Let Freedom Reign!


 
HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 More than a handul of Teabaggers!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9381

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   9/21/2009, 12:56 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Anyone see this? I don't even know what to say about a "news" organization engaging in conduct like this...



Fox News Producer Caught Rallying 9/12 Protest Crowd In Behind-The-Scenes Video

I was out of town and just posted the same story in another thread before I saw yours. Fox is nothing more than a right-wing opinion channel and this is just further proof of it.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1917

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   9/22/2009, 2:23 pm

This has my vote for funniest protest sign of 2009.

,

The Huffington Post has a slideshow of wacky protest signs at the link below, if anyone is interested...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/21/the-funniest-protest-sign_n_292342.html?slidenumber=2#slide_image
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3109

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   9/22/2009, 8:44 pm

Which is exactly why I don't buy this:

Passion wrote:
It's clear the Marxist-prone either do not understand or else they simply refuse to acknowledge the the core issue here is that many Americans (and many more than they wish to admit, and not merely so-called right-wingers) are opposed to the government having so much power to control their lives and are really ticked at the growing number of taxes to support these growing government intrusions.

This isn't revolution. It's ignorance masquerading as activism. I could actually believe that statement if all these teabaggers so concerned about government intrusion hadn't been silent during the past eight years. Complaints now seem a bit disingenuous. It would be better too if the movement had some sort of coherence... strategy or purpose... instead of being nearly entirely comprised of a who's who of tinfoil hat conspiracy nonsense, slogan and soundbites instead of substance, a fact which unfortunately doesn't seem to embarrassing near as many people involved as it should. There is a valid debate to be had, but this isn't it. This is nothing more than the usual partisan hackery designed to sell books and ratings, t-shirts and bumperstickers, or worse... they're only doing it 'cause hack extraordinaire Glenn Beck (who ironically loved the bailouts they're now protesting) told 'em too. Shocked



If they were arguing against continuing policies from the former administration, I'd consider joining up. But so far the argument looks too much like "it's only bad if a Democrat does it" and offers up too much Jesus, Republicans, and Glenn Beck as our salvation for me to really care.

And this is exactly the kind of childish rhetoric this discussion could certainly do without:

Passion wrote:
I only hope we can survive another year of oppression under the current leadership trends.

This is "oppression". Riiiiiight.

LMFAO
Back to top Go down
Passion

avatar

Posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   9/25/2009, 2:50 am

I could actually believe that statement if all these teabaggers so concerned about government intrusion hadn't been silent during the past eight years. Complaints now seem a bit disingenuous.

That is a crock. First of all, some did voice concern. But take the Patriot Act for example. Some were not as vocal as they might have been because there were sunset provisions. Glenn Beck said he himself had reservations but because those special laws were to terminate at a set date after the immediate crisis he could at least live with them short term. But I understand that Obama now wants to make those laws more permanent. That is a completely different matter!

OTOH some in the movement were never in favor of the Patriot Act laws because the so-called tea bag movement is not only just 1 party but actually represents several political backgrounds with the common concern that too much liberty is being legislated away with little debate or concern for public sentiment and too much money is being tossed into the wind the same way. And if some were slow to become angry that's likely because their threshold of pain has now finally been breached.

You may as well admit it. Most of the people who pay taxes actually want a smaller Federal government, less taxes, and less government regulation. And those of the opposite view don't seem to care what the cost as long as they think they aren't paying the bulk of the bill, sometimes refered to as "soak the rich." That's Marxism, BTW. (The economic and political theories of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels that hold that human actions and institutions are economically determined and that class struggle is needed to create historical change and that capitalism will ultimately be superseded by communism)

Someone claimed that if Obama-care passes that with all the other taxes then 30% of the people will then be paying the government benefits across the board for the other 70% of the people. So regardless of what the actual percentage is that is still redistribution of wealth and that is just plain wrong for this country's leaders to do. And so much for the claims by many that only the really, really rich will pay the way for everybody else.

I wrote wrote:
It's clear the Marxist-prone either do not understand or else they simply refuse to acknowledge the the core issue here is that many Americans (and many more than they wish to admit, and not merely so-called right-wingers) are opposed to the government having so much power to control their lives and are really ticked at the growing number of taxes to support these growing government intrusions.


