Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gun Control

Go down 
+4
Heretic
KarenT
Artie60438
sparks
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Gun Control - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/5/2013, 1:57 pm

edge540 wrote:
Just curious, what do you do with a 6 or 7 year old at a gun range?

Explain to them how a gun works, teach them proper gun safety and handling, and let them shoot at bowling pins, reaction targets, and paper targets.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/5/2013, 2:04 pm

Thanks, what kind of gun?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/5/2013, 4:06 pm

edge540 wrote:
Thanks, what kind of gun?

I started them off with a .38 revolver using the lightest loads I could find, but it was a little too much for them at that age. Not long after, I bought a .22 revolver, which was much easier and more fun for them (and me) to shoot, not to mention a hell of a lot cheaper for ammunition. As they got a little older, they started using the .38 again, and a 9mm, but they still like to shoot the .22.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/5/2013, 8:20 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
Rifle used by Ky. boy in sister's death made for kids

Quote :
A 5-year-old boy who shot and killed his 2-year-old sister Tuesday near Burkesville, Ky., used a special, child-sized rifle he got in November for his birthday.

The fatal shell was fired from a Crickett — "a rifle for a little kid," said Cumberland County Coroner Gary White.

. . .

The .22-caliber weapon is marketed as "My First Rifle" by Milton, Pa.-based Keystone Sporting Arms LLC, and comes in colors including blue and pink.

On its website, the company offers a "Kids Corner" with pictures of young boys and girls, and testimonials from parents, including one who says the rifles are "just the right size for my 5- and 7-year-olds. They are awesome and we couldn't be happier."

I miss the good ole days when Power Rangers were considered too violent and dangerous for children.

Do you have a problem with children being taught to hunt or target-shoot at such a young age?

I sure as hell do... the whole idea is fucking absurd.

Why?

Oh, I don't know. I just don't think that a fucking firearm is an appropriate gift for a 5 year old.
Perhaps deep inside the festering imagination of the gun nut he feels that Sandyhook could have been prevented if only 5 yr olds had been armed. After all, 5,6,or 7 year olds have such great judgement at those ages Rolling Eyes Gun Control - Page 27 Sarcasm
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/5/2013, 10:27 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
Rifle used by Ky. boy in sister's death made for kids

Quote :
A 5-year-old boy who shot and killed his 2-year-old sister Tuesday near Burkesville, Ky., used a special, child-sized rifle he got in November for his birthday.

The fatal shell was fired from a Crickett — "a rifle for a little kid," said Cumberland County Coroner Gary White.

. . .

The .22-caliber weapon is marketed as "My First Rifle" by Milton, Pa.-based Keystone Sporting Arms LLC, and comes in colors including blue and pink.

On its website, the company offers a "Kids Corner" with pictures of young boys and girls, and testimonials from parents, including one who says the rifles are "just the right size for my 5- and 7-year-olds. They are awesome and we couldn't be happier."

I miss the good ole days when Power Rangers were considered too violent and dangerous for children.

Do you have a problem with children being taught to hunt or target-shoot at such a young age?

I sure as hell do... the whole idea is fucking absurd.

Why?

Oh, I don't know. I just don't think that a fucking firearm is an appropriate gift for a 5 year old.
Perhaps deep inside the festering imagination of the gun nut he feels that Sandyhook could have been prevented if only 5 yr olds had been armed. After all, 5,6,or 7 year olds have such great judgement at those ages Rolling Eyes Gun Control - Page 27 Sarcasm

You have demonstrated over and over again that you do not know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to guns. Just a suggestion - you might want to refrain from commenting on the topic until you have figured out how to stop making a fool of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/6/2013, 9:01 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]You have demonstrated over and over again that you do not know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to guns. Just a suggestion - you might want to refrain from commenting on the topic until you have figured out how to stop making a fool of yourself.[/quote]
Pointing out that 5,6,and 7 yr olds usually don't possess good judgment makes me a fool? Here's what I do know,Mr Right to life....
Quote :
The big picture:

Every year in the U.S., an average of more than 100,000 people are shot, according to The Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence.
Every day in the U.S., an average of 289 people are shot. Eighty-six of them die: 30 are murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die accidentally, and one is shot in a police intervention, the Brady Campaign reports.
Between 2000 and 2010, a total of 335,609 people died from guns -- more than the population of St. Louis, Mo. (318,069), Pittsburgh (307,484), Cincinnati, Ohio (296,223), Newark, N.J. (277,540), and Orlando, Fla. (243,195) (sources: CDF, U.S. Census; CDC)
One person is killed by a firearm every 17 minutes, 87 people are killed during an average day, and 609 are killed every week. (source: CDC)

Homicides by weapon:

