Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty
PostSubject: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/23/2008, 11:41 pm

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/12/23/418158.html?title=Police:+Clerks+shot+while+children+watched

This is just sick! There have been a number of robbery shootings in the vicinity lately, likely by the same robbers, where the clerk does everything right and turns over the money and gets shot anyway. Now they're pulling this crap with little kids in the store.

I saw the video footage. This showed the little kid who wisely hit the silent panic button for the cops. How a little kid knew to do that I don't know.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/24/2008, 8:44 am

Mirage wrote:
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/12/23/418158.html?title=Police:+Clerks+shot+while+children+watched

This is just sick! There have been a number of robbery shootings in the vicinity lately, likely by the same robbers, where the clerk does everything right and turns over the money and gets shot anyway. Now they're pulling this crap with little kids in the store.

I saw the video footage. This showed the little kid who wisely hit the silent panic button for the cops. How a little kid knew to do that I don't know.
In the past, crime has always risen as unemployment goes up. Last spring,we installed a security system because of what I was seeing on the news.We also invested in highly trained "attack" cats,LOL!
A new study provides some of the best evidence to date that low wages and unemployment make less-educated men more likely to turn to crime."Public officials can put more cops on the beat, pass tougher sentencing laws, and take other steps to reduce crime, but there are limits to how much these can do," he said. "We found that a bad labor market has a profound impact on the crime rates."
http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive//crimwage.htm
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/24/2008, 2:07 pm

sparks wrote:
A new study provides some of the best evidence to date that low wages and unemployment make less-educated men more likely to turn to crime.
During the Great Depression, less-educated men sold apples to support their families; they didn't rape, rob, and murder.
Why is it excused nowadays?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/24/2008, 2:18 pm

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
A new study provides some of the best evidence to date that low wages and unemployment make less-educated men more likely to turn to crime.
During the Great Depression, less-educated men sold apples to support their families; they didn't rape, rob, and murder.
I'm not making excuses, just posting that statistically crime rises with unemployment. Your view of the Great Depression isn't really supported by the facts. Bonnie and Clyde and many others robbed banks and were considered heroes by many during the depression.It was a time of great lawlessness in this country. All over the country, people used arms to prevent authorities from foreclosing on their homes or farms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/24/2008, 9:37 pm

historic data 1933 to 1998

Crime rates were pretty flat from the '30s to about 1960 when laws and measurements changed.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/25/2008, 7:48 am

Bill B wrote:
historic data 1933 to 1998

Crime rates were pretty flat from the '30s to about 1960 when laws and measurements changed.
That's a very good link,Bill. If you go to page 6, you will see the study shows that the murder rate in this country peaked in 1933 at a rate of 9.7 murders per 100,000. The charts on the number of people imprisoned in this country are even more interesting.Since the mid-seventies the prison population has been increasing at 8% per year. This amounts to a doubling of the prison population every nine years. The 400% increase in prison population has done nothing to decrease crime in the US. It is very costly to the taxpayer to incarcerate
such a large number of people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/25/2008, 12:32 pm

Mirage wrote:

One of the kids parents may have worked in a store that had one at some point in the kids life
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/26/2008, 1:54 am

sparks wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
I'm not making excuses, just posting that statistically crime rises with unemployment. Your view of the Great Depression isn't really supported by the facts. Bonnie and Clyde and many others robbed banks and were considered heroes by many during the depression.It was a time of great lawlessness in this country. All over the country, people used arms to prevent authorities from foreclosing on their homes or farms.
It’s dishonest to blame the murder rate solely on the unemployment rate during the Great Depression without taking into account the violence caused by Prohibition. If you look at the statistics, the most notable increase occurs in the years encompassing Prohibition (1920-1933), peaking in the year that Prohibition was repealed, then decreasing dramatically after that.
Financial poverty does not cause crime – moral poverty causes crime.
If only more people could admit that.

http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/Library/homrate1.htm
Homicide Rates 1910-1944
The following are Homicide rates for the years prior to, during, and following Prohibition of alcohol in the United States (according to "Murder Statistics from Statistical Abstract of the United States", U.S. Dept. of Commerce).

The ten years Prohibition