Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 Chainz McDermott

Go down 
AuthorMessage
happy jack

2 Chainz McDermott Empty
PostSubject: 2 Chainz McDermott   2 Chainz McDermott Empty5/31/2015, 10:26 am

http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/music/grammy-nominated-rapper-to-perform-at-festival-of-the-lakes/article_8edd38d5-dcca-5485-95d5-17137f459940.html

Grammy-nominated rapper to perform at Festival of the Lakes

HAMMOND | A Grammy-nominated rapper is the latest artist secured for the annual Festival of the Lakes.
Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. confirmed Friday that 2 Chainz will headline July 18, being called "rap night" at the fest.
"All the young people I tell are extremely excited," he said. "It's going to be one of our biggest nights."
McDermott wasn't initially familiar with the rapper's music, but he has been listening to him more. Some of the language in his music is foul, so the night will be marketed as one for mature audiences.
"We're putting it out there that there's going to be rough language that night," McDermott said.

Nice job, McDermott.
Take a family-friendly event, hire some scumbag to spout filth through a megawatt P.A. system so that all the passing 5 year-olds will hear, and you have a sure recipe for success.
What a jerk.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

2 Chainz McDermott Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Chainz McDermott   2 Chainz McDermott Empty7/21/2015, 4:23 pm

Amen.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/opinion/ct-ptb-rutter-pierogi-fest-st-0722-20150721-story.html

Rutter: Pierogi Fest rescuers send message to McDermott

Some conflicts offer two opposite answers both of which possess good points and bad points.
If you could pick only one answer, which was the better solution?
Sometimes the question is unanswerable, so you flip an existential coin and accept the judgment of random odds. That's what happened in 1873 when the founders selected the name of a new town on the Indiana-Illinois border.
Heads it was going to be Hammond named for the famed Detroit butcher and rail shipper. Tails it would be his partner, Hohman.
If it was good enough for the city, then it's good enough for Hammond Mayor Tom McDermott.

Pierogi Fest heats up with McDermott pulling Hammond help
So here's the coin-flip question. Is McDermott primarily a misunderstood public servant always looking to serve the most good for the most citizens within Hammond? Is he a good guy at heart who overreaches clumsily on occasion but only for ennobled causes?
Or ...
Is Tom McDermott mostly just a vindictive bully? Maybe he's "generosity impaired" or "manners challenged" and simply does not play well with others when they won't follow his orders and genuflect submissively?
It's a close call.
Here's the case. You decide.
Because the 1995 contract for the joint sanitary district costs Hammond more than flushing civic partners Whiting, Griffith and Highland, McDermott ditched the contract unilaterally. We call this stiffing your friends. He even called the three municipalities cheap welshers.
For their part, the sewer partners say they will pay their fair share now and in the future if McDermott would only show some evidence of what that bill is.
As for ditching the deal, Indiana's Court of Appeals ruled against Hammond, and the state Supreme Court will decide. But courts generally decide that unwillingness to pay your agreed bill is not the same as inability to pay.
It's the Tough Noogies Theory of tort law.

Hammond promises to continue sanitary district fight
To punish Whiting for refusing to capitulate, McDermott pulled the plug on his city cops helping secure this week's beloved Pierogi Fest, which Whiting does not actually run. The Whiting-Robertson Chamber of Commerce runs it. But nonetheless, you punish one by punishing the other. It was a last-minute ambush.
It's so Corleone.
The fest always pays Hammond for its off-duty police help. "We pay for all the services from Whiting, Tom. Why screw us?" Whiting-Robertsdale Chamber President Tom Dabertin asked in series of hilarious, leaked email exchanges with McDermott.
McDermott offers the "What? Me? Vindictive?" defense which seems as undignified as it is implausible.
So when word spread of the leaked emails, city and county officials all across the region leaped to help the Fest. Seldom have local politicians been as unified against one of their own and seldom with clearer motives.
The emails make it clear that McDermott was punishing Whiting's festival for making Hammond pay lawyers. However, if Whiting's city officials had not taken the dispute to court, they'd have been derelict in their duty to their own taxpayers. They were doing their jobs.
McDermott said he "had no choice" but to punish the Pierogi Fest. Death to the polka!
Neighborliness? Sorry. Out of the question. It was a bully's defense, and fellow officeholders in the region recognized insulting smugness.
East Chicago Mayor Anthony Copeland, North Township Trustee Frank Mrvan, Hobart Mayor Brian Snedecor, Lake County Sheriff John Buncich, Lake County Board of Commissioners President Roosevelt Allen and Lake County Parks Chief Bob Nickovich all rose to help. Even folks in Valparaiso wanted in.
People show what they care about. And also how they react to sanctimonious drivel.
Of course, McDermott retains clout as mayor of the county's largest city and former chairman of the county Democratic Party. Elected officials tiptoe around the "jerk" response.
The region indeed has a soul that reveals its grandeur during the last full week of July every year. On special occasions, Northwest Indiana is gloriously good-natured.
And given the chance to flip off Mayor "Hey, it's not personal" McDermott, former political allies could not wait to help Whiting.
People will share about what they chose to care about.
In this case, the people of Northwest Indiana care about Whiting and Pierogi Fest, at least during the annual three-day celebration of Polishness and darling dumplings. They come 200,000 strong every year to dance and eat too much food of a sort that clogs arteries.
But, then, who really cares? It's Pierogi Fest.
As for the shared response from colleagues to the Pierogi ambush, their actions say what they think of Mayor McDermott.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

2 Chainz McDermott Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Chainz McDermott   2 Chainz McDermott Empty7/27/2015, 9:20 am

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/27/chief-keef-hologram-performance-police-shut-down-rap-festival

“I know nothing about Chief Keef,” Hammond’s mayor, Thomas McDermott, told the New York Times. “All I’d heard was he has a lot of songs about gangs and shooting people – a history that’s anti-cop, pro-gang and pro-drug use. He’s been basically outlawed in Chicago, and we’re not going to let you circumvent Mayor Emanuel by going next door.”

Yes, McDermott – you know nuffin’ about Chief Keef.
But you had no qualms about showcasing this douche at your vaunted Festival of the Lakes, did you?

http://www.azlyrics.com/19/2chainz.html

Damn right I got it, damn right I got it [x4]

I say lame niggas be quiet, lame niggas be quiet,
Lame niggas be quiet You in the presence of a real nigga
I say lame niggas be quiet, lame niggas be quiet,
Lame niggas be quiet You in the real nigga's presence

I eat your girl up for breakfast, won't save you no extras
Say she fuck with me cause a real nigga is her preference
Drinking like I'm from Texas, and you know I stay flexin
And if you don't know I go by tity two necklace

Damn right I got it, damn right I'm bout it
Clique full of killers, please don't get us excited
Yea I'm smoking loud so lame niggas be quiet
If you fuck with us, we gonna start up a riot

I'm a start a riot, I'm a start a riot [x4]

I ain't stunnin dese niggas, I ain't stunnin dese bitches
2 cigar rellos, look like extension
Yeah I'm from the south side, her mouth wide
My pack loud, My gat loud I back out, And click clack pow pow
Court dates Still Trial, My rep is a reptile
Now later, alligators, I step ona work like a step child
Pimp up, hoes down, make your girl pull her clothes down
Her hair down and I'm down
Her phone off so don't dial
Dis right here is dat no style, I don't know how I do the shit
I'm true to this
T.R.U. religion, they takin swag with no permission
All year it's Gucci season, Gs on my belt buckle
Cocaine on my left knuckle, Kill and bury what's left of you

Damn right I got it, damn right I'm bout it
Click full of killers, please don't get us excited
Yea I'm smokin loud so lame niggas be quiet
If you fuck with us, we gonna start up a riot

I'm a start a riot, I'm a start a riot [x4]

I go hard in the mother fucking kitchen,
Whole thang half thang, nigga I'm pitching!
Hit him with the soda make a nigga start whiffing.
Hit you with a choppa make a nigga start flipping!

I go hard in the mother fucking kitchen,
Whole thang half thang, nigga I'm pitching!
Hit him with the soda make a nigga start whipping.
Hit you with a choppa make a nigga start flipping!

I go hard in the mother fucker kitchen using baby bottles for the lean
Wifey says I'm tripping, plus I got maybelline smeared right bellow my zipper,

"Murder"
(feat. Kreayshawn)

[Hook: 2 Chainz]

Murder, Murder, This Right Here That Murder
Pulled the Car Out The Garage, They Screaming Bloody Murder
Murder, Murder Chalk Line Around Your Daughter
3 Cell Phones and I Still Don't Ever Call Her

[Verse 1: 2 Chainz]
Murder, Murder, Smoking on that murder
If a girl out with me, Just know she Murder