Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

snow

Go down 
+2
UrRight
Mailman
6 posters
AuthorMessage

snow Empty
PostSubject: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 9:45 am

Oh my god, there's a snowflake on my street! We must impeach the mayor and fire everybody in the street dept

The preceding freetime imitation was brought to you by our sponsors, please visit them at slumlords of hammond dot org, soon to be expanding to a border state!
Back to top Go down

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 10:05 am

Bill B wrote:
Oh my god, there's a snowflake on my street! We must impeach the mayor and fire everybody in the street dept

The preceding freetime imitation was brought to you by our sponsors, please visit them at slumlords of hammond dot org, soon to be expanding to a border state!

NAW, it is Bush's fault, after all he is still president for the next 45 minutes !!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 1:09 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
Bill B wrote:

NAW, it is Bush's fault, after all he is still president for the next 45 minutes !!! Laughing

I blame Al Gore

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 2:17 pm

It didn't snow in the 5th. district. The mayor wouldn't allow it.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 3:56 pm

Bull crap; I've been digging out all day long. I love making donuts with the car! Smile

I blame mother nature for this global warming...many degrees higher than last year. Guess it only counts when it's hotter than hell in the summer.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 3:57 pm

What district am I IN?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 4:45 pm

I lurve the snow. I just don't like being plowed in. LOL! Oh well I need the exercise. pirat
Back to top Go down
UrRight

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 6:04 pm

They always make it sound worse than it is...

If you don't know the snow belt...stay home. Even though we're supposedly not part of it.

I find it fun making donuts!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 6:07 pm

UrRight wrote:
They always make it sound worse than it is...

If you don't know the snow belt...stay home. Even though we're supposedly not part of it.

I find it fun making donuts!

Aww gawd! I was behind a car on Rt6 in Hobart today behind a guy with a Florida plate going 7 maybe 8 miles an hour, and I'm thinking to myself "I don't come down to Florida and do this to you during hurricane season."
Back to top Go down

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 6:10 pm

Thats how they drive in florida also Paul

They arenot doing anything different Smile
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 6:33 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down
UrRight

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 7:31 pm

I go 20 mph. Donuts? Don't ask! Where? Not far from where I live...try a vacant lot...sometimes I like the giggles in my tummy.
Back to top Go down
voter3

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 8:01 pm

Today is what you can honestly call lake effect snow! Usually it comes down East of Ripley and that area but when the wind is just right North by North East we get dumped on. Today was the day!

UrRight you are in the fourth district which means Kim Poland is your Council Woman.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 8:29 pm

paul87920 wrote:

Aww gawd! I was behind a car on Rt6 in Hobart today behind a guy with a Florida plate going 7 maybe 8 miles an hour, and I'm thinking to myself "I don't come down to Florida and do this to you during hurricane season."

And I'll bet they could barely see over the dashboard.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 8:35 pm

holy crap!

got a call today at 230 am. i thought someone at work was playing a bad joke.

oh well....today sucked. throughout the morning wed plow a street. and 20 minutes later you couldnt even tell we'd been on it. but we started on the streets of hammond at about 3:15 am and called it quits around 8 pm.

good news! warmer tomarrow means this stuff will likely start melting right away!....i just wish this would have happenned yesterday instead!

oh well. ill take what i can get. im going to bed now.
Back to top Go down

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty1/20/2009, 9:58 pm

Know what really sucks about snow closings? I know someone who ventured all the way out to Purdue only to find the doors locked up tight and a sign saying they closed early.

When I went there there was a number you could call to see if school was open, so I'm guessing they either didn't call or didn't have the number handy. OK that's an adult who probably just wasn't thinking. But it really sucks for grade school kids' families when they wait until the last minute to make the decision when somebody has to call off work with little warning to watch the kids. Thank God for families and friends!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: snow   snow Empty

Back to top Go down

snow
Page 1 of 1