Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The horror.... the horror ....

Go down 
+5
chuckmo48
Heretic
UrRight
paul87920
KarenT
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 10:13 am

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/rush-limbaugh-more-idris-elba-james-bond-050001475.html

Rush Limbaugh Has More to Say About Idris Elba as James Bond

Arlene WashingtonJanuary 5, 2015

Rush Limbaugh took to his radio show on Monday to once again address the controversy surrounding his statement that actor Idris Elba would not be the best pick for the new James Bond.
“Is it racist to suggest that James Bond is a white character created by Ian Fleming?" said Limbaugh on The Rush Limbaugh Show. "It’s not racist."
Earlier this month, Limbaugh commented on a leaked Sony email where Sony co-chairman Amy Pascal reportedly wrote that it would be great for Elba to inherit the role after Daniel Craig. Limbaugh went on to state that Pascal was considering Elba only to make peace with Al Sharpton after previously leaked emails revealed Pascal and director Scott Rudinjoking about African-American films that Obama may like.
“There’s no racism intended here," added Limbaugh. "I have no bias whatsoever against Idris Elba. I think he’s a great actor. It isn’t even about him. This is about this girl Amy Pascal who thinks he would be a great James Bond and we know why she says. She’s trying to buy off Al Sharpton. She’s trying to buy off any of the other hustlers because she’s in trouble.”
Limbaugh also restated his comment that if a white actor portrayed an African-American it would not be accepted the same way.
"I simply asked an associated question," said Limbaugh. "Would it be accepted if the movie of the life and times of Barack Obama was cast? Pick any white actor. ... Pick [George] Clooney. Clooney would be honored by the way to do it. Do you think that the Al Sharptons of the world would sit idly by and applaud it? We know that it wouldn’t be acceptable."
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 11:45 am

happy jack wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/rush-limbaugh-more-idris-elba-james-bond-050001475.html

Limbaugh went on to state that Pascal was considering Elba only to make peace with Al Sharpton after previously leaked emails revealed Pascal and director Scott Rudinjoking about African-American films that Obama may like.
“There’s no racism intended here," added Limbaugh. "I have no bias whatsoever against Idris Elba. I think he’s a great actor. It isn’t even about him. This is about this girl Amy Pascal who thinks he would be a great James Bond and we know why she says. She’s trying to buy off Al Sharpton.
[/i]
Damn you Sharpton! Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 11:56 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Limbaugh went on to state that Pascal was considering Elba only to make peace with Al Sharpton after previously leaked emails revealed Pascal and director Scott Rudinjoking about African-American films that Obama may like.
“There’s no racism intended here," added Limbaugh. "I have no bias whatsoever against Idris Elba. I think he’s a great actor. It isn’t even about him. This is about this girl Amy Pascal who thinks he would be a great James Bond and we know why she says. She’s trying to buy off Al Sharpton.
[/i]
Damn you Sharpton! Laughing

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-obamas-first-date-inspires-movie-southside-with-you-20141205-story.html

Obamas' first date inspires movie 'Southside With You'

Before there was a first lady, there had to be a first date.
For President Barack Obama and wife Michelle, that fateful day came in 1989 Chicago, and now a movie based on their courtship is in the works, producer Stephanie Allain has confirmed to The Times.
Deadline Hollywood first reported that the film, titled "Southside With You," is to chronicle the summer afternoon when Obama, a first-year law student, romanced the young attorney then known as Michelle Robinson. The two went on a trip to the Art Institute, took a walk around the city and caught a screening of "Do the Right Thing," a new movie by a relatively unknown director named Spike Lee. They would marry three years later.
Actress Tika Sumpter ("Get on Up," "Ride Along") is on board to play the future first lady, but an actor has yet to be cast to play the eventual commander in chief.

(I had to hurry to paste this in order to avoid throwing up in my mouth, but that’s an entirely different issue.)

Would you be OK with a white actor portraying Barry in this film?
If not, why not?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 12:23 pm

happy jack wrote:

Rush Limbaugh took to his radio show on Monday to once again address the controversy surrounding his statement that actor Idris Elba would not be the best pick for the new James Bond.
“Is it racist to suggest that James Bond is a white character created by Ian Fleming?" said Limbaugh on The Rush Limbaugh Show. "It’s not racist."

Oh really? that's not what you said the other day.

“That’s NOT who James Bond is, and I know it’s racist to probably even point this out: We had 50 years of white Bonds because Bond is white. Bond was never black. Ian Fleming never created a black Brit to play James Bond. The character was always white. He was always Scottish.” -GOP leader Rush Limbaugh
lol!

Yes Rush, we know you're a racist scumbag, always have been, always will be, what else is new? Please don't stop, keep putting your foot in your big mouth.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 12:32 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Oh really? that's not what you said the other day.

