Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEll, now comes a legitimate question...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty
PostSubject: WEll, now comes a legitimate question...   WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty3/18/2011, 1:52 pm

I can't recall the number of times I had to visit the health dept, for my son's live birth in Hammond.

He had things stolen, needs another copy.

Did that move to Crown Point, are, or you able to get a copy at City Hall or where?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: WEll, now comes a legitimate question...   WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty3/18/2011, 1:54 pm

UseD to get it at Conkey Street. Is it avaiable there, yet?
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: WEll, now comes a legitimate question...   WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty3/19/2011, 5:40 am

Crown Point.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: WEll, now comes a legitimate question...   WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty3/19/2011, 11:21 am

John wrote:
Crown Point.

Thanks...gotta go there anyway.

Just wondering about something...my son was born in Hammond, daughter at Ingalls Hospital in IL.

When I needed a copy of her birth certificate, it was available at Harvey's City Hall.

I am just wondering why Hammond City Hall did not keep those records in Hammond City Hall, if you were born in Hammond?

It would not have been big thing..because how many times does one ask for a copy?

In this case, it was burned in a fire at the cottage that even burned the steel metal box that contained it.

Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: WEll, now comes a legitimate question...   WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty3/19/2011, 12:00 pm

The county health department keeps birth and death records. Why have them two places (how could AN original be in two places?)
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: WEll, now comes a legitimate question...   WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty3/19/2011, 12:34 pm

KarenT wrote:
The county health department keeps birth and death records. Why have them two places (how could AN original be in two places?)

I dunno...except I am sick of my son loosing his birth certificate.

I don't know why he needs it this time..except his wallet got lost or stolen...

He has to go this time, but why can't one call on-line to save gas or time?

Can this be done on-line or over the phone?

Oh, another question.

Read that BMV makes you wait two weeks for a renewal on license plates.

If you want to register a new car.... Do you have to wait two weeks if you have the old license plates?

I can not access the bottom lines to correct... But if you go in person, are you required to pay for temporary plates?

Are they open on Mondays?

if you sold the car, can you get things done all at once, for example, new title exchange, tax fees, etc.

Went online...is it open on Mondays?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: WEll, now comes a legitimate question...   WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty3/19/2011, 12:40 pm

Ignore last three repeat lines.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: WEll, now comes a legitimate question...   WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty3/19/2011, 9:04 pm

the county will mail a copy to you, but ya have to pay first. not sure how that works
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: WEll, now comes a legitimate question...   WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty3/20/2011, 6:03 am

[quote="the oracle"]the county will mail a copy to you, but ya have to pay first. not sure how that works[/quot

By using a Pay Pal account like the one used on EBay. It's simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEll, now comes a legitimate question...   WEll, now comes a legitimate question... Empty

Back to top Go down

WEll, now comes a legitimate question...
Page 1 of 1