Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty
PostSubject: Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers   Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty5/24/2011, 5:26 pm

Interesting times for Roy boy on the horizon????

Quote :
HAMMOND | Six Lake County Sheriff's officers were placed on administrative leave Tuesday, after federal agents raided three Crown Point locations as part of an ongoing investigation, authorities said.

Sheriff John Buncich said all six officers were on duty Tuesday morning when federal agents served the warrants.

"Until I can sort this out, I placed them on administrative leave," Buncich said.

The officers were: Capt. Marco Kuyachich, Lt. Michael Reilly, Sgt. Joseph Kumstar, Officer Ronald Slusser, Officer Edward Kabella, Officer Scott Shelhart.

Buncich said he and his office are "fully cooperating with the U.S. Attorney's office and all other federal agencies involved.

"We have been cooperating with them for some time now," he said.

Buncich referred questions regarding the nature of the investigation to the U.S. Attorney's office.

U.S. Attorney's spokeswoman Mary Hatton confirmed federal agents executed search warrants on three Crown Point locations, and said the Sheriff's Department is not the target of the investigation.

Hatton declined to comment on which federal agencies are part of the investigation, while sources who spoke on condition of anonymity said the IRS and FBI have been involved.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers   Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty5/24/2011, 6:01 pm

Feds investigating Lake County cops
Quote :
CROWN POINT — Six Lake County police officers were stripped of their law enforcement powers and suspended from duty Tuesday as federal officials delivered subpoenas to the office.

Three potential targets of the investigation held top spots under former Lake County Sheriff Roy Dominguez who did not return a message left on his cell phone by the Post-Tribune Tuesday.

Capt. Marco Kuyachich, Lt. Michael Reilly, Sgt. Joe Kumstar and Patrolmen Edward Kabella, Scott Shelhart and Ronald Slusser are on administrative leave pending action by the police merit board, Sheriff John Buncich said.

“Nobody tarnishes the badge,” Buncich said. “I won’t tolerate it.”

The federal investigation is focused on the alleged sale of county-owned property, including weapons purchased or confiscated by county police, to private parties, sources said.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers   Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty5/25/2011, 3:53 am

talk about your irony here. seems a tad more important then an alleged ditchweed plant growing in a private citizens backyard, yet what do ya want to bet this stoy gets buried in the coming days?

marco. former favorite son of the former sherriff...who used to regularly say over airwaves paid for with public money how much he valued marco and supported him..just one step away in the hierarcyhy of the dept from the former sheriff accused of selling weapons?

if thats true this may be the biggest corruption scandal of all to have hit lake county. were potentially taking about lives lost because of such actions.

long way to go to beat the 23 front page stories and 47 total that the mailman got out of the times. let the pennance for the times start now.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers   Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty5/25/2011, 4:33 am

This is the same scam that the former fire chief from Hobart is being investigated for. I believe that in the last session of the legislature, a law was passed to stop public officials convicted of stealing public funds from receiving their pensions. That would hurt.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers   Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty9/26/2011, 11:42 am

Thought I'd bump this up, right on top of Artie's proof. Cool He brought this up months ago.

Read in an Indiana newspaper downstate, the investigation is heading into other areas.

Like someone stated about those in Congress: a bunch of greedy bas-tardos in empty suits.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers   Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty10/21/2011, 3:47 am

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/8326781-537/fbi-and-hud-investigating-former-gha-vendor.html

FBI and HUD investigating former GHA vendor

All I have ever read about in Gary since I started reading the news blogs 7 years ago is the same old: PUBLIC OFFICIALS in GARY, IN stealing, stealing and stealing.

It's just an ever-growing abuse of public trust, which is a FEDERAL Crime. When do the FEDS quit looking?

It's gotten so bad I don't know how Gary residents can trust even a REVEREND to be honest.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers   Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty10/21/2011, 3:53 am

Let this thread be an on-going report on who is getting investigated by the FEDS.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers   Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty2/6/2012, 8:31 pm

if marco is talking as kiesling reported today, then the logical conclusion is dominguez is now a target of the investigation. if so hed have recieved or will be recieving a certified letter from the federal prosecutors saying so.

and if that happens and he continues to run for commissioner and denies being a target of investigation....but later after the election it turns out he was lying what are voters suppossed to say? oops?

i hope the feds recognize the clock is ticking on the primary election and will speed events along so voters arent left without such knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers   Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty2/7/2012, 8:09 am

the oracle wrote:
if marco is talking as kiesling reported today, then the logical conclusion is dominguez is now a target of the investigation. if so hed have recieved or will be recieving a certified letter from the federal prosecutors saying so.
Every time I hear that commercial 'What's Roy Dominguez Doing Now"? I say to myself....Preparing to be indicted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers   Feds investigating Lake County Sheriff's officers Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1