Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

Scorpion

ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty9/22/2009, 2:05 am

Artie60438 wrote:
That's a quote from Fox news. Since Fox is known to distort their 'news",I'd like to see the whole statement.

Yeah, well for the record, here is her statement... I'll leave it to you two to argue whether it's racist or not...

http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/12/statement-from-bertha-lewis-acorn-chief-organizer/

Quote :
Statement from Bertha Lewis, Chief Organizer, ACORN Regarding Recent News Reports September 12, 2009

The relentless attacks on ACORN's members, its staff and the policies and positions we promote are unprecedented. An international entertainment conglomerate, disguising itself as a "news" agency (Fox), has expended millions, if not tens of millions of dollars, in their attempt to destroy the largest community organization of Black, Latino, poor and working class people in the country. It is not coincidence that the most recent attacks have been launched just when health care reform is gaining traction. It is clear they've had these tapes for months.

We are their Willy Horton for 2009. We are the boogeyman for the right-wing and its echo chambers. If ACORN did not exist, the right-wing would have needed to create us in order to achieve their agenda, their missions, their ideal, retrograde America. This recent scam, which was attempted in San Diego, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia to name a few places, had failed for months before the results we've all recently seen. I am appalled and angry; I cannot and I will not defend the actions of the workers depicted in the video, who have since been terminated. But it is clear that the videos are doctored, edited, and in no way the result of the fabricated story being portrayed by conservative activist "filmmaker" O'Keefe and his partner in crime. And, in fact, a crime it was - our lawyers believe a felony - and we will be taking legal action against Fox and their co-conspirators.

We will not be intimidated by this international conglomerate, which has made as its mission the destruction of our organization. ACORN members are committed to the empowerment of their communities - Black, Latino, poor, and working class – at the deepest level. We are an organization committed to halting the foreclosure crisis and keeping people in their homes. We are an organization committed to ensuring quality, affordable health care for every American. We are an organization that will not be stopped in our commitment to our members and our communities which has included:

* Helping hundreds of thousands of African-American and Latino voters register to vote and get to the polls in recent years; * Preparing, since 2004, approximately 150,000 free tax returns totaling $190 million in refunds and increased earned income tax credit participation; * Providing effective foreclosure prevention advocacy saving thousands of American families from losing their homes to foreclosure.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty9/22/2009, 11:37 am

Banks loan money out if you qualify for the loan.

Hud makes you sign up for Section 8.

If you need to register to vote, you can go to a library and do it. Or, visit any municipal office/city hall.

Buses, Dial-A-Ride for disabled citizens are available to get you where you want to go.

If you need financial assistance, we have public aid, we have insurance called Medi-CAID, and if you need food, they hand that out, too.

If you are not able to do that all by yourself, then you need ACORN.

Notice the African-American, the Latino(s) the poor, etc., is mentioned in the article. They leave out the "Caucasions"! Now, that is being silly.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty9/22/2009, 9:05 pm

UrRight wrote:
Artie, that was then. This is NOW. Focus on NOW. afro

OK,What exactly does Obama have to do with any of this?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty9/23/2009, 8:46 am

Wow, this is just part of a story I ran across.....

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/blogentries/index.html?bbPostId=CzBO5KlvfTPN5CzERxNxdtR1D9Cz40H5HoSNbFiCz1Qv9uxSCY3n&bbParentWidgetId=B7fMpU7qHTBZzEaYgGhlLUbF

Stay tuned for more ACORN expose’ today. This organization, it’s ancillary orgs and it’s alphabet soup of accomplices need to be prosecuted and shut down. They’ve had MORE than 3 strikes.

