Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fresh thoughts on the President

Go down 
+2
Scorpion
happy jack
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/21/2011, 10:29 pm

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:

Again, the problem was your topic. We were all expecting "fresh thoughts" and instead we get the more of the same.
[b]Really?
Inasmuch as I never heard anyone say that about Obama before, I thought it was 'fresh'.
Anyway, the reactions were much more amusing than any discussion may have been.
What a hoot.[/b
I hope you realize that the joke is on you.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/21/2011, 10:53 pm

[quote="Scorpion"]
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
IMHO, I don't see the point of posting something on a discussion board unless you have an actual opinion on the topic to be discussed.
I beg to differ.
Consider it a social experiment.

Yeah. Well I think I'll just "consider it" as what it really is... nothing more than a dodgy excuse to avoid giving an opinion on a topic that you started.

Then you would be wrong.

Scorpion wrote:

BTW - Got an opinion on the situation in Libya yet?
Not really.
Why?
Is that mandatory, or something?

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/21/2011, 11:57 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I beg to differ.
Consider it a social experiment.

Yeah. Well I think I'll just "consider it" as what it really is... nothing more than a dodgy excuse to avoid giving an opinion on a topic that you started.

Then you would be wrong.

Sorry, but I'm not buying your bullshit, Jack. I certainly don't blame you for not wanting to answer my question.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 10:19 am

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Then you would be wrong.

Sorry, but I'm not buying your bullshit, Jack. I certainly don't blame you for not wanting to answer my question.
Your logic is ridiculous.
Why would I even bother bringing up a topic if my aim was to avoid it?
Think about it.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 10:37 am

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Then you would be wrong.

I think that the exposure of your own knee-jerk predictability is what truly has you all wee-weed up over my simple little experiment.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 11:25 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:

Again, the problem was your topic. We were all expecting "fresh thoughts" and instead we get the more of the same.
Really?
Inasmuch as I never heard anyone say that about Obama before, I thought it was 'fresh'.
What a hoot.
Was there a joke somewhere in this thread?
I must have missed it.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 12:01 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I think that the exposure of your own knee-jerk predictability is what truly has you all wee-weed up over my simple little experiment.

As I said...

Scorpion wrote:
I don't see the point of posting something on a discussion board unless you have an actual opinion on the topic to be discussed.

If expecting a fellow poster to be willing to give his own opinion, especially on a topic that he started is what you mean by "knee-jerk predictability," then yes... I'm guilty as charged.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 12:31 pm

Scorpion wrote:

If expecting a fellow poster to be willing to give his own opinion, especially on a topic that he started is what you mean by "knee-jerk predictability," then yes... I'm guilty as charged.
You misunderstand.
The "knee-jerk predictability" of which I speak lies in the fact that, had the quote involved absolutely anything other than your beloved Barry, you would have ignored the thread altogether.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 12:53 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

[b]Really?
What a hoot.
Was there a joke somewhere in this thread?
I must have missed it.[/b
Obviously
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 12:55 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

You misunderstand.
The "knee-jerk predictability" of which I speak lies in the fact that, had the quote involved absolutely anything other than your beloved Barry, you would have ignored the thread altogether.
Now you're a mind reader? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 3:52 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

You misunderstand.
Now you're a mind reader? Rolling Eyes

Odd that you take me to task for being a mind-reader, but give free passes to Heretic and Scorpion for doing the identical thing.

Heretic wrote:
But at least be honest, if any of us started posting random quotes of how big a tool Bush was, your response wouldn't be any different than ours.
Heretic wrote:
He's hedging his bets.
Scorpion wrote:
Well I think I'll just "consider it" as what it really is... nothing more than a dodgy excuse to avoid giving an opinion on a topic that you started.

I believe I've found the elusive joke - you were hiding in plain sight.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 4:11 pm

Scorpion wrote:

So why do you think that West's quote is relevant? It's a simple question. I really don't understand why you're refusing to answer it.
I'm not refusing to answer.
I don't think West's quote is relevant.
Happy now?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 4:16 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

So why do you think that West's quote is relevant? It's a simple question. I really don't understand why you're refusing to answer it.
[b]I'm not refusing to answer.
Happy now?[/b
Yet you posted it and then spent the next 3 days trying to wiggle your way out of it.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 4:32 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

I'm not refusing to answer.
Happy now?[/b
Yet you posted it and then spent the next 3 days trying to wiggle your way out of it.
Wiggle out of what, exactly?
I never endorsed the quote - I merely posted it, sat back, and watched the usual suspects freak out over it.
And it was highly amusing - you people are so cute when you completely lose it
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 5:27 pm

happy jack wrote:

So you posted it why, exactly? An irrelevant quote posted on a discussion forum, provided with no name or link, no explanation or context, and your grandiose social experiment was watching us attempt to figure out what the f**k you were talking, er... not talking about?

Conservatives are so cute when they try to do science. Seriously. Yes, happy posted something on a discussion board and we responded with words. He is truly a master puppeteer. We should all bow to his incredible and apparent genius. Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Smiley_yawn
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 6:03 pm

Heretic wrote:
... and your grandiose social experiment was watching us attempt to figure out what the f**k you were talking, er... not talking about?

Yes.
And you bit, and are still biting - 39 replies to this thread, and counting.
As I said before - amusing, and sooo cute.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 6:19 pm

Yes. We are still discussing on a discussion board. Magical.

What are you, twelve? Please, please tell me you didn't think very long or very hard on this.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 7:08 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

[b]I'm not refusing to answer.
Happy now?[/b
I never endorsed the quote - I merely posted it, sat back, and watched the usual suspects freak out over it.
And it was highly amusing - you people are so cute when you completely lose it[b
Rolling Eyes
Yeah,just keep telling yourself that while you the hole you're digging keeps getting deeper.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 8:17 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

And it was highly amusing - you people are so cute when you completely lose it[b
Rolling Eyes
Yeah,just keep telling yourself that while you the hole you're digging keeps getting deeper.
Precisely which hole is getting deeper?
Clarify, please.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 8:19 pm

Heretic wrote:
Yes. We are still discussing on a discussion board. Magical.

What are you, twelve? Please, please tell me you didn't think very long or very hard on this.
Yes, but what are you discussing?
(43 replies and counting.)
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 9:19 pm

happy jack wrote:

[b](43 replies and counting.)[/b
The same reason that cars slow down to gape at an auto wreck applies here.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 9:26 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

(43 replies and counting.)[/b
The same reason that cars slow down to gape at an auto wreck applies here.
I, and most other normal people, consider gapers to be assholes in the extreme. They serve no purpose other than to interfere with those who are actually doing something.
Is that how you view those who respond to this thread?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/22/2011, 10:18 pm

happy jack wrote:

You and your mad, crazy experiment, obviously. We were attempting to discuss the topic you started because, and this was our mistake, we thought that you might actually have had an opinion on something; we thought that you were trying to start a conversation, however boneheaded it might have been. Clearly this wasn't the case; we'll remember that next time. This discussion wasn't a total wash, however. It proves pretty conclusively what I've thought for a while - that you're nothing but a troll who has little to no interest in having a genuine, topical discussion of current events on this forum.

And for that, we thank you.

47 and counting.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 4:29 am

Heretic wrote:

47 and counting.
This is a bit like watching a rather slow child with a ring of double-sided Scotch tape.
Finger to finger, hand to hand - but try as he might, he just can't get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 7:44 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

You and your mad, crazy experiment, obviously. We were attempting to discuss the topic you started because, and this was our mistake, we thought that you might actually have had an opinion on something; we thought that you were trying to start a conversation, however boneheaded it might have been. Clearly this wasn't the case; we'll remember that next time. This discussion wasn't a total wash, however. It proves pretty conclusively what I've thought for a while - that you're nothing but a troll who has little to no interest in having a genuine, topical discussion of current events on this forum.
You summed it up nicely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fresh thoughts on the President   Fresh thoughts on the President - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fresh thoughts on the President
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next