And this is exactly the kind of childish rhetoric this discussion could certainly do without:


It's hard to be civil with such a blatantly foolish proclamation as that. When you clearly see that the country and it's money are being driven into the ground regardless of the motivation or beliefs you would be an idiot not to then be very concerned about where we are being taken against our will.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1917

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   9/25/2009, 4:43 am

Passion wrote:


That is a crock. First of all, some did voice concern. But take the Patriot Act for example. Some were not as vocal as they might have been because there were sunset provisions. Glenn Beck said he himself had reservations but because those special laws were to terminate at a set date after the immediate crisis he could at least live with them short term. But I understand that Obama now wants to make those laws more permanent. That is a completely different matter!

OTOH some in the movement were never in favor of the Patriot Act laws because the so-called tea bag movement is not only just 1 party but actually represents several political backgrounds with the common concern that too much liberty is being legislated away with little debate or concern for public sentiment...

Liberty is being "legislated away?' By who?

Quote :
Chairmen of the House and Senate Judiciary Committees scheduled hearings on the reauthorization of the expiring provisions in the Patriot Act for next week. And Sens. Russell Feingold (D-Wis.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), who raised strong objections to the problems in the previous administration, said Tuesday that they will introduce a bill that would enhance privacy safeguards.

"We must take this opportunity to get it right, once and for all," they said in a joint statement.

These Senators, and other sponsors (all Democrats, btw) "have introduced the JUSTICE Act to bring an end to telecom immunity and roll back some of the worst abuses of the PATRIOT ACT."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/15/AR2009091503182.html?wprss=rss_politics

Here's a petition for you to sign indicating your support for the JUSTICE Act. Obviously, I've already signed it . But perhaps you better check with your buddy Glenn first, though...

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/repeal_patriot/?r_by=6071-1606831-btLB1Qx&rc=mailto1

Even the ACLU has praised the administration for its willingness to work with the Congress to ensure that there are proper constitutional safeguards incorporated now that some of the provisions of the "patriot" act have come up for renewal.

Quote :
Michelle Richardson, legislative counsel at the American Civil Liberties Union, said it was "refreshing" to see the administration's willingness to work with Congress. "The question is, what will the final bill look like?"

And what is the GOP's position on renewal of the provisions of the "Patriot Act" that are set to expire?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-patriot-act23-2009sep23,0,6070872.story?track=rss

Quote :
Republicans said the Patriot Act helped prevent a terrorist attack in this country, and the provisions should be extended as they are.

"The clocking is ticking," Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner Jr. (R-Wis.) said Tuesday.

I'll have more to say when I actually have the time to wade through the rest of your your rambling post, Mirage. And BTW - WTF is up with the "violet" colored text?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3109

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   9/25/2009, 9:57 am

Passion wrote:
That is a crock. First of all, some did voice concern.

Some. And they were hilariously shouted down by a lot of these teabaggers themselves as well as the hypocritical conservative media that is now embracing their movement. Again, it's disingenous.

Passion wrote:
Glenn Beck said he himself had reservations but because those special laws were to terminate at a set date after the immediate crisis he could at least live with them short term.

So giving up liberty is okay when you're really, really scared. Got it. Awesome.

Passion wrote:
But take the Patriot Act for example. Some were not as vocal as they might have been because there were sunset provisions. Glenn Beck said he himself had reservations but because those special laws were to terminate at a set date after the immediate crisis he could at least live with them short term. But I understand that Obama now wants to make those laws more permanent.

That is a completely different matter!

I wouldn't think so. A loss of liberty is a loss of liberty. It's not "a loss of liberty if only at the hands of a Democrat." Especially if said Democrat wants to make those laws more permanent. There's sadly quite a few policies from the previous administration that the current has upheld and continues to use. But I was greatly aware at how difficult it would be to close Pandora's box once opened, which is why I didn't want such policies put in place to begin with.

Passion wrote:
Most of the people who pay taxes actually want a smaller Federal government, less taxes, and less government regulation.

And? So does everybody. Hardly a revelation.

Passion wrote:
Someone claimed that if Obama-care passes that with all the other taxes then 30% of the people will then be paying the government benefits across the board for the other 70% of the people. So regardless of what the actual percentage is that is still redistribution of wealth and that is just plain wrong for this country's leaders to do. And so much for the claims by many that only the really, really rich will pay the way for everybody else.

"Someone claimed...?" No need to set our standards too high, huh?