Continue Reading For A List Of Recent Acorn Fraud State By State:
Recent Fraud

State Year Details
AR 1998 A contractor with ACORN-affiliated Project Vote was arrested for falsifying about 400 voter registration cards.
CO 2005 Two ex-ACORN employees were convicted in Denver of perjury for submitting false voter registrations.
2004 An ACORN employee admitted to forging signatures and registering three of her friends to vote 40 times.
CT 2008 The New York Post reported that ACORN submitted a voter registration card for a 7-year-old Bridgeport girl. Another 8,000 cards from the same city will be scrutinized for possible fraud.
FL 2008 Election officials in Brevard County have given prosecutors more than 23 suspect registrations from ACORN. The state’s Division of Elections is also investigating complaints in Orange and Broward Counties.
2004 A Florida Department of Law Enforcement spokesman said ACORN was “singled out” among suspected voter registration groups for a 2004 wage initiative because it was “the common thread” in the agency’s fraud investigations.
IN 2008 Election officials in Indiana have thrown out more than 4,000 ACORN-submitted voter registrations after finding they had identical handwriting and included the names of many deceased Indianans, and even the name of a fast food restaurant.
MI 2008 Clerks in Detroit found a “sizeable number of duplicate and fraudulent [voter] applications” from the Michigan branch of ACORN. Those applications have been turned over to the U.S. Attorney’s office for investigation.
2004 The Detroit Free Press reported that “overzealous or unscrupulous campaign workers in several Michigan counties are under investigation for voter-registration fraud, suspected of attempting to register nonexistent people or forging applications for already-registered voters.” ACORN-affiliate Project Vote was one of two groups suspected of turning in the documents.
MO 2008 Nearly 400 ACORN-submitted registrations in Kansas City have been rejected due to duplication or fake information.
2007 Four ACORN employees were indicted in Kansas City for charges including identity theft and filing false registrations during the 2006 election.
2006 Eight ACORN employees in St. Louis were indicted on federal election fraud charges. Each of the eight faces up to five years in prison for forging signatures and submitting false information.
2003 Of 5,379 voter registration cards ACORN submitted in St. Louis, only 2,013 of those appeared to be valid. At least 1,000 are believed to be attempts to register voters illegally.
MN 2004 During a traffic stop, police found more than 300 voter registration cards in the trunk of a former ACORN employee, who had violated a legal requirements that registration cards be submitted to the Secretary of State within 10 days of being filled out and signed.
NC 2008 County elections officials have sent suspicious voter registration applications to the state Board of Elections. Many of the applications had similar or identical names, but with different addresses or dates of birth.
2004 North Carolina officials investigated ACORN for submitting fake voter registration cards.
NM 2008 Prosecutors are investigating more than 1,100 ACORN-submitted voter registration cards after a county clerk found them to be fraudulent. Many of the cards included duplicate names and slightly altered personal information.
2005 Four ACORN employees submitted as many as 3,000 potentially fraudulent signatures on the group’s Albuquerque ballot initiative. A local sheriff added: “It’s safe to say the forgery was widespread.”
2004 An ACORN employee registered a 13-year-old boy to vote. Citing this and other examples, New Mexico State Representative Joe Thompson stated that ACORN was “manufacturing voters” throughout New Mexico.
NV 2009 Nevada authorities indicted ACORN on 26 counts of voter registration fraud and 13 counts of illegally compensating canvassers. ACORN provided a bonus compensation program called “Blackjack” or “21+” for any canvasser who registered more than 20 voters per shift, which is illegal under Nevada law.
2008 Nevada state authorities raided ACORN’s Las Vegas headquarters as part of a task force investigation of election fraud. Fraudulent registrations included players from the Dallas Cowboys.
OH 2008 ACORN activists gave Ohio residents cash and cigarettes in exchange for filling out voter registration card, according to the New York Post. Some voters claim to have registered dozens of times, and one man says he signed up on 72 cards.
2007 A man in Reynoldsburg was indicted on two felony counts of illegal voting and false registration, after being registered by ACORN to vote in two separate counties.
2004 A grand jury indicted a Columbus ACORN worker for submitting a false signature and false voter registration form. In Franklin County, two ACORN workers submitted what the director of the board of election supervisors called “blatantly false” forms. In Cuyahoga County, ACORN and its affiliate Project Vote submitted registration cards that had the highest rate of errors for any voter registration group.
PA 2009 Seven ACORN workers in the Pittsburgh area were indicted for submitting falsified voter registration forms. Six of the seven were also indicted for registering voters under an illegal quota system.
2008 State election officials have thrown out 57,435 voter registrations, the majority of which were submitted by ACORN. The registrations were thrown out after officials found “clearly fraudulent” signatures, vacant lots listed as addresses, and other signs of fraud.
2008 An ACORN employee in West Reading, PA, was sentenced to up to 23 months in prison for identity theft and tampering with records. A second ACORN worker pleaded not guilty to the same charges and is free on $10,000 bail.
2004 Reading’s Director of Elections received calls from numerous individuals complaining that ACORN employees deliberately put inaccurate information on their voter registration forms. The Berks County director of elections said voter fraud was “absolutely out of hand,” and added: “Not only do we have unintentional duplication of voter registration but we have blatant duplicate voter registrations.” The Berks County deputy director of elections added that ACORN was under investigation by the Department of Justice.
TX 2008 In Harris County, nearly 10,000 ACORN-submitted registrations were found to be invalid, including many with clearly fraudulent addresses or other personal information.
2008 ACORN turned in the voter registration form of David Young, who told reporters “The signature is not my signature. It’s not even close.” His social security number and date of birth were also incorrect.
VA 2005 In 2005, the Virginia State Board of Elections admonished Project Vote and ACORN for turning in a significant number of faulty voter registrations. An audit revealed that 83% of sampled registrations that were rejected for carrying false or questionable information were submitted by Project Vote. Many of these registrations carried social security numbers that exist for other people, listed non-existent or commercial addresses, or were for convicted felons in violation of state and federal election law.

