Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mcdermott a firebug?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

mcdermott a firebug? Empty
PostSubject: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/26/2011, 3:33 am

ok second hand as i still refuse to listen to preacher but, on preachers show last night im told janiec actually insenuated that the mayor recently started the fire in his neighbors garage in order to get free publicity.

seriously? in his limited air time thats what george is gonna go with to try to get votes?

he either believes the public is completly stupid and will believe anything he says, thus is delsional and possibly suffering from a messiah complex.

or he really believes what he says, thus is displaying extreme paranoia.

either way kind of scary.

but rest assured folks i know the mayor. and he is not an arsonist. but even if he was, dont worry as our fd would be there to protect you.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/26/2011, 10:18 am

Oracle,I happen to have a recording of last night's show. I'll go over it in a little while and report back.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/26/2011, 10:45 am

The context of this is that they are talking about the defacement of the Mayor's signs. Janiec denies he or his people have anything to do with it and then goes on to say:
Quote :
"This is done by people that may have been the very same ones that set the mysterious garbage can fire on Knickerbocker Avenue that caused the Mayor to get up and call the fire department."

IMO,He had no business mentioning or speculating on a fire where he wasn't even present.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/26/2011, 12:22 pm

wow what an unbelievable thing to say. thanks for the context.

today on jeds show he said festival of the lakes used to be a nice community event (back in the dedelow days with all the shootings at augustfest) but now has destroyed wolf lake.

i guess he hasnt seen all the rda improvements that have been done in the area in large part because of the success of the fol

he also blamed mcdermott for building lost marsh (a dedelow projects) and hinted at outsourcing and privatizing city services....including police when he said that the county pd should take over gang and drug task force issues in hammond.

i guess he doesnt realize that hammonds sanitation/recycling service is the cheapest in lake county, the street dept and parks dept, among the most efficient, and pd, by far the most effective as far as closing cases.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/26/2011, 1:41 pm

You all wouldn't have a job in out-dated positions had you gotten your degrees and a secure understanding of who you are, what you are, and stand up against it.

There should be 2 recycling bins per household and only one or two garbage bags in the garbage bin.

You wouldn't need to justify why your job is important in this day of technology, education, brush ups on the field you represent.

Every household would request two recycling bins and offer to buy a 5 gallon receptical to hold one or two true-blue bags of real garbage

It does come with stipulations that reflect the majority of th nay-sayers: "What???? I gotta rinse out the tin cans, the plastic frozen dinner trays...and what? I only have one or two bags of shitza to throw in the landfill?

I don't have time for that shitzpa. I came from a country where you throw it where it lands!!!!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/26/2011, 2:08 pm

have you checked out the popular WASTE MGMT? They pick up two or three times the recycables and one or two bags of garbage every Monday in my bro's subdivision in IL. They do the same in Bolingbrook where my sister and her family reside. They do the same for my mom in Michigan. They do the same for my brother who resides in Three Rivers in Michigan.

What's holding you guys back? You must need to get educated and realize this isn't the '70s. Of course you could advance in your job by researching and offering cost-saving ideas.

I suspect you won't. It would knock your friends off the payroll. Ever consider working for Waste Management with your expertise and saving the planet, instead?

The alleys themselves in Hammond reflect mini-mounds of what lands in landfills eventually.

Start by being a spokesman on what should change in Hammond instead of defending out-dated crap that just holds the outdated cronies as a crutch to their retirement pensions.

That aside, you can say you all are scared of keeping up with the times. When's the last time you attended a seminar, an updated course in recycling...set aside of sorting through the garbage?

I'm not picking on you. However, if I were in the garbage business, I would show a profit. I would seek out what I could trade off for cash for the people in their recycables and throw it in an accout. I would really inform them via CP Publications. I would get educated so I can inform them.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/26/2011, 2:18 pm

You can spend thousands in an elderly care person with the best credentials...doesn't mean you hired the best.

Explain to me why the old fashion, out-dated way of collecting trash and not even worth going for blue bins compares to Waste Mgmt who collects two 50 gallons of recycables every monday with one or two bags of garbage not worth carting to the curb for same day pick-up?

You don't know because you never furthered your position to learn the beneficials of eliminating out-dated garbage, and refuse to hold meetings to educate the neighborhood how recycling is so much more beneficials in contrary of holding useless neighborhood watch meetings.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/26/2011, 2:28 pm

guess he doesnt realize that hammonds sanitation/recycling service is the cheapest in lake county, the street dept and parks dept, among the most efficient, and pd, by far the most effective as far as closing cases.