“That’s NOT who James Bond is, and I know it’s racist to probably even point this out: We had 50 years of white Bonds because Bond is white. Bond was never black. Ian Fleming never created a black Brit to play James Bond. The character was always white. He was always Scottish.” -GOP leader Rush Limbaugh
lol!

Yes Rush, we know you're racist scumbag, always have been, always will be, what else is new?

Clearly, I can't speak for him, but it's a safe bet that he meant he would be called a racist for saying what he said.
Do you seriously think that it is racist to point out that James Bond was conceived of as a white character based upon a composite of Ian Fleming's associates during WWII?
I certainly don't.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 12:37 pm

jack, we've had this discussion before about Rush Limbaugh being a virulent racist.
I'm not going to repeat myself.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 3:37 pm

edge540 wrote:
jack, we've had this discussion before about Rush Limbaugh being a virulent racist.

I couldn’t care less what you think about Limbaugh. My question was, and is:

Do you seriously think that it is racist to point out that James Bond was conceived of as a white character based upon a composite of Ian Fleming's associates during WWII?

Also, would you be OK with a white actor portraying Barry in the film Southside With You?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 5:02 pm

happy jack wrote:
Also, would you be OK with a white actor portraying Barry in the film Southside With You?

Barack is not a fictional character, so I really don't see your point at all.

But Bond is a fictional character, regardless of whether he was a composite of people who Fleming once knew...  The franchise has evolved since Fleming's books, and many actors have portrayed the British spy.  

IMHO, I think it's more important that Bond is British, or at least can pass as British. I can understand why people would have reservations about him being black, because he has always been portrayed by a white actor.  Still, I don't think that the idea of a "black Bond" is totally out of the question. (As long as he is British)  

It's kind of like the reimagining of "Battlestar Galactica."  People were skeptical when they announced that a woman was going to play the character of "Starbuck."  But let's face it,  Katee Sackhoff did an excellent job with the character... In fact, she was frickin' awesome!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 6:14 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Barack is not a fictional character, so I really don't see your point at all.

But Bond is a fictional character, regardless of whether he was a composite of people who Fleming once knew...  The franchise has evolved since Fleming's books, and many actors have portrayed the British spy.  

IMHO, I think it's more important that Bond is British, or at least can pass as British. I can understand why people would have reservations about him being black, because he has always been portrayed by a white actor.  Still, I don't think that the idea of a "black Bond" is totally out of the question. (As long as he is British)  

It's kind of like the reimagining of "Battlestar Galactica."  People were skeptical when they announced that a woman was going to play the character of "Starbuck."  But let's face it,  Katee Sackhoff did an excellent job with the character... In fact, she was frickin' awesome!

Of course Barack is not a fictional character. But by what stretch of logic would it be unacceptable for Him to be portrayed by a white actor?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 6:29 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Of course not, however Limbaugh did more than just point things out.
When a racist like your boy Rush rants, raves and insists that a fictional character like Bond must be white, then yes, that is fucking racist.
It's nothing new, he's got a track record that's well established.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 6:37 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

When a racist like your boy Rush rants, raves and insists that a  fictional character like Bond must be white, then yes, that is fucking racist.

So would you be OK with a white actor portraying Barry in the film Southside With You?
If not, why not?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 6:44 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

When a racist like your boy Rush rants, raves and insists that a  fictional character like Bond must be white, then yes, that is fucking racist.

So would you be OK with a white actor portraying Barry in the film Southside With You?
If not, why not?

I could care less, because I don't give a shit. And like the man said,
"Barack is not a fictional character, so I really don't see your point at all."

Good to see you have the same mentality and intellectual level as Rush, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 6:56 pm

happy jack wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-obamas-first-date-inspires-movie-southside-with-you-20141205-story.html

Obamas' first date inspires movie 'Southside With You'

Before there was a first lady, there had to be a first date.
For President Barack Obama and wife Michelle, that fateful day came in 1989 Chicago, and now a movie based on their courtship is in the works, producer Stephanie Allain has confirmed to The Times.
Deadline Hollywood first reported that the film, titled "Southside With You," is to chronicle the summer afternoon when Obama, a first-year law student, romanced the young attorney then known as Michelle Robinson. The two went on a trip to the Art Institute, took a walk around the city and caught a screening of "Do the Right Thing," a new movie by a relatively unknown director named Spike Lee. They would marry three years later.
Actress Tika Sumpter ("Get on Up," "Ride Along") is on board to play the future first lady, but an actor has yet to be cast to play the eventual commander in chief.

(I had to hurry to paste this in order to avoid throwing up in my mouth, but that’s an entirely different issue.)

Would you be OK with a white actor portraying Barry in this film?
If not, why not?
What a stupid question. A white person would never be cast to play Obama because the film would be a certain flop.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 7:22 pm

edge540 wrote:
   And like the man said,

No, He certainly is not a fictional character. He is, however, indisputably half white. So tell me again - why would it be inappropriate to have Barack Obama portrayed by a white actor?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/6/2015, 8:27 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
   A white person would never be cast to play Obama because the film would be a certain flop.

I agree. Many people wouldn’t go to see a movie about Barack Obama if He were to be portrayed by a white man. By the same token, given His meager qualifications, He would never even have been remotely considered as a credible presidential candidate in 2008 if He had been an (all) white man.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/7/2015, 10:36 am

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
   And like the man said,

No, He certainly is not a fictional character. He is, however, indisputably half white. So tell me again - why would it be inappropriate to have Barack Obama portrayed by a white actor?

If you're too dense to figure that out, sorry, I can't help you.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/7/2015, 10:46 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
   And like the man said,

Of course you can't help me because, obviously, you have no answer, do you?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/7/2015, 11:07 am

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
   And like the man said,

Sure I do, you gave it to me, LOL....my goodness you're slow.

Here, I'll help you out.
"I agree. Many people wouldn’t go to see a movie about Barack Obama if He were to be portrayed by a white man."

Why are you asking a question when you know the answer?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/7/2015, 11:17 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
   And like the man said,

Here, I'll help you out.
"I agree. Many people wouldn’t go to see a movie about Barack Obama if He were to be portrayed by a white man."

I'm sorry, but that statement by me is based solely upon a sound business decision and has nothing whatsoever to do with the appropriateness or inappropriateness of having Barry portrayed by a white actor, and you damn well know it.
So, once again, and leaving the business aspect of it out of the equation - why would it be inappropriate to have Barack Obama portrayed by a white actor?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/7/2015, 12:18 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
   And like the man said,

Here, I'll help you out.

I'm sorry, but that statement by me is based solely upon a sound business decision and has nothing whatsoever to do with the appropriateness or inappropriateness of having Barry portrayed by a white actor, and you damn well know it.
So, once again, and leaving the business aspect of it out of the equation - why would it be inappropriate to have Barack Obama portrayed by a white actor?

Sorry, whether it's appropriate or not is irrelevant. Movies are made to make money, so the business aspect is indeed very relevant. Nobody would be stupid enough to make a movie about a live black person using a white actor. It would be absurd because it defies logic and would make no sense....and you well damn know it.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/7/2015, 3:13 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
   A white person would never be cast to play Obama because the film would be a certain flop.

I agree. Many people wouldn’t go to see a movie about Barack Obama if He were to be portrayed by a white man. By the same token, given His meager qualifications, He would never even have been remotely considered as a credible presidential candidate in 2008 if He had been an (all) white man.

I'd be really interested as to why you would make the statement that Obama would not have been "even remotely considered as a presidential candidate if he had been an (all) white man."

Are you seriously saying that the fact that Obama was black (or bi-racial) was the reason that he was elected President?  If you have any evidence of that (besides what you call "meager qualifications"), then let's see it.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/7/2015, 3:50 pm

edge540 wrote:
  Nobody would be stupid enough to make a movie about a live black person using a white actor. It would be absurd because it defies logic and would make no sense....and you well damn know it.

Barry is no more black than he is white. I believe that you are the one defying logic and making no sense – at all.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/7/2015, 3:52 pm

Scorpion wrote:
   I'd be really interested as to why you would make the statement that Obama would not have been "even remotely considered as a presidential candidate if he had been an (all) white man."

Are you seriously saying that the fact that Obama was black (or bi-racial) was the reason that he was elected President?  If you have any evidence of that (besides what you call "meager qualifications"), then let's see it.

Of course I have no evidence – it’s only an opinion. (I am allowed to have one of those, aren’t I?) On the other hand, can you name even one white man who would have been so grandly coronated after having served only 2 years as an unremarkable junior senator?
Even one?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/7/2015, 3:59 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
   And like the man said,

Here, I'll help you out.

Simple...Trolling 101
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty1/7/2015, 5:06 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Of course I have no evidence – it’s only an opinion. (I am allowed to have one of those, aren’t I?) On the other hand, can you name even one white man who would have been so grandly coronated after having served only 2 years as an unremarkable junior senator?
Even one?

Sure... his name is  Barack Obama... if he was "white," he'd have won even more easily. Contrary to your uninformed opinion, Barack didn't win the Democratic nomination because he was black.  Your "opinion" totally ignores the history, including  his 2004 convention keynote speech, his campaign, and of all the caucuses and primaries that preceded his nomination.

In 2008, the Republican ticket was a train wreck.  Just about any Democrat could have beaten McCain. After he picked Palin, the election was over.  The simple fact of the matter is that the election would have been hard for any Republican to win after the Iraq War fiasco.

The fact that we ended up with a black President was a "cherry on top of the sundae," but the fact that he was "black" sure as hell wasn't the reason that he won the election. The "grand coronation" that you seem so obsessed with was because the election of the first black President was an event of historical significance... it's like what Biden said about the Affordable Care Act... it was a "fucking big deal!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The horror.... the horror ....   The horror.... the horror .... - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The horror.... the horror ....
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: