Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Accidental Racist

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/13/2013, 1:05 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Nah, nobody made the claim there is "widespread racism" in this country.
Good.
Glad to see that we agree.

edge540 wrote:
Nah, it doesn't take an expert or PhD to identify bigotry and racism that still exists in this country

edge540 wrote:
When you talk in circles you can't help it, right?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/13/2013, 2:57 pm

Yep, you can always prove you're not racist by wearing a rebel flag shirt, and a George Wallace button.

CPAC's 'Trump the Race Card' Panel Derailed by Actual Segregationist

Mar 15, 2013

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — A panel about how conservatives can fight back when liberals call them racists descended into shouting when an actual segregationist joined a CPAC event titled "Trump the Race Card: Are You Sick and Tired of Being Called a Racist and You Know You're Not One?" We're not making any of this up. Led by K. C. Smith and KCarl Smith, two brothers from Birmingham who are black and who call themselves "Frederick Douglass Republicans," the discussion began with their argument that the Republican Party can reach out to blacks, women, Latinos, when it starts talking about the constitutional principles Douglass espoused when he campaigned for Abe Lincoln. It was southern Democrats, after all, who fought for slavery and created Jim Crow laws. The first jeers began when a black woman, who initially did not give her name, said the idea that liberals are the true racists is ridiculous because so many Southern Democrats defected to the Republican Party. But the madness started when Scott Terry, one of the 23 members of the White Students Union at Towson University in Maryland attending CPAC, raised his hand and suggested the GOP might do better as "Booker T. Washington Republicans" — "united like the hand, but separate like the fingers." ThinkProgress has some video of the exchange.

When the crowd realized what Terry was suggesting, there were wide-eyed looks around the room, including from me. I was sitting two seats down from him, next to Matthew Heimbach, president of the Towson White Students Union. Heimbach, at right, was wearing a rebel flag shirt, a George Wallace button, and beat-up black boots. I was sitting next to Heimbach, because when I got to "Trump the Race Card," there were no seats left. Heimbach was saving two, as his friends were in the bathroom, but another man gruffly said saving seats was not allowed, and pushed the chair toward me. I am very grateful to this man.

Accidental Racist - Page 2 Matthewheimbach

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/03/cpacs-trump-race-card-panel-derailed-actual-segregationist/63173/
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/13/2013, 4:26 pm

edge540 wrote:
Yep, you can always prove you're not racist by wearing a rebel flag shirt, and a George Wallace button.

CPAC's 'Trump the Race Card' Panel Derailed by Actual Segregationist

Mar 15, 2013

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — A panel about how conservatives can fight back when liberals call them racists descended into shouting when an actual segregationist joined a CPAC event titled "Trump the Race Card: Are You Sick and Tired of Being Called a Racist and You Know You're Not One?" We're not making any of this up. Led by K. C. Smith and KCarl Smith, two brothers from Birmingham who are black and who call themselves "Frederick Douglass Republicans," the discussion began with their argument that the Republican Party can reach out to blacks, women, Latinos, when it starts talking about the constitutional principles Douglass espoused when he campaigned for Abe Lincoln. It was southern Democrats, after all, who fought for slavery and created Jim Crow laws. The first jeers began when a black woman, who initially did not give her name, said the idea that liberals are the true racists is ridiculous because so many Southern Democrats defected to the Republican Party. But the madness started when Scott Terry, one of the 23 members of the White Students Union at Towson University in Maryland attending CPAC, raised his hand and suggested the GOP might do better as "Booker T. Washington Republicans" — "united like the hand, but separate like the fingers." ThinkProgress has some video of the exchange.

When the crowd realized what Terry was suggesting, there were wide-eyed looks around the room, including from me. I was sitting two seats down from him, next to Matthew Heimbach, president of the Towson White Students Union. Heimbach, at right, was wearing a rebel flag shirt, a George Wallace button, and beat-up black boots. I was sitting next to Heimbach, because when I got to "Trump the Race Card," there were no seats left. Heimbach was saving two, as his friends were in the bathroom, but another man gruffly said saving seats was not allowed, and pushed the chair toward me. I am very grateful to this man.

Accidental Racist - Page 2 Matthewheimbach

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/03/cpacs-trump-race-card-panel-derailed-actual-segregationist/63173/

Not sure what point you're trying to make with this. Can you clarify?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/13/2013, 4:47 pm

WTF, do I really have to explain?
I'm pointing out how republicans are not racist, jack.

"Why Can't We Have Segregation!" Towson University Student Defends Slavery At CPAC Event! (VIDEO)

Posted March 18, 2013 by Christina Coleman for Global Grind StaffAccidental Racist - Page 2 817-grey Accidental Racist - Page 2 News;pt=article;ar_id=851130;pos=TOP;sz=540x100;tile=1;ord=123456789? Advertisement

There's always one who wants to argue slavery was good for black people.
LIST: Go Home Republicans, You're Drunk! 5 "WTF" Things Overheard At CPAC
This weekend, during a Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC) event, a Towson University student who is a member of the White Student Union defended slavery and advocated for racial segregation.
Scott Terry, 30, said the comments after asking whether Republicans could endorse races remaining separate but equal. The presenter, K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans, replied by telling the story of Douglass writing a letter to forgive his former slave master.
What Terry said next was met with audible gasps, but mostly cheers from the crowd.

“For what? For feeding him and housing him?”
Several people in the audience cheered and applauded Terry’s outburst.
Terry then mumbled this:
"Why can’t we just have segregation?”
ThinkProgress spoke to Terry, who was decked out in a Rick Santorum sticker and attended CPAC with a friend who wore a Confederate Flag-emblazoned t-shirt. He explained how he feels white people have been “systematically disenfranchised” by federal legislation.
When asked by ThinkProgress if he’d accept a society where African-Americans were permanently subservient to whites, he said “I’d be fine with that.” He also claimed that African-Americans “should be allowed to vote in Africa,” and that “all the Tea Parties” were concerned with the same racial problems that he was.
At one point, a woman challenged him on the Republican Party’s roots, to which Terry responded, “I didn’t know the legacy of the Republican Party included women correcting men in public.”
VIDEOS: NOT OKAY! Soccer Player Celebrates Goal With The Nazi Symbol
He also claimed to be a direct descendent of Confederate President Jefferson Davis.
Damn. Wouldn't be surprised if dude became the new mascot for the GOP!

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/towson-university-student-defends-slavery-segregation-cpac-event-video#ixzz2QNlTwBKl

All this didn't go over your head, did it?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/13/2013, 8:52 pm

edge540 wrote:
WTF, do I really have to explain?
I'm pointing out how republicans are not racist, jack.

"Why Can't We Have Segregation!" Towson University Student Defends Slavery At CPAC Event! (VIDEO)

Members of the White Student Union showed up at the rally. It doesn't appear to me that they were exactly warmly embraced by the moderator.

Afterward, I talked to Heimbach, who was very cheery and clearly enjoying being a troll.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/13/2013, 9:52 pm

happy jack wrote:

Members of the White Student Union showed up at the rally. It doesn't appear to me that they were exactly warmly embraced by the moderator.

Looks like they were warmly embraced by the people in the audience.

Quote :
The presenter, K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans, replied by telling the story of Douglass writing a letter to forgive his former slave master.
What Terry said next was met with audible gasps, but mostly cheers from the crowd.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/14/2013, 12:52 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Looks like they were warmly embraced by the people in the audience.

Quote :
The presenter, K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans, replied by telling the story of Douglass writing a letter to forgive his former slave master.

These two claims were nearly next to each other within the same paragraph. Which one is accurate?

.... mostly cheers from the crowd.

Several people in the audience cheered and applauded Terry’s outburst.

Looks as if your 'eyewitness' is having trouble keeping his story straight. Are you sure he was even there?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/15/2013, 8:22 am

More proof that republicans are clearly_clearly, not racist.

Georgia’s Republican governor won’t endorse town’s first racially integrated prom

By David Ferguson
Friday, April 12, 2013

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal (R) has refused through a spokesperson to endorse one town’s first-ever integrated high school prom, saying that he would rather not take sides on the issue. According to Atlanta’s WMAZ Channel 13, politicians from both parties have stated their support for black and white students from Wilcox, Georgia, but Deal declined to join them.

Raw Story spoke to activist Bryan Long of the progressive group Better Georgia, whose group has asked Georgia elected officials “to publicly support the students of Wilcox County who are fighting to end a ‘separate-but-equal’ high school prom.”

“We thought it would be nice if our elected officials would support these students,” said Long. “They’re taking a great stand in their community. We thought that officials all across the state should send a message to the nation that we’ve moved beyond the racial divisions of the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s.”

He added, “We were surprised to read that the governor’s spokesperson said that he wouldn’t be ‘taking sides’ on this issue. I didn’t know that there were sides to take.”

Deal spokesperson Brian Robinson told WMAZ on Thursday that Deal is refusing to endorse the integrated prom because of Better Georgia’s bipartisan initiative.

“This is a leftist front group for the state Democratic party and we’re not going to lend a hand to their silly publicity stunt,” wrote Robinson.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/15/2013, 5:22 pm

edge540 wrote:

Georgia’s Republican governor won’t endorse town’s first racially integrated prom

Deal spokesperson Brian Robinson told WMAZ on Thursday that Deal is refusing to endorse the integrated prom because of Better Georgia’s bipartisan initiative.

“This is a leftist front group for the state Democratic party and we’re not going to lend a hand to their silly publicity stunt,” wrote Robinson.

I fully understand why someone would refuse to engage with a group whose preconceptions are out there for all to see. The mission statement of the group clearly states….

http://bettergeorgia.com/about-better-georgia/

Highlight failed conservative polices and the ethical failures within government

…. the group is affiliated with another group ….

Better Georgia is a ProgressNow affiliate.

http://www.progressnow.org/

…. part of whose mission statement is ….