Handguns comprised 72.5 percent of the firearms used in murder and non-negligent manslaughter incidents in 2011; 4.1 percent were with shotguns; 3.8 percent were with rifles; 18.5 percent were with unspecified firearms.
13.3 percent of homicides were done with knives or other cutting instruments.
5.8 percent of homicides were from the use of hands, fists, feet, etc. (source: FBI)

Guns and kids:

82 children under five years old died from firearms in 2010 compared with 58 law enforcement officers killed by firearms in the line of duty (sources: CDF, CDC, FBI)
More kids ages 0-19 died from firearms every three days in 2010 than died in the 2012 Newtown, Conn., massacre (source:CDF, CDC)
Nearly three times more kids (15,576) were injured by firearms in 2010 than the number of U.S. soldiers (5,247) wounded in action that year in the war in Afghanistan (source: CDF, CDC, Department of Defense)
Half of all juveniles murdered in 2010 were killed with a firearm (source: Office of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention)
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/16547690-just-the-facts-gun-violence-in-america?lite
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/6/2013, 9:07 am

happy jack wrote:

You have demonstrated over and over again that you do not know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to guns. Just a suggestion - you might want to refrain from commenting on the topic until you have figured out how to stop making a fool of yourself.
Pointing out that 5,6,and 7 yr olds usually don't possess good judgment makes me a fool? Here's what I do know,Mr Right to life....
Quote :
The big picture:

Every year in the U.S., an average of more than 100,000 people are shot, according to The Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence.
Every day in the U.S., an average of 289 people are shot. Eighty-six of them die: 30 are murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die accidentally, and one is shot in a police intervention, the Brady Campaign reports.
Between 2000 and 2010, a total of 335,609 people died from guns -- more than the population of St. Louis, Mo. (318,069), Pittsburgh (307,484), Cincinnati, Ohio (296,223), Newark, N.J. (277,540), and Orlando, Fla. (243,195) (sources: CDF, U.S. Census; CDC)
One person is killed by a firearm every 17 minutes, 87 people are killed during an average day, and 609 are killed every week. (source: CDC)

Homicides by weapon:

Handguns comprised 72.5 percent of the firearms used in murder and non-negligent manslaughter incidents in 2011; 4.1 percent were with shotguns; 3.8 percent were with rifles; 18.5 percent were with unspecified firearms.
5.8 percent of homicides were from the use of hands, fists, feet, etc. (source: FBI)

Guns and kids:

82 children under five years old died from firearms in 2010 compared with 58 law enforcement officers killed by firearms in the line of duty (sources: CDF, CDC, FBI)
More kids ages 0-19 died from firearms every three days in 2010 than died in the 2012 Newtown, Conn., massacre (source:CDF, CDC)
Nearly three times more kids (15,576) were injured by firearms in 2010 than the number of U.S. soldiers (5,247) wounded in action that year in the war in Afghanistan (source: CDF, CDC, Department of Defense)
Half of all juveniles murdered in 2010 were killed with a firearm (source: Office of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention)

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/16547690-just-the-facts-gun-violence-in-america?lite
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/6/2013, 11:28 am

I'm not sure what is more hilarious, this awesome video or Rick Perry's awesome debate performance.
Move over Cordell Walker, we have a new super hero in Texas.

Gun Control - Page 27 Rick-perry-levels-targets-with-an-ar-15-1-13008-1367615080-32_big

Rick Perry's NRA Intro Video Needs To Be Seen To Be Believed

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/03/rick-perry-nra-intro-video_n_3211010.html?utm_hp_ref=politics
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/6/2013, 2:24 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]You have demonstrated over and over again that you do not know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to guns. Just a suggestion - you might want to refrain from commenting on the topic until you have figured out how to stop making a fool of yourself.
Quote :
The big picture:

Homicides by weapon:

Guns and kids:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/16547690-just-the-facts-gun-violence-in-america?lite[/quote]

Among all of your pretty numbers, how many of them include 5, 6, and 7 year-olds using poor judgment and being the actual shooters?
But more to the point, how many of those numbers include 5, 6, and 7 year-olds using poor judgment and shooting someone while undergoing safety training at a gun range?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/6/2013, 3:04 pm

This is not a 6 or 7 year old but an 8 year old who was given an Uzi to shoot at a gun show. Pretty sure somebody here had some poor judgment. Is it the 8 year old kid or the gun worshiping moron adults?

Quote :
Dad Can't Watch As Court Plays His Video of Son's Uzi Tragedy

By MARY PLUMMER

Jan. 6, 2011

A Massachusetts doctor closed his eyes today when a court played a video that he filmed of his 8-year-old son shooting a powerful Uzi submachine gun that recoiled and shot the boy in the head, killing him.

