Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Passion

Passion

ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty
PostSubject: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/10/2009, 6:42 am

Sorry but I don't have a link to this story. But Fox News is claiming ACORN members have been showing pimps how to writeoff expenses related to prostitution. Also said that smuggled children used in forced prostitution could be expensed as dependents as long as they "take care of them." Shocked

Does anybody have any links to related stories to these claims? This makes me sick! They are using my taxes to pay for this????
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/12/2009, 2:48 am

Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/12/2009, 3:02 am

Well scandals are nothing new for ACORN, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkUKOSnv2zY
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/12/2009, 7:58 am

ACORN turns in Fla. workers on voter fraud charges
By CURT ANDERSON (AP)

MIAMI — Armed with a tip from the grassroots group ACORN about its own workers, authorities on Wednesday began arresting 11 people suspected of falsifying hundreds of voter applications during a registration drive last year.

ACORN, which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, has long been accused by Republican and conservative activists — fed by talk-radio hosts — of fraudulently registering voters. But Miami-Dade prosecutors gave credit to the group for coming forward and ACORN officials said they felt vindicated.

"It shows that we take the integrity of our voter registration work with the utmost seriousness," said ACORN spokesman Brian Kettenring. "We turn in people who try to game the system."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g5ZxJgjHzO_C-1f0H0FHImQwjR2gD9AJTJ1G0
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/12/2009, 3:20 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
By CURT ANDERSON (AP)

MIAMI — Armed with a tip from the grassroots group ACORN about its own workers, authorities on Wednesday began arresting 11 people suspected of falsifying hundreds of voter applications during a registration drive last year.

ACORN, which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, has long been accused by Republican and conservative activists — fed by talk-radio hosts — of fraudulently registering voters. But Miami-Dade prosecutors gave credit to the group for coming forward and ACORN officials said they felt vindicated.

"It shows that we take the integrity of our voter registration work with the utmost seriousness," said ACORN spokesman Brian Kettenring. "We turn in people who try to game the system."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g5ZxJgjHzO_C-1f0H0FHImQwjR2gD9AJTJ1G0

I heard a rumor. Maybe you can tell me if it's true. But I heard that ACORN has now been fired from having any part in the census taking. So if this group is so great why did they get fired by the Federal government?

I also heard that there may be 3 or more other ACORN offices in hot water but those stories haven't broke yet.

I'm not so sure "integrity" is a word I would associate with ACORN at the moment. Especially when ACORN employees are on tape explaining how words can be intentionally applied improperly.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/12/2009, 3:35 pm

Passion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
By CURT ANDERSON (AP)

I heard a rumor. Maybe you can tell me if it's true. But I heard that ACORN has now been fired from having any part in the census taking.

Yes, just for the record, that is true.

Census Bureau Drops Acorn From 2010 Effort

Here is an excerpt from a letter sent from Robert Groves, Director of the Census, to Acorn...

Quote :
It is clear that Acorn’s affiliation with the 2010 census promotion has caused sufficient concern in the general public, has indeed become a distraction from our mission, and may even become a discouragement to public cooperation, negatively impacting 2010 census efforts,” Mr. Groves wrote.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/12/2009, 7:35 pm

Passion wrote:

I heard a rumor. Maybe you can tell me if it's true. But I heard that ACORN has now been fired from having any part in the census taking. So if this group is so great why did they get fired by the Federal government?

As Scorpion pointed out,that is true. I think the census just wants to avoid any distractions. They'll have enough trouble just dealing with wingnut kooks like Michelle Bachmann and her crazy allegations.
Quote :

I also heard that there may be 3 or more other ACORN offices in hot water but those stories haven't broke yet.
W\
Well that's pure speculation

Quote :
I'm not so sure "integrity" is a word I would associate with ACORN at the moment. Especially when ACORN employees are on tape explaining how words can be intentionally applied improperly.

A few bad apples shouldn't taint the entire organization. I can only guess how much time and money has been spent by Repubs trying to find improprieties with ACORN,yet have come up pretty much empty handed.

ACORN scares the hell out of rightwingers because they encourage people to vote,especially first timers.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/13/2009, 7:58 pm

I find that last point about encouraging people to vote hilarious since ACORN has been known to have been a party to voting illegalities according to even the CNN segment. I think it's safe to say that CNN has no love lost for either Republicans or conservatives. I'm not sure they even covered the thousands on Sept 12 protesting the healthcare proposal in DC. So for them to even address the voter fraud issue means that the allegations were significant.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/13/2009, 8:12 pm

Passion wrote:
I find that last point about encouraging people to vote hilarious since ACORN has been known to have been a party to voting illegalities according to even the CNN segment.

Few if any.

Quote :
I think it's safe to say that CNN has no love lost for either Republicans or conservatives.

Really? Then explain what Lou Dobbs is doing on their network. After you explain that,maybe you can point to a host on Fox News that isn't a right-winger? Aren't they always whining about how "fail & balanced" they are?

Quote :
I'm not sure they even covered the thousands on Sept 12 protesting the healthcare proposal in DC. So for them to even address the voter fraud issue means that the allegations were significant.

You obviously didn't watch. CNN covered both the tea party and Obama's rally in Minneapolis,while Fox ignored Obama.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/14/2009, 10:53 pm

Maybe they just give Lou Dobbs a show for appearances sake? I'm more concerned how they report the rest of the day outside of 1 segmant. It will be interesting to see if his contract gets renewed though.

But check this out. Back to ACORN the US Senate voted 83 - 7 to kill ACORN's housing money. Not surprising is that both of Illinois Senators are among the 7.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/14/senate-votes-cut-acorn-housing-funding/

Yet on the CNN site under "The Last 24hrs - Access to everything we've published in the past 24 hours" not a mention as of this hour that I saw. But they DO have a story claiming the smuggled in underage prostitution video is a sham. Now I find that funny since in Brooklyn prosecutors are bringing charges on a similar sting. And no amount of creative editing can put those words into the workers' mouths.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/09/14/boudreau.acorn.responds.cnn?iref=24hours

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549903,00.html
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/15/2009, 2:45 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Really? Then explain what Lou Dobbs is doing on their network. After you explain that,maybe you can point to a host on Fox News that isn't a right-winger? Aren't they always whining about how "fail & balanced" they are?

Lou Dobbs hates everything. LOL He gripes about everyone. I can't stomach to watch him. I think he'd be happier if he had a garden show or was a football commentator.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/15/2009, 4:07 am

paul87920 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Lou Dobbs hates everything. LOL He gripes about everyone. I can't stomach to watch him. I think he'd be happier if he had a garden show or was a football commentator.

Thank you. I wasn't gonna say it. I listen to his radio show once in a while. Sometimes I agree with him. Sometimes I don't.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/15/2009, 9:39 am

paul87920 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Keith Olbermann does a hilarious impression of Dobbs. Here's a video montage of them. They start about 40 seconds in.

Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/15/2009, 2:18 pm

Hey I didn't know Kanye West was a member here! Laughing

For anyone who doesn't quite get the reference http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/entertainment/Kanye_West_Shows_Up_Taylor_Swift_at_VMA_dpg_20090914_jst_3491209
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/15/2009, 4:29 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Keith Olbermann does a hilarious impression of Dobbs. Here's a video montage of them. They start about 40 seconds in.

Damn near pissed myself from laughing at that video.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/15/2009, 5:24 pm

paul87920 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Damn near pissed myself from laughing at that video.

Excellent! Thanks for posting it.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/15/2009, 7:57 pm

This ACORN sting story is really starting to mushroom! There was also a similar sting in California now.

http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/15/acorn-prostitution-scandal-california-here-we-come/

The funny part is that if ACORN feels so strongly these allegations were unfounded then why did they first fire the employees involved in the DC situation? Twisted Evil

O'Reilly is promising to have some interesting information on the 7 Senators who voted opposed to cutting ACORN's housing funding. I really don't watch his program very much but I'll be sure to watch that segment.

When I heard NBC's Norah O'Donnell's comments that as I understood what she was saying these allegations shouldn't be taken too seriously because it involved entrapment I almost fell out of my chair. I think she was more concerned with shielding the President from any connection to ACORN, which I can at least understand but has no baring on whether ACORN offices tried to help promote criminal activity.

But why would any ACORN employee be trying to aid someone trying to profit from the slavery prostitution of smuggled children, much less employees in several cities around the country now?
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/20/2009, 3:48 pm

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/1773190,CST-NWS-acorn16.article

Sen. Mike Johanns of Nebraska wrote Attorney General Eric Holder on Tuesday requesting the investigation. He cites reports that ACORN may "have been engaged in illegal activity" by aiding and abetting tax evasion, prostitution, human trafficking, fraud and conspiracy.