Help us fight conservative extremists

So, yeah, I can understand why the governor wouldn’t want to deal with these flippin’ dildoes.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/16/2013, 8:18 am

The governor was not asked to engage or deal with any group, he was asked to support and endorse a racially integrated prom. Other republicans in Georgia had no problem doing this. Given his track record and past history it is obviously clear that Nathan Deal is nothing more than an ignorant racist dick.
Quote :
Republicans spend a lot of energy explaining that they are not racists, and if
you dare call them a racist based on their racist policies/comments, then they
will gleefully accuse you “playing the race card” as if that exempts them from
what they are doing. Here to exemplify this right wing cognitive dissonance in
action is Georgia’s Republican Governor Nathan Deal, who yesterday made
headlines by refusing to condemn “whites only” proms.
If your party is trying to rebrand itself as not racist, it’s probably best that you don’t suggest that anyone supporting ending the tradition of ‘whites only’ proms in Georgia is a ‘leftist’, and use that as justification for not condemning the practice.
Here’s a compilation of Nathan Deal quotes:

http://www.politicususa.com/republican-gov-helps-rebrand-ghetto-grandmothers-obamas-birth-certificate.html
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/16/2013, 9:35 am

edge540 wrote:
The governor was not asked to engage or deal with any group, he was asked to support and endorse a racially integrated prom. Other republicans in Georgia had no problem doing this. Given his track record and past history it is obviously clear that Nathan Deal is nothing more than an ignorant racist dick.
Quote :
Republicans spend a lot of energy explaining that they are not racists, and if
you dare call them a racist based on their racist policies/comments, then they
will gleefully accuse you “playing the race card” as if that exempts them from
what they are doing. Here to exemplify this right wing cognitive dissonance in
action is Georgia’s Republican Governor Nathan Deal, who yesterday made
headlines by refusing to condemn “whites only” proms.
If your party is trying to rebrand itself as not racist, it’s probably best that you don’t suggest that anyone supporting ending the tradition of ‘whites only’ proms in Georgia is a ‘leftist’, and use that as justification for not condemning the practice.
Here’s a compilation of Nathan Deal quotes:

http://www.politicususa.com/republican-gov-helps-rebrand-ghetto-grandmothers-obamas-birth-certificate.html

This is the only thing I could find in your article wherein Deal even mentions race, and I'm failing to see what is racist about it.

Nathan Deal being accused of racism for firing five black members of the Dekalb county school board (five of six fired board members were black, two of the three remaining who were not fired were white). After the NAACP questioned Deal on this, on March 12, Deal challenged them to go ”find some good Black people to run”
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/17/2013, 12:50 pm

Paul Says He Is Considering 2016 Presidential Bid

ABC

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, popular with conservatives and libertarians in the GOP, said Wednesday he is considering a presidential campaign in 2016 but will not make a decision before next year.

Paul said at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor that he wants to be part of the national debate and said that remaining open to a presidential bid would give him a broad audience on a number of policy issues.
"I want to be part of the national debate. Whether I run or not, being considered is something that allows me to have, I think, a larger microphone," Paul said. He added: "We're considering it. We won't make a decision before 2014."
Paul has already announced plans to travel to some of the early voting states this year. He will headline the Iowa Republican Party's Lincoln Day Dinner on May 10 and deliver the keynote address at the New Hampshire Republican Party's first Liberty Dinner on May 20. Paul said he intended to travel to South Carolina this summer.
Paul has established himself as a favorite of the tea party movement and delivered a tea party response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union address earlier this year. He won a symbolic presidential preference poll of conservative activists in March and spoke at Howard University earlier this month, arguing that Republicans need to appeal to black voters and other minorities.
Paul is the son of former Texas Rep. Ron Paul, a libertarian Republican who sought the presidency in 1988, 2008 and 2012.

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty4/17/2013, 3:03 pm

edge540 wrote:
Paul Says He Is Considering 2016 Presidential Bid

ABC

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, popular with conservatives and libertarians in the GOP, said Wednesday he is considering a presidential campaign in 2016 but will not make a decision before next year.

Paul said at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor that he wants to be part of the national debate and said that remaining open to a presidential bid would give him a broad audience on a number of policy issues.
"I want to be part of the national debate. Whether I run or not, being considered is something that allows me to have, I think, a larger microphone," Paul said. He added: "We're considering it. We won't make a decision before 2014."
Paul has already announced plans to travel to some of the early voting states this year. He will headline the Iowa Republican Party's Lincoln Day Dinner on May 10 and deliver the keynote address at the New Hampshire Republican Party's first Liberty Dinner on May 20. Paul said he intended to travel to South Carolina this summer.
Who does he think he's fooling? He's been positioning himself to run for months.
Quote :
Paul has established himself as a favorite of the tea party movement and delivered a tea party response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union address earlier this year. He won a symbolic presidential preference poll of conservative activists in March and spoke at Howard University earlier this month, arguing that Republicans need to appeal to black voters and other minorities.
The appearance at Howard U was a cheap photo-op designed to make it look like he's reaching out.

edge540 wrote:
Excellent!
Indeed! When the establishment R's pull out the long knives I wouldn't be surprised to see Paul run as a 3rd party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Racist   Accidental Racist - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Accidental Racist
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2