Passion wrote:
the so-called tea bag movement is not only just 1 party. . .

Is it really? Anybody have any demographics on the teabaggers? Because I've not seen anything to suggest that it wasn't overwhelming comprised of conservatives.
Back to top Go down
sparks



Posts : 2194

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   9/25/2009, 10:41 am

Heretic wrote:


Passion wrote:
the so-called tea bag movement is not only just 1 party. . .

Is it really? Anybody have any demographics on the teabaggers? Because I've not seen anything to suggest that it wasn't overwhelming comprised of conservatives.
I don't believe that any conservatives who haven't been bought and paid for by a special interest group are part of the "Teabagger" movement. IMO, it consists of Fox news, neocon radio hosts making tens of millions of dollars per year and the terminally stupid!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

avatar

Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   11/17/2009, 1:52 pm

Heil Hitler?

How did this get missed?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

avatar

Posts : 1917

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   11/17/2009, 6:12 pm

paul87920 wrote:
Heil Hitler?

How did this get missed?

I saw it at the time, and thought that I had posted it, but apparently not. Thanks for posting it.

It's a frickin' unbelievable clip, that's for sure. It shows just how wacky the tea baggers are... did you notice the woman told the Jewish guy that he should be against Obama? Not Health Care Reform, but Obama. That's pretty telling, don't you think? It speaks volumes about the true motives of the tea baggers, which IMHO has nothing at all to do with issues... it's just blatant partisanship.

The bottom line is that these people still cannot deal with the fact that they lost the election, and don't want the President to succeed at anything he attempts to do.
Back to top Go down
UrRight



Posts : 3993

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   11/17/2009, 6:21 pm

You must do research on the Teabaggers. It's not just about taxes, it's about upholding our Constitution.

They're gaining track, too!

They don't care if you are Republican or Democrat, they want the values back in America. The borders closed, the corruption ending in the political arena. If you had attended the one in New Lenox, it's not about political parties.

It's about the fundamental values instilled in our Constitution, that is being destroyed by both parties. Over GREED, which is the root of all evil.

You should do your research. Americans want the old America back.

Tonight on CBS, it was revealed that the United Way, and non-profit organizations, and especially religious establishments get a pass at paying taxes, but the very people that proclaim they are "entiltled to it" "because we do such good," are taking retirement packages higher than Wall Street.

They get rewarded more in retirement packages than the Wall Street Scum-bags. The Internal Revenue fears admonishing them, because, well, "They are helping people". (Katie Curic tonight on Channel 2). Charitable contributions are down, then they reveal the scumbags that take all the money, running the organizations, not leaving out religious organizations. I say, time to tax the churches. Time to tax the non-profits, cuz they sure all are making profits, and taking advantage of their donators.

Anyone wonder what our nation stands for today? The working poor help the CEO's to help the non-working people such as those these "United Ways" help out. It shames me to think I used to volunteer for the United Way, collecting from co-workers, being awarded for collecting the most, and to find this out, years later. How embarrasing. Asking co-workers to give up part of their salaries to fund this...Scumbags. No more non-profits. If they were so sucessful, why are people living in the third world in the US? Where were they when Katrina happened. I say if you want to donate, help out someone you know. Don't fund these two-faced organizations. I'm about through with thinking we can ever get back on track in the U.S. I feel like our United States of America is on the path of the Russia I onced feared.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

avatar

Posts : 3109

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   11/17/2009, 7:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

avatar

Posts : 9381

PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   11/17/2009, 8:46 pm

Scorpion wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
Heil Hitler?

How did this get missed?

I saw it at the time, and thought that I had posted it, but apparently not. Thanks for posting it.

It's a frickin' unbelievable clip, that's for sure. It shows just how wacky the tea baggers are... did you notice the woman told the Jewish guy that he should be against Obama? Not Health Care Reform, but Obama. That's pretty telling, don't you think? It speaks volumes about the true motives of the tea baggers, which IMHO has nothing at all to do with issues... it's just blatant partisanship.

The bottom line is that these people still cannot deal with the fact that they lost the election, and don't want the President to succeed at anything he attempts to do.

It's the whole Republican party,not much separates them anymore. Their leaders in Congress have only one agenda.....block,impede,stall,do not let anything get done that might make Obama look good regardless of what the public wants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: More than a handul of Teabaggers!   

Back to top Go down
 
More than a handul of Teabaggers!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: