Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pelosi To Dems: Time To Take A Stand On Public Option

Go down 
+2
Passion
Artie60438
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

Scorpion

Pelosi To Dems: Time To Take A Stand On Public Option - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pelosi To Dems: Time To Take A Stand On Public Option   Pelosi To Dems: Time To Take A Stand On Public Option - Page 2 Empty11/2/2009, 7:06 pm

Face wrote:

Scorp, while the Government is in the insurance business, they have failed. Medicare and medicaid are both damn near broke. It was never managed properly. Too many layers there to be effective and productive.

Yeah. Well Medicare sure seems to be a popular program. There would be a full scale revolt in this country if there were any moves to get rid of it. That said, it will run out of money unless the fund is replenished. But I haven't seen any proof that it is "managed improperly."

We're going to have to agree to disagree on the public option. Personally, I see no other way to inject enough competition into the system to motivate private insurers to be more reasonable. You've said that the anger at private insurance companies is misplaced. Try telling that to people who dutifully paid their premiums for years and then got dropped when they got sick. Try telling that to people who are refused coverage because of a pre-existing condition.

I've personally paid for my own health insurance for years, and I gotta tell ya, it's super expensive. I'm relatively healthy, but premiums have doubled and they will double again in as little as 6-8 years unless something is done about it. That's simply unacceptable. I've been lucky enough to be able to afford it up until now, but there is no way that I can absorb another doubling. People in a "group plan" who are covered by their employer have no idea just how expensive non-group coverage really is...

In short, the system is broken, and we better fix it before it's too late. I have no doubt that thousands of people probably die every year because they don't have access to decent health care in this country. IMHO, that is just plain wrong.
Back to top Go down

Pelosi To Dems: Time To Take A Stand On Public Option
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2