The mother of 8-year-old Christopher Bizilj left the room in tears.

The 2008 tragedy occurred in Massachusetts when Christopher was handed a 9mm Micro Uzi submachine gun to fire during a gun expo he attended with his family. Former Pelham police chief Edward Fleury, who organized the event, is on trial for involuntary manslaughter. He has pleaded not guilty.

The nightmarish scene had been videotaped by the boy's father, Dr. Charles Bizilj, of Ashford, Conn., who was on the stand when the video was played. He closed his eyes as the video as shown.

People in the courtroom gasped as the shots rang out, clearly showing the moment when the boy starts to fire, but is unable to handle the gun's strong recoil. The automatic weapon keeps firing as the gun barrel rears up and shoots Christopher in the right side of the head.

The father testified earlier that he was videotaping his son firing the gun when the boy disappeared from the viewfinder.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/6/2013, 3:12 pm

happy jack wrote:

Among all of your pretty numbers, how many of them include 5, 6, and 7 year-olds using poor judgment and being the actual shooters?
I don't know but what does that have to do with it? Just how many tragic unnecessary, deaths of children are you OK with?
Quote :
But more to the point, how many of those numbers include 5, 6, and 7 year-olds using poor judgment and shooting someone while undergoing safety training at a gun range?
Again,I don't know. But I'd bet anything that the father,just like you probably do, thought their child would never kill someone. Anywhere there are guns around the possibility of getting shot and maybe killed is a possibility.

Fun fact about guns....people that don't keep them in their homes never end up shooting each other accidentally.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/6/2013, 3:14 pm

More fun with shootin' guns
Boys and girls please note that some of this happens at gun ranges where proper gun safety and handling is taught.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/6/2013, 5:22 pm

More proof conservative, gun worshiping republicans are not racist assholes.

Zombie Industries Sells “Bleeding Obama” at NRA Convention

By Taylor Marsh on May 5, 2013

Gun Control - Page 27 RockyZombieZombie Industries sold the “Bleeding Obama” at NRA convention, though NRA banned it from being displayed. [Photo: Zombie Industries]
“Someone from the NRA came by and asked us to remove it” a Zombie Industries booth worker told BuzzFeed in hushed tones. “They thought it looked too much like President Obama.” When asked if the Obama likeness was intentional the worker said, “Let’s just say I gave my Republican father one for Christmas.” [Buzzfeed]
BUZZFEED has the full list of NRA targets, with “Rocky Zombie” from Zombie Industries not a subtle likeness to President Obama. When you shoot “Rocky Zombie,” he bleeds. Nothing quite depicts the NRA at its fundamental core like what’s being exhibited at the national convention.
The NRA banned the displaying of the “bleeding Obama” target by Zombie Industries, but you could still buy it. According to Buzzfeed, the Obama likeness has been on display for two days, but was notably absent on Sunday.
In case anyone doesn’t get the connection, the description has political inferences that make no mistake what’s going on.
The description of the product on the company website includes subtle references of a political nature:
“A fighter from Detroit, Rocky got his nickname because of the odd shape of his face after a few matches left him a bit rutted in the head… Be warned, Rocky is HIGHLY dangerous due to his quick wit and strength… he was last seen screaming something like, “Zombie Industries believes in America!” And that we do.”
Mitt Romney’s campaign slogan was during the 2012 election campaign was, “Believe In America.”

The NRA has no conscience, no soul.
If this isn’t enough, Zombie Industries also proudly sells “The Ex,” a woman zombie, with multiple hair color choices to match a man’s ex, that will also bleed when you shoot her.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/6/2013, 9:04 pm

edge540 wrote:
This is not a 6 or 7 year old but an 8 year old who was given an Uzi to shoot at a gun show. Pretty sure somebody here had some poor judgment. Is it the 8 year old kid or the gun worshiping moron adults?

Quote :
Dad Can't Watch As Court Plays His Video of Son's Uzi Tragedy

By MARY PLUMMER

Jan. 6, 2011

A Massachusetts doctor closed his eyes today when a court played a video that he filmed of his 8-year-old son shooting a powerful Uzi submachine gun that recoiled and shot the boy in the head, killing him.

The mother of 8-year-old Christopher Bizilj left the room in tears.

The 2008 tragedy occurred in Massachusetts when Christopher was handed a 9mm Micro Uzi submachine gun to fire during a gun expo he attended with his family. Former Pelham police chief Edward Fleury, who organized the event, is on trial for involuntary manslaughter. He has pleaded not guilty.

The nightmarish scene had been videotaped by the boy's father, Dr. Charles Bizilj, of Ashford, Conn., who was on the stand when the video was played. He closed his eyes as the video as shown.

People in the courtroom gasped as the shots rang out, clearly showing the moment when the boy starts to fire, but is unable to handle the gun's strong recoil. The automatic weapon keeps firing as the gun barrel rears up and shoots Christopher in the right side of the head.

The father testified earlier that he was videotaping his son firing the gun when the boy disappeared from the viewfinder.
It gets even better,Edge...
Boy, 8, accidentally kills self at gun show
Quote :
Child was firing an Uzi submachine gun under adult supervision at fair

Police said the boy, Christopher Bizilj of Ashford, Conn., was with a certified instructor and called the death a “self-inflicted accidental shooting.”

As the boy fired the Uzi, "the front end of the weapon went up with the backfire and he ended up receiving a round in his head," police Lt. Hipolito Nunez said. The boy died at a hospital.

The boy's father and older brother were also there at the time, a gun club member and school official said.
Quote :
Francis Mitchell, a longtime member and trustee of the club, said he was told the boy's father was supporting his son from behind when the shooting happened.

Although the death appeared to be an accident, officials were investigating.

It is legal in Massachusetts for children to fire a weapon if they have permission from a parent or legal guardian and are supervised by a properly certified and licensed instructor, Lt. Hipolito Nunez said. The name of the instructor helping the boy was not released.
So you have not only the Dad with the child,but also a certified instructor,and the child still ended up getting killed. Paying attention,Jacko?

I wonder if they're still using their ad..
Quote :
"It's all legal & fun — No permits or licenses required!!!!" reads the ad, posted on the club's Web site.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/6/2013, 10:37 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Paying attention,Jacko?

Oh, yes – I’m paying very close attention.
And I’m finding rather disturbing the idea that you take such pleasure in the death of an 8 year-old:

Artie60438 wrote:

Boy, 8, accidentally kills self at gun show.

Yayyyy!!!!

It “gets even better”?
You have a very, shall we say, .... interesting.... take on the death of an 8 year-old.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/7/2013, 7:47 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Paying attention,Jacko?

Oh, yes – I’m paying very close attention.
And I’m finding rather disturbing the idea that you take such pleasure in the death of an 8 year-old:

Artie60438 wrote:

Boy, 8, accidentally kills self at gun show.

Yayyyy!!!!

It “gets even better”?
You have a very, shall we say, .... interesting.... take on the death of an 8 year-old.
My my....Once again my sentiment went right over your head. Shocked As you well know,I enjoy making a fool out of you. What "gets better" is that,as usual,another one of your idiotic talking points went up in smoke. Laughing

Oh,and what's even "better yet" is that instead of addressing the fact that no child can be 100% safe when guns are in close proximity,you chose to ignore it. :bball: Carry on,Jacko!

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/7/2013, 2:57 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Oh,and what's even "better yet" is that instead of addressing the fact that no child can be 100% safe when guns are in close proximity,you chose to ignore it. :bball: Carry on,Jacko!

Name me an everyday situation in which any child is 100% safe.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/7/2013, 3:44 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]Name me an everyday situation in which any child is 100% safe.
Move along,Straw man Sleep
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/7/2013, 8:07 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]Name me an everyday situation in which any child is 100% safe.
Move along,Straw man Sleep

Dodge the question, little man.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/7/2013, 10:32 pm

happy jack wrote:

Irrelevant (and disingenuous), given the obvious - Not all risk is equal.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/7/2013, 11:20 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Bullshit.
It's an entirely fair question, seeing as how it was directed at the poster who introduced the “100% safe” concept.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/8/2013, 9:46 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Yep. Just another pathetic attempt of his to start an endless circle jerk.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/8/2013, 9:52 am

happy jack wrote:
Bullshit.
It's an entirely fair question, seeing as how it was directed at the poster who introduced the “100% safe” concept.

Fair enough. But though it may have been poorly worded, his point is accurate - an increased risk of injury or death associated with firearms, accidental and not, does exist.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/8/2013, 3:39 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Yep. Just another pathetic attempt of his to start an endless circle jerk.

Do you suggest that we eliminate all activities that involve risk?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty5/8/2013, 6:49 pm

happy jack wrote:

Do you suggest that we eliminate all activities that involve risk?

I guess you still don't quite grasp what a straw man argument is...

Quote :
Straw Man argument

An argument similar to reductio ad absurdum often seen in polemical debate is the straw man logical fallacy. A straw man argument attempts to refute a given proposition by showing that a slightly different or inaccurate form of the proposition (the "straw man") is absurd or ridiculous, relying on the audience not to notice that the argument does not actually apply to the original proposition. For example:

Politician A: "We should not serve schoolchildren sugary desserts with lunch and further worsen the obesity epidemic by doing so."
Politician B: "What, do you want our children to starve?"

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Control
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next