Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama seeks tougher clean air standards.

Go down 
+2
happy jack
sparks
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

Scorpion

Obama seeks tougher clean air standards. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama seeks tougher clean air standards.   Obama seeks tougher clean air standards. - Page 2 Empty1/28/2009, 6:07 pm

Robin Banks wrote:
CARB Certification
TxLED fuel standards may be satisfied by a CARB-certified alternative diesel fuel formulation, or by fuel that complies with certain California fuel regulations in accordance with 30 TAC §114.312(e). Please refer to the Draft Regulatory Guidance document for the specific requirements.

This is from the current TxLED standard. As you can see, it says "may" be satisfied, not "must" be satisfied. I trust the standard as written by TCEQ, which is the source of the TxLED program, more than your quote. No misrepresentation here. Here is the link to the standard:

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/implementation/air/sip/cleandiesel.html

Yeah, well perhaps you'll trust the United States Supreme Court...

http://www.communityrights.org/PDFs/MassBriefs/Mass%20v%20EPA--Amici%20States.pdf

Quote :
Under Section 209 of the Clean Air Act, no State
except for California is permitted to set emissions standards
for motor vehicles.
See 42 U.S.C. § 7543(a). California
may adopt its own standards so long as those
standards are no less protective of public health than
federal standards and it applies for a waiver of preemption
from the EPA.

Clear enough for you?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Obama seeks tougher clean air standards.   Obama seeks tougher clean air standards. - Page 2 Empty1/29/2009, 6:10 am

Admin wrote:
sparks wrote:
I will continue to point out the fact that you are unable to argue your case without resorting to childish diversions.
sparks, I wouldn't do that if I were you.

In the past I would have contacted you privately. Maybe letting the membership see this will help you.

For some reason you don't understand when happy jack tries to make a point through sarcasm. You instead take it as a personal attack. They are NOT personal attacks. happy jack also gave you some advice. Although phrased differently, it was the same advice I have given you in the past.

Now back to the discussion.

-Admin
Thank you.
I was not even questioning his claims; I was simply pointing out that his link did not support his claims. I saw no reason to freak out over something so minor.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Obama seeks tougher clean air standards.   Obama seeks tougher clean air standards. - Page 2 Empty1/29/2009, 6:36 am

happy jack wrote:

Thank you.
I was not even questioning his claims; I was simply pointing out that his link did not support his claims. I saw no reason to freak out over something so minor.
In my next post, I admitted that you were correct. At least this exchange proves one thing. The administrator is not biased towards me.
Happy Jack wrote:
Don't antagonize sparks, BWG - it may cause the Supreme Leader to step in and discipline you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama seeks tougher clean air standards.   Obama seeks tougher clean air standards. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama seeks tougher clean air standards.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2