In a letter to ACORN, the State Board of Elections reported that 56% of the voter registration applications ACORN turned in were ineligible. Further, a full 35% were not submitted in a timely manner, as required by law. The State Board of Elections also commented on what appeared to be evidence of intentional voter fraud. “Additionally,” they wrote, “information appears to have been altered on some applications where information given by the applicant in one color ink has been scratched through and re-entered in another color ink. Any alteration of a voter registration application is a Class 5 Felony in accordance with ยง 24.2-1009 of the Code of Virginia.”
WA 2007 Three ACORN employees pleaded guilty, and four more were charged, in the worst case of voter registration fraud in Washington state history. More than 2,000 fraudulent voter registration cards were submitted by the group during a voter registration drive.
WI 2008 At least 33,000 ACORN-submitted registrations in Milwaukee have been called into question after it was found that the organizations had been using felons as registration workers, in violation of state election rules. Two people involved in the ongoing Wisconsin voter fraud investigation have been charged with felonies.
2004 The district attorney’s office investigated seven voter registration applications Project Vote employees filed in the names of people who said the group never contacted them. Former Project Vote employee Robert Marquise Blakely told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he had not met with any of the people whose voter registration applications he signed, “an apparent violation of state law,” according to the paper.

What's Obama got to do with this?

It strains credulity — no, it snaps credulity in half — to believe Obama “didn’t even know” that ACORN was “getting a whole lot of federal money” given his extensive legal services on behalf of the group and training for its voter education arm, Project Vote. This joker thinks the American people are idiots.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty9/23/2009, 10:08 am

UrRight wrote:
Wow, this is just part of a story I ran across.....

Quote :
The views expressed in these blog posts are those of the author and not of the SouthtownStar.
Right Soup

Political News, Conservative Views. Right Soup takes a look at right wing news coverage which is often overlooked or misrepresented by the mainstream, liberal media outlets.

In other words....just another wingnut blogger.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty9/23/2009, 2:26 pm

Quote :
[quote="Artie60438"]
UrRight wrote:

Nothing whatsoever. Here is what Fight the Smears has to say... more at the link...

http://fightthesmears.com/articles/20/acornrumor

Quote :
• Fact: Barack was never an ACORN community organizer.
• Fact: ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.
• Fact: ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the successful voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992.

In his capacity as an attorney, Barack represented ACORN in a successful lawsuit alongside the U.S. Department of Justice against the state of Illinois to force state compliance with a federal voting access law. For his work helping enforce the law, called “Motor Voter,” Barack received the IVI-IPO Legal Eagle Award in 1995.

There is also more on this subject at Factcheck.org.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/acorn_accusations.html

I've also looked around for the so-called "connections" with Acorn and have come to the conclusion that they simply don't exist. There's "nothing to see here."
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty9/23/2009, 3:11 pm

Great links,Scorpion. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty9/23/2009, 7:20 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Did I ever say Obama had anything to do with this, except for his answer to George Steno on his back-to-back interviews on Sunday, where he claimed he "was unaware of how much Federal Funding" was funneled to the ACORN (thieves)? He was an advocate for ACORN. He fought a lawsuit against the state of IL or whatever who the hell cares. Fact is, he was the organizer stemming out from ACORN, demanding the minorities to get loans, own houses, whether they could afford them or not.

I knew once I posted that "right-wing" link, I would get bombarded. Fact is, I am not right-winged, or left-winged. I am on the inside, independently looking at both sides. The facts are true what I published, whether you like it or not, coming from the "Right Wing".

My advice to you is to don't pull the lever cuz "he's your color, your kind of 'star', or whatever. The fact is, this doesn't feel like the United States of America. Not anymore.

It feels like we are Un-United. We are all mean and mad at each other. We look at "Parties" instead of judging individual candidates for election. We are tired and still expect an accept corruption, as if it is the norm.

It doesn't matter what party anymore. It matters if you take the time to look at the individual, read up on his/her history, and submit the vote with a conscious, not with color of skin. Not with what party they are affiliated with.

I simply stated the facts from whatever source I felt confident in. It did come from the "Right Wing," but that doesn't meant I support the "Right Wing". I am kind of what you call, an informed voter before I fill out that voter thing, and stash it away.

I'm also sick of corruption, as 99% of informed voters are. I don't vote straight. I research before going to the polls.

The fact is, ACORN is out for anyone who resembles them, does what they do, and whatever it takes to stay in business without being ethical, without having a conscious, and for that, you can ram them up between the cheeks of your butt. afro
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty9/23/2009, 8:42 pm

UrRight wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Did I ever say Obama had anything to do with this, except for his answer to George Steno on his back-to-back interviews on Sunday, where he claimed he "was unaware of how much Federal Funding" was funneled to the ACORN (thieves)? He was an advocate for ACORN. He fought a lawsuit against the state of IL or whatever who the hell cares. Fact is, he was the organizer stemming out from ACORN, demanding the minorities to get loans, own houses, whether they could afford them or not.

Try reading what Scorpion posted again....
Quote :

• Fact: Barack was never an ACORN community organizer.
• Fact: ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.
• Fact: ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the successful voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992.

In his capacity as an attorney, Barack represented ACORN in a successful lawsuit alongside the U.S. Department of Justice against the state of Illinois to force state compliance with a federal voting access law. For his work helping enforce the law, called “Motor Voter,” Barack received the IVI-IPO Legal Eagle Award in 1995.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty9/25/2009, 2:11 am

I think it is very clear now that a full accounting of ACORN and all of it's "branches" is a must or else none of them should get one dollar more in taxpayer money effective immediately and they should lose tax exempt status where they have it. But as far as I know despite even public calls and letters from Democratic leaders there is still no Federal investigation of the ACORN family, much less an impartial accounting from a credible accounting firm. That is not too much to ask because it is the only way the American public can rest assured their money wasn't squandered foolishly as is seeming to be the actual case in too many instances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2