Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

why do i try to understand these things?

Go down 
+3
voter3
Artie60438
the oracle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

why do i try to understand these things? Empty
PostSubject: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/8/2009, 7:16 pm

long before dave and i ever actually got on the air. preacher spent weeks ripping us and whatever. no big deal he felt threatened i understood that. the point is dave and i did absolutely nothing that should have effected him in anyway, it was just his paranoia getting the best of him.

we were on for two weeks. didnt mention politics and even told folks who wanted to talk politics that we werent in the mood...didnt mention preacher directly either...although we did make a few cracks about his shoe being all about us and the negativity that preach seemed to be spreading.

well finally after he went nuts on us...we started joking about him a bit more openly in week three. nothing serious. but enough to let him know we were that there were some techncial difficulties we had to straigten out at the beginning. at the very end of the show i did out of some anger say i wasnt going to take things laughing for much longer but i wasnt specific about what i was talking about.

well now he goes on the air again today, complaining that we cant hold an audience without talking about him!

excuse me? i realize very few people listen to his show regularly, but other than his guest spots and mcdermott bashing (which by the way he told listeners he wasnt going to do anymore two weeks ago, and then went back on his word the next day) dave and i are the only things he talks about on air. its pathetic.

anyway. just letting you folks know. he isnt getting the best of us. we know hes only trying to bait us to garner attention for himself. and while out of momentary anger, we may lash out as dave's post last friday morning did, but in a short time we will regain our composure and move on in our lighthearted way.

as an example of what i mean there will be a contest this week inspired by the preacher! not sure of the prize yet, but im thinking of either guess a number between 1 and 1000 or how much did i pay for my new house (within 500 bucks)....exact gets a special bonus lol!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/8/2009, 7:35 pm

the oracle wrote:

well now he goes on the air again today, complaining that we cant hold an audience without talking about him!

excuse me? i realize very few people listen to his show regularly, but other than his guest spots and mcdermott bashing (which by the way he told listeners he wasnt going to do anymore two weeks ago, and then went back on his word the next day) dave and i are the only things he talks about on air. its pathetic.

He spent 90 minutes today spouting his usual lies. He's becoming the joke of WJOB. No matter what you do,he's not going to let it go. I know you don't want to get caught up in his nonsense but his outright lies,like the reasons for the demise of the Times BB,which had absolutely nothing to do with him,should be addressed.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/8/2009, 8:14 pm

You can go to the lounge and see my take on it...I think he is losing it!
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/8/2009, 9:56 pm

I Think its great. Preacher never has a clue what he's talking about, and he admits it,( ie "hes the only one who goes on the air and tells the truth the way he sees it"). Look at what he's saying. A perfect example of his insignificance today was the blockbuster list of Democrat elected officals in French Lick last week. "why did they have to go there when they could have gone to the new clubhouse" That suspense lasted all of 30 minutes until someone who knew what they were talking about called and informed him it was a state party event. Next was the classic that the McTavern issue was racism, this gem coming from someone who did 3 hours on his neighbors throwing empty beer bottles in his garbage can. I'd rather wake up to empty beer bottles, than the 2 dead guys I've woken up to, damned near laying in my yard.
His ego tells him McDermott wants him off the air, nothing could be farther from the truth. In politics you want the ones that don't know what they're talking about. to always be talking. Does the Sarah Palin fiasco ring a bell ? Finally no one has promoted our show better than Preacher, I can't thank him enough for the list of sponsors he's brought us.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/8/2009, 10:04 pm

Mailman wrote:
Finally no one has promoted our show better than Preacher, I can't thank him enough for the list of sponsors he's brought us.

You're so right. His over the top reaction to your show just makes people more curious to tune you guys in and hear for themselves. He is super jealous of your sponsor list. So much, that he's been crowing about how he's gonna go out and get more sponsors than anyone Rolling Eyes Until you guys got on the air he never mentioned a word about it.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/9/2009, 4:46 am

it is true that one of our strongest sales points thus far has been "no, we are nothing like the preachers show"
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/9/2009, 6:35 am

I have a suggestion for a new feature for your show. David Letterman did very well with Stupid Pet Tricks. How about having a segment devoted to Stupid Preacher Moments? I think you guys could come up with some really funny stuff. Keep your show light and entertaining and you will do well. Success is the ultimate revenge!
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/9/2009, 6:44 am

Stupid Preacher Moments ?? We only have 2 hours a week.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/9/2009, 10:29 am

Mailman wrote:
Stupid Preacher Moments ?? We only have 2 hours a week.

LOL!!!!!

Now that was FUNNY!
Back to top Go down
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/11/2009, 10:54 pm

Fowler and The Mailman are the best thing going and I wouldn't miss a show for anything in the world. Keep up the good work Steve and Dave. On a scale of 1 to 10 the Preacher is riding at a solid 9 on the coo-koo meter.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/13/2009, 3:42 pm

Freetime and USMoron are posting nonstop OTOB about the Mailman's problems. It is pretty sad when a person's life is so lame that they rejoice in another person's troubles. Since USMarine is stealing content from this forum and posting it at NWIndiana, I thought I'd make a post here where the loser can't see it. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's show. I'm sure the Preacher's show will be filled with "Stupid Preacher moments", but Steve and Dave will have an hour and a half to even the score!
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty9/13/2009, 5:51 pm

this forum is intended for discussions about the show it is named after. please refrain from sniping at each other

thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why do i try to understand these things?   why do i try to understand these things? Empty

Back to top Go down

why do i try to understand these things?
Page 1 of 1