So we have at least 1 request for an official investigation by Federal authorities. I think it's fair to say that expecting ACORN to police itself with an investigation it pays for itself is not nearly going to be enough and could be perceived as an attempt to coverup any other problems before the Feds arrive. Wink

BTW the day the House passed a similar resolution to the Senate did you catch Speaker Pelosi in the AM claiming she had no idea what the reporters were talking about? Then the resolution not only passed the House but passed resoundingly. Apparently she's too busy doing who knows what to even keep track of what's going on in her own house I guess. Unfortunately ACORN will continue to receive those funds for some time to come until the bills are reconciled and signed into law. How sad.

But I have another concern. How can we make sure that not unlike a boiler room operation ACORN doesn't just fold up and proceed to reopen as a series of organizations under new names and then proceed with business as usual?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/21/2009, 9:47 am

Yeah, well, wouldn't ya know it, the head of ACORN called it racists; was gonna sue Fox news, until more tapes were played out at different locations, showing that the same thing happened.

Oh, and there won't be an internal investigation. The dear leader of this organization is very furious at her employees, but when asked if she would open her books to federal auditors, she "hestitated".

Why is it always the RACE card when these people have black skin and use that for an excuse? Who cares what color your skin is, but I noticed since President Obama took office, so many use the "RACE" card for being exposed for stealing, corruption, etc.

Here's the LINK, and you bet'cha I'm firing off letters/emails to the FEDS!!!! No more organizations like this, enough is enough! People know how to sign up and vote. There is HUD to apply for housing. This is not a worthy organization.

I am so sick and tired of the Blacks that yell out, "Racist!" Do they forget their President isn't at all 100% Black?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/20/acorn-ceo-outraged-behavior-employees-prostitute-tapes/

The ACORN fallout came after employees in the secret videotapes were seen offering advice on how O'Keefe and his partner could skirt anti-prostitution and tax laws -- by lying about their occupation, claiming underage sex workers as "dependents" and using other means of deception.

Soon after the controversy erupted, Lewis released a statement suggesting race was behind an attempt by conservative critics to "destroy" ACORN. ACORN provides assistance to low-income and often minority communities.

Lewis claimed the tapes were "doctored" and threatened to sue FOX News -- which broadcast the tapes but did not produce them -- and others.

But after Lewis claimed O'Keefe tried the same "scam" in many other locations and failed, O'Keefe continued to release more tapes in more locations showing ACORN workers giving him and his partner helpful advice.

Last week, Lewis reversed. She said ACORN would conduct an internal review and put a halt on much of the group's community activity.

Lewis said on "FOX News Sunday" that the group would name an auditor Monday.

But she skirted questions on whether ACORN should open its books to Congress or change its rare, taxable status to tax-exempt status as a way to ensure it steers clear of political activity.

Lewis continued to suggest her group was being unfairly targeted.

"I think Congress will be looking at doing an anti-ACORN amendment and just singling out one organization," she said.

Rep. Darrell Issa, ranking Republican on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said on "FOX News Sunday" that ACORN needs to reveal more about its operation, charging that information about its many affiliates and subsidiaries is scarce.

"There's no transparency in ACORN," he said.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/21/2009, 1:11 pm

UrRight wrote:
Yeah, well, wouldn't ya know it, the head of ACORN called it racists; was gonna sue Fox news, until more tapes were played out at different locations, showing that the same thing happened.

Why is it always the RACE card when these people have black skin and use that for an excuse? Who cares what color your skin is, but I noticed since President Obama took office, so many use the "RACE" card for being exposed for stealing, corruption, etc.

I am so sick and tired of the Blacks that yell out, "Racist!" Do they forget their President isn't at all 100% Black?

Nowhere in your article was racism even mentioned. The CEO said that she was 'outraged" by what she saw on those tapes. If anyone is playing the race card,it's you. It's not the first time you've done it,and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/21/2009, 5:35 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Nowhere in your article was racism even mentioned. The CEO said that she was 'outraged" by what she saw on those tapes. If anyone is playing the race card,it's you. It's not the first time you've done it,and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Soon after the controversy erupted, Lewis released a statement suggesting race was behind an attempt by conservative critics to "destroy" ACORN. ACORN provides assistance to low-income and often minority communities.

Sorry, Artie, I'm not going to start a war on you claiming I am a racist. afro
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/21/2009, 6:06 pm

UrRight wrote:

Sorry, Artie, I'm not going to start a war on you claiming I am a racist. afro

That's a quote from Fox news. Since Fox is known to distort their 'news",I'd like to see the whole statement.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/21/2009, 8:53 pm

When President Obama did his back-to-back interviews on Sunday, did you read the "Heritage Foundation," "The HILL, did you not read the DRUDGE REPORT? Did you not read the newspapers, locally and nationally? Did you happen to follow all five interviews that were a "repeat of grass"?

He told the "Meet the Press" and other networks exactly what they were allowed to ask. Fox doesn't allow that, nor telepromters. The same questions were asked at every network, and the same answers were given by President Obama. He did not convince me things did or will ever change.

He's trying, I understand...but the thing that most affected me was on "Meet The Press". He was challenged. After the interview, the what's his name, the guy that took Tim's job, with a name like California's governor, had two top officials on the Republican side, state their opinion.

They told George Steno..for short, "He gave a great speech. (This my short version in my own words, how I interpreted it)...."Had he come before us in Congress with this mentality, this willing to cooperate, we would have been able to work with him. He presented before the public what he hides with his mentality before Congress. He is demanding, non-partisan, and talks differently before the Congressmen than he does to the public."

Those are not exact words. but my interpretation of what they were trying to convey. This message from the Republicans was repeated on more than one station.

They pointed out that if he had approached "Congress with the tone he sets on the public network, they would indeed, be able to hash the problems out." As a result of listening to both Demos and Repos responses after his back to back five interviews., I am now convinced it is Obama's way or the highway.

It doesn't stop there...he is not even aware of things such as how much money is funneled to ACORN.

Liar.

Neither is Nancy Pelosi.

Liar.

And guess what? One is totally white, the other a multitude of of various backgrounds that don't qualify him as a racist. Just an "uniformed bunch of whassa hillbilly idiots"?

By the way, I have an adopted bi-racial nephew. I also have a bi-racial third cousin who's grammaw is an "Official Reverend" - so don't play that race card with me. I admonished Dwight Taylor, so don't act like him, ok? I have best friends that are black, bi-racial and white friends. I also know white trash.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/21/2009, 10:24 pm

UrRight wrote:

It doesn't stop there...he is not even aware of things such as how much money is funneled to ACORN.

Liar.

Neither is Nancy Pelosi.

Liar.

Uh oh......

I don't know how to tell Republicans this, it's gonna be crushing, but the majority of the funding for ACORN took place under the executive guidance of none other than George W, according to the Congressional record. Every year during the Bush administration, ACORN Housing Corporation received more than $1 million (from 2001, when George Bush became president, until 2008, the Bush administration provided over $13 million to ACORN), for such things as housing counseling and working to prevent predatory lending in low-income communities. And many Republicans who are now screaming bloody murder and spinning fantasies about billions of dollars in funding for ACORN (such as loony-tunes Michelle Bachmann, who was probably given this information by a space alien), as well as accusing ACORN of being the cause of the housing crisis, were sitting right there when Bush handed out the dough. And let's be clear here: The accusation that ACORN contributed to the housing crisis by “bullying” and “intimidating” banks into irresponsible lending to minorities by, perhaps, invoking the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) is more right-wing fantasy (which many of my comment-writers seem to have bought hook, line and sinker). The problem here is that, according to housing experts, a large number of subprime loans weren't even made under the CRA, which applies only to depository institutions. And as far as President Obama being “in bed” with ACORN, it was more right-wing fantasty that Dems were funneling money to ACORN via the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act (which created the Troubled Asset Relief Program). At the risk of gravely disappointing my many disapproving comment-writers, neither the draft proposal nor the final version of the bill contained any language at all mentioning ACORN.
http://www.examiner.com/x-7109-Chicago-Law-and-Politics-Examiner~y2009m5d25-ACORN-funding--a-Republican-philosophy
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty9/21/2009, 10:46 pm

Artie, that was then. This is NOW. Focus on NOW. afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?   ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers? Empty

Back to top Go down

ACORN - OMG! Tax Writeoffs 4 Hookers?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next