCain did not say, simply stating, “like any family we agree on some things and disagree on others.”

digby wrote:
What kind of a man is this that he can't even defend his daughter against personal insults from the likes of Laura Ingraham? He doesn't even have a political motivation, as low and cynical as that might be. He won't be running for president again. He's never been a favorite of the right wing and has no reason to curry favor with them now and everything we know about him would suggest that he thinks right wingers like Coulter are political poison. They sure aren't friends of his.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty3/19/2009, 9:23 am

sparks wrote:
Here's another example of rather bizarre behavior coming from the right. Senator John McCain seems unwilling to defend his daughter against Laura Ingraham's mean spirited remark's about her body weight. This is one blogger's thoughts about it.
http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/father-of-year-by-digby-this-story-is.htmlToday, in his “Twitterview” with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) shied away from condemning Ingraham’s gratuitous attacks on his daughter. Stephanopoulos asked McCain, “What do you think of Meghan’s feud with Coulter and Ingraham?” McCain first said, “I’m proud of my daughter and she has a right to her opinions.” When asked if he agrees with his daughter, McCain did not say, simply stating, “like any family we agree on some things and disagree on others.”

digby wrote:
What kind of a man is this that he can't even defend his daughter against personal insults from the likes of Laura Ingraham? He doesn't even have a political motivation, as low and cynical as that might be. He won't be running for president again. He's never been a favorite of the right wing and has no reason to curry favor with them now and everything we know about him would suggest that he thinks right wingers like Coulter are political poison. They sure aren't friends of his.

I was thinking about starting a topic about this yesterday. Nice to see McCain throwing his daughter under the bus so as not to offend another hate radio yamhead. Can you imagine the mess we'd be in if that stooge had been elected Pres?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty3/19/2009, 2:26 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
sparks wrote:

digby wrote:

I was thinking about starting a topic about this yesterday. Nice to see McCain throwing his daughter under the bus so as not to offend another hate radio yamhead. Can you imagine the mess we'd be in if that stooge had been elected Pres?
It's funny you should bring up McCain as President because Digby addresses that possibility later in the blog.
Digby wrote:
Whenever I find myself getting down about something the Obama administration is doing all I have to do is picture that man in my head and I immediately bring myself back from the brink. Imagine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor   GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GOP's Twisted Sense of Humor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: