Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty
PostSubject: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/17/2009, 1:26 am

Why I'm ticked? My friend had a perfectly docile kitty sitting on her front porch and some bitch next door called animal control to pick it up while she was at work. No reason to call. This cat was no problem. Very friendly.

She would have taken it inside but for owning dogs. She was trying to place it in a good home but just hadn't found someone yet.

I have given the woman 10 days to move or I unleash hell fire on her. If she doesn't move I'm beating the crap out of her! I hope she never sees straight again. But I digress.

Hammond has a perfectly stupid law that ANY cat found outside is a candidate for termination. Try to reclaim the poor thing and they demand too much money, too many hurdles and put you through more background screening than anyone needs to be bothered with just to take in a pet.

But why do we even have a city owned animal control in the 1st place? Let's save money, turn it over to the county and see if we can find homes for good animals (seeing as Roy Domingas ordered a no-kill policy) that got caught in a bind instead of just killing them because there's just no more room at the inn, shall we?

Now I know there's plenty of strays around better all around being better off put to sleep for everyone's sake. Granted. But that fate is unjust for well behaved animals and especially in this case. In this instance to say I'm furious is an understatement. And as I say Hammond's Animal Control is a waste of redundant money anyway. It's not like the folks running it haven't been parties to polical cronieism, ya know? I could name names and tell truths. Perhaps I shall! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/17/2009, 7:13 am

Over 20 years ago, my cat Sylvester was in my BACK YARD, which was partially fenced in. He was laying on my picnic table, sunning himself, when Animal Control walked into my BACKYARD, and took him. I had to pay a fine to get him back. Sylvester DID have his shots. He was a house cat who liked to lay out in my yard occasionally, and get some sun. Like in the case you mentioned, Mirage, I had a nosy neighbor a few doors down who HATED CATS, who had called up Animal Control. If this is thier cat policy, this absolutely sucks.

On the other hand, when I have had a problem with stray dogs around here, and when we have been attacked by loose dogs, they have responded quickly, and efficiently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/17/2009, 9:37 am

That's the catch 22. We need someone to actually do the job of rounding up problem strays from dogs to cats to whatever. Granted. And you can blame our whacky city council, I'm sure, for passing such a perfectly stupid all encompassing law yet again because they are clearly too damned stupid to see that a cat in your own fenced yard is no threat to anyone with a right to be in your yard.

That said let's turn the thing over to the county and just enforce the county laws from now on. Not really a difference between this and the Hammond Health Department, so let's be consistent here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/17/2009, 10:42 am

Mirage wrote:
That's the catch 22. We need someone to actually do the job of rounding up problem strays from dogs to cats to whatever. Granted. And you can blame our whacky city council, I'm sure, for passing such a perfectly stupid all encompassing law yet again because they are clearly too damned stupid to see that a cat in your own fenced yard is no threat to anyone with a right to be in your yard.

That said let's turn the thing over to the county and just enforce the county laws from now on. Not really a difference between this and the Hammond Health Department, so let's be consistent here.

Good idea. Why not? The mayor wants the Clerks Office and the Court to go, which, BTW, generate revenue for the city, and he also got rid of the Health Department, so why keep Animal Control???
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/17/2009, 12:58 pm

Why can't cats be outside in your own yard?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/17/2009, 8:11 pm

Salt the front yard.
Order a subscription to an offensive magazine for them.
Turn on an outside faucet at 11 pm
grease the door handles.
Don't forget the 1/4 stick in their yard every morning at 3:30.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/17/2009, 8:12 pm

forgot about the dog poo in the gutters.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/17/2009, 8:24 pm

Put their hose in the mail slot and turn it on.
On a subzero night, turn off their gas at the meter. They'll wake up freezing.
Fill the mailbox with concrete.
Put a potato in the exhaust pipe of their car.
There's nothing like a vendetta to get the imagination going!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/18/2009, 4:10 am

All I got to say further is if little orange kitty dies so does any political life of certain political persons. And there could be some jail time involved as well. I'm just sayin'. Wink

Think I'm bluffing? TRY ME!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/18/2009, 4:12 am

sparks wrote:

Nope. I prefer the direct and subtle approach. Just so there's no mistake as to my meaning. Wink
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/18/2009, 7:35 am

Mirage wrote:
sparks wrote:

Nope. I prefer the direct and subtle approach. Just so there's no mistake as to my meaning. Wink
Our differences are what makes life interesting. I just question whether making an enemy of a close neighbor is worth the risk when an anonymous vendetta can wreak havoc in their lives with little risk to you. As long as you are prepared to accept the unknown consequences of your direct approach, go for it. Keep us posted on how things work out.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/19/2009, 2:14 pm

actually animal control as a department has already been completly eliminated from the city budget. it was consolidated with the police department...which now funds and adminisrates animal control in the city. the actual savings is about half of what the old department cost and mostly comes from office personel cuts and more efficient maintenance at the animal control offices.

the reason animal control is a nessecity to keep around in some capacity is pretty clearly a safety issue in my opinion. a vicious animal walking around a nieghborhood isnt going to wait for someone from crown point to come pick it up. besides that you would be shocked at the number of dead animals they pick up in the city every day. something like 3 to 4 dozen

that said the story you tell is outrageous mirage. id be pissed to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/19/2009, 6:31 pm

Mirage wrote:
All I got to say further is if little orange kitty dies so does any political life of certain political persons. And there could be some jail time involved as well. I'm just sayin'. Wink

Think I'm bluffing? TRY ME!
Mirage, give this a shot...looks very effective.
http://www.liquidass.com/neighbor_revenge.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/21/2009, 3:28 am

Let's just say things are in motion. Wink

While I'm glad Animal Control's expense was a consideration I'm not sure how making it part of the police dept is a better option than turning it over to the county though.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/21/2009, 7:27 am

Well for one they eliminated the dept head position when they came under control of the Police. So that is salary and insurance form one person saved. I thought that was what a lot of people wanted...less people and cut the self insurance costs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty7/23/2009, 11:23 am

Eliminating 1 position cut the budget in half? Sounds like someone was way over paid. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized   Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for Hammond Animal Control to be Euthanized
Page 1 of 1