Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mrs. Philpot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mailman

Mailman

Mrs. Philpot Empty
PostSubject: Mrs. Philpot   Mrs. Philpot Empty9/29/2009, 5:57 pm

I was sad to hear the news this morning that Lake County Clerk Tom Philpot's mother passed away. I met her about 30 years ago when a friend of mine introduced me to Tom. She was the coolest lady and probably the sharpest political mind I have ever met. Her and I hit it off right away, and after hearing the news this morning, I thought about the time during Doc's first campaign for Mayor when, we were both told by Doctors to quit smoking, and we would sneak out back behind the HQ's and bum cigarettes off each other. Just a couple of weekends ago Doc told me she regretted missing his fest and asked about me. I know how close Tom and his mom were and I just wanted to say a few words hear. Although I can only imagine what Tom and his family are feeling, I'm sure he can take some comfort in the fact she is no longer suffering.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Mrs. Philpot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mrs. Philpot   Mrs. Philpot Empty9/29/2009, 6:43 pm

sorry i never got the chance to meet her but with a son like doc she certainly must have been very strong willed. god bless doc and his family.
Back to top Go down

Mrs. Philpot
Page 1 of 1