Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cry Us A River - Politicians!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Cry Us A River - Politicians! Empty
PostSubject: Cry Us A River - Politicians!   Cry Us A River - Politicians! Empty1/16/2011, 2:17 pm

Schwarzenegger says governorship cost him $200 million
Buzz up!126 votes Share
retweet
EmailPrint.. Reuters – California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in Long Beach, California, in this October 26, 2010 file photo. … .– Fri Jan 14, 5:06 pm ET
VIENNA (Reuters) – Serving as California governor cost Arnold Schwarzenegger at least $200 million, the bodybuilding star turned actor and politician told a newspaper in his native Austria, insisting 'it was more than worth it."

Counting expenses and lost income from acting in Hollywood films, "in all it is probably more than $200 million," he told Krone when asked how much his two terms in Sacramento had cost.

"But I'm not sorry. It was more than worth it," he said.

[ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

"What was much worse was the damage my time as governor did to the family. There is a lot there that needs to be repaired," he said, recalling the many Sunday evenings when his wife, Maria, and children broke out in tears at his heavy work schedule.

[Related: Schwarzenegger leaves mixed legacy in California | Photos: Latest images of the ex-governor]

"We hate your job," Schwarzenegger quoted family members as saying during his early years as governor when he would leave his Los Angeles home every Monday morning for the capital, Sacramento, and not return until the end of the week.

"It was heartbreaking every time," said Schwarzenegger, a Republican who served as governor from 2003 until early this month. "In my second term of office, I did better. I tried to fly home every evening."

(Like Blago, though the state of CA was and is in dire straits.) Married to a Kennedy, never enough for the wealthy.***********************************
(Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Peter Cooney)

Political.com article on Campaign Raising...can't balance a budget but can up with billions to support non-functioning idiot!!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47596.html

Obama Raising Billions for Re-Election. Click on the link.

Nothing really accomplised, budgets not met with, then we already have them running mid-term for billions.

You see, taxpayers, why we are in the "HOLE"? They only care about re-electing not even finishing half-way through their terms.

It's always a fundrasising even, even for the Chicago Mayoral-candidate, Rhambo.

It's a fix, no matter whether they make the vote or not. They walk around with money falling out of their pockets, not giving a hoot about using that excess money for fixing the economic distress they LED us into.

You are either a poor person or a politician. They suck...not out for the people...out for themselves. Obama's kids won't have to pay, but OUR children's children will have to. Afterall, it's politicians that wreaked havoc on our country.

Not for the for the American's that support them; for the campaign donations made by "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine".

Then you have this story where years ago, my mom told me while living on a farm...many strangers asked for a sandwich or a place to sleep. Poor as THEY were, they always opened their hand. Wonder what would have happened if the gov't stepped in with "regulations"?

This story is unbelievable. They bitch if people are on food stamps, and look what this couple did and are being punished for - as if waste, corruption, wining, dining, flying here or there were not on the politicians' agenda...they pick on the very people that allow them to help "neighbors" and practice what we were preached.

They just want money out of this couple, who don't ask for anything for their good deeds...which is what these greedy suns-a-bitches of politicians should learn to do: spread the wealth.

Their campaign funds. Run on "merit" instead of donations. I hate and distrust everyone in public office that has a "beef about helping each other". They aren't asking you greedy politicians to help. Cuz, you won't. You drink from crystal glasses, fine china and the most exotic food on earth. You fly wherever you want....then have the nerve to tell a neighbor that they can't help another neighbor?

Are we a communist country? Given the politicians have free health care, free gas/cars/limos, and don't have to worry whether their kids are taken care of...you can all go to hell. I'm sick of the corruption, the lying, and the two-faced Obama with a wife that only defines a clothing line.

Take those billions for your re-election and send the money to Haiti, if you need that much money to get re-elected. Or give it back to us for supporting your salaries.

Most in Congress are millionaires...why don't you stick it where you really need to "stick it". The Usa.

Billions to raise for a campaign to re-elect an incompetent POTUS? How about spreading that wealth around, so mabe you stand a "chance"?

Or, Obama, stick it up your azz. I didn't vote for you and I am proud to say so. Your lips were your only "asset" and that can be disapproved by all the teleprompters and speech writers. You have no heart. Just a regular black gigilo.

At least Clinton and former POTUS' went to church. You can't even say what religion you are. You use excuses for everything..."too much distraction". Like Kennedy, Clinton, the Bushes? You just miss your Rev. Wright. I would love to hear your phone conversations with him. Just typical, lying idiots.

Not among themselves, to contribute to the very people that have to pay for their lifestyles.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7381016.html

Doing "GOOD" means....we can send billions a week for wars...but not allowed to feed our poor. Fluck YOU, politicians!

Bobby and Amanda Herring spent more than a year providing food to homeless people in downtown Houston every day. They fed them, left behind no trash and doled out warm meals peacefully without a single crime being committed, Bobby Herring said.

That ended two weeks ago when the city shut down their "Feed a Friend" effort for lack of a permit. And city officials say the couple most likely will not be able to obtain one.

"We don't really know what they want, we just think that they don't want us down there feeding people," said Bobby Herring, a Christian rapper who goes by the stage name Tre9.

Anyone serving food for public consumption, whether for the homeless or for sale, must have a permit, said Kathy Barton, a spokeswoman for the Health and Human Services Department. To get that permit, the food must be prepared in a certified kitchen with a certified food manager.

The regulations are all the more essential in the case of the homeless, Barton said, because "poor people are the most vulnerable to foodborne illness and also are the least likely to have access to health care."

Bobby Herring said those rules would preclude them from continuing to feed the 60 to 120 people they assisted nightly for more than a year. The food had been donated from area businesses and prepared in various kitchens by volunteers or by his wife.

He and his wife became involved in the effort several years ago, when she would take leftover food from work to the homeless downtown. From there, it expanded into a full-time effort for her working through Eyes on Me, the Herrings' nonprofit organization that focuses on Christian-themed youth outreach efforts.

Nearly every day last year, they distributed food prepared or donated by volunteers or local stores at 6 p.m. at the corner of Commerce and San Jacinto, near the Harris County Jail, Bobby Herring said.

Looking for new solution
On Nov. 8, they were approached by Houston police officers and asked to provide food at another location under an overpass at Commerce and Travis streets adjacent to Buffalo Bayou, he recalled.

They were happy to move to the new location and continued to provide food there until Dec. 30, when a park ranger and two police officers told them they would have to stop until they could obtain a permit.

Because the new area to which they had moved is on city park land, they need permission and permits from both the parks department and health department.

Because city ordinances would prevent them from obtaining the needed permit, Bobby Herring said he is hoping to find a new solution, perhaps working through a church with a permit or finding a downtown location that would allow them to continue to help the homeless.

Amanda Herring said she was frustrated at the city's sudden stance.

"I'm just really sad," she said. "I can't believe for a year we were right out in the open and never had anybody tell us to leave, to stop, to tell us it was wrong. I'm blindsided with it."

'Designed to protect'
Connie Boyd, president and CEO of the Coalition for the Homeless of Houston/Harris County, applauded the Herrings' efforts but defended the city's stance.

"We absolutely need more people like them who care about this vulnerable population," Boyd said. "Even though their intentions are good, they ran into ordinances that are designed to protect the public. There are good reasons why they're in place."

Boyd said the Herrings, or any like-minded individuals, could use her organization to connect with more than 200 groups and agencies that provide aid to the homeless and possibly stake out a partnership.

Barton said city officials in the past had considered passing a "public feeding" ordinance that would make it easier for people like the Herrings to comply with rules designed to protect people's health and well being. The ordinance could involve easier and cheaper permitting processes, she said, although there had not been discussion of the matter for some time.

Ordinance review?
City Councilwoman Wanda Adams, who has been an advocate for the homeless during her tenure, said she planned to review the ordinance. She reiterated the importance of the city's rules but applauded the efforts of the Herrings.

"I'm very passionate about what they're doing," she said. "Somebody needs to make sure our homeless people are being taken care of. ... We have to look as a city to see if there are other ways we can partner with people like this who are trying to help."

bradley.olson@chron.com

Last edited by UrRight on 1/16/2011, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Finally figured out how to scroll without a scroll! Put the EDIT and SEND down below.)
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Cry Us A River - Politicians! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cry Us A River - Politicians!   Cry Us A River - Politicians! Empty1/16/2011, 2:25 pm

I was unable to eliminate the extra postings (comments)...cuz the bar won't go to the left to revise.

Administrator, could you do us all a favor and put the submit/revise button on the bottom? It's stupid being on the left hand side. It shouold be on the bottom where it says "Repy to Topic or "Post new Topic" Not on the sorry, right hand side where you sometimes can't get up there or move around.
Back to top Go down

Cry Us A River - Politicians!
Page 1 of 1