It's NOT cheap, Oracle. If educated, you'd make money for the city. You would know by now you waste money doing things outdated.

Efficiency and making money while informing the public if you do certain things a certain way in modern times, you won't say it's "cheap" Hammond is so outdated in garbage and recycling they cost probably, and GUESSiNG four times the amount, not including the polution and landfills.

Lastly, you get what you pay for.

As far as "closing cases," those that are scared, uniformed and stupid only settle cases with prejudice. I never stopped closing any case I knew I was RIGHT in.
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/26/2011, 9:30 pm

UR, the only money made in trash is by charging the people who's trash you are picking up. Ask those people how much it cost to have Waste Management to pick it up, then compare it to Hammond's cost. Hammond pays a lot less than they do and get the same thing done. These cost basicly are covered in user fees with no tax dollars subsidising the cost, like they do in IL.

As for what is recycled, there isn't much to be made there either. Cost paid for recyclables have dropped dramaticly over the past few years. Hammond's savings from recycling are made by paying less in tipping fees for the trash that is removed from the landfills.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/27/2011, 3:48 am

we offset some of the cost or recycling by selling product but its always cost something. in the past there was enough federal grant money along with money from sales so the department cost the city literally nothing. but as bm said, the pricing has fallen in recent years so that grant money is no longer enough to subsidize the dept on its own.

still even with the flat recycalable commodities of recent years, when ya figure in the savings in tipping cost at landfill sites, recycling cost hammond households less then 2 bucks a month of their garbage fee. the rest comes from the solid waste district and federal grant money.

and ur id be happy if i could get all hammond residents to quit putting diapers in the recycling bins much less rinse out their cans.

the simple fact is wm or any other private company cant do hammond because of the narrow allies, and street parking that dominate the city. the automatic trucks simply cant perform the same duties in an older infrastructure urban environment efficiently because of all the cars, wires, etc that prevent there single driver automated trucks from navigating safely. gary has recently discovered this the hard way.

beyond that you are correct getting the cooperation of the residents is another issue all together. to be honest ur id be happy if i could get all hammond residents to quit putting diapers and chicken bones in the recycling bins much less rinse out their cans. most residents are great about it. but theres enough that arent that make what u suggest currently impossible.

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/27/2011, 12:12 pm

Well, thanks for the update. Sorry I was hard on you. I just wonder why, in this day and age, people don't resort to cotton diapers.

My mom used them for all of us kids, even the last one. She'd simply drop the poo in the toilet and soak them in a pail with MuleTeam 22 Borax and a cup of vinegar. It bubbles up, but they come out pretty clean just soaking them.

If I were to have babies today, I'd definitely go for the old fashioned reuseable diapers. Being the gov't doles them out free today doesn't help the environment.

I'm an environmental freak. I wish everyone actually thought about what they throw out before they throw it out. There's tons of uses for egg cartons. You can send them to chicken farms. My gram had a whole shed of them after she died. She'd get people to send them to her. I nw send them with my mom to give to my cousin who raises chickens in MO.

I didn't realize garbage was so expensive under Waste Mgmt., and I do admire the garbage collectors in Hammond. Hell, they went out of their way to remove a washer from the back yard when I flagged them down a few blocks away.

Don't tell them, cuz it really isn't their fault: My son failed to put the old washer outside, it was the newer one that got thrown away. We laughed about it. The nut (my son), was to move the old washer to the backyard while I was flagging down the guys to pick up the old one.

I did ask you to pass along the thanks for their good deed. They went out of their way, so it was NOt their fault the wrong washer was outside.

So, there is NO money in recycling? Would the city be better off just collecting once a month?

I made $30.00 last month cashing in pop cans in Michigan while visiting my mom. Sure it's not right, but the cost of pop went up so high, thank God my dad taught me how to fool the machine to get 10 cents a can before he died.

I'm not one to hide the truth.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty10/30/2011, 6:27 pm

the thing about recycling is its a relatively cheap service to offer. one as i mentioned it cuts down on landfill fees. and 2 some money is recouped from selling the recyclables we get.

fact is the people want some form of municipal recycling. as such we serve the public and try to be as cost effective as we can, without costing feepayers too much money.

all im saying is that there is some cost to it. last i checked about a dollar 25 of the garbage fee is actually for recycling services
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty11/1/2011, 7:30 pm

UR - I used cloth diapers with my oldest - except hubby wouldn't change those. In order to share the work, I went to disposables.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mcdermott a firebug?   mcdermott a firebug? Empty

Back to top Go down

mcdermott a firebug?
Page 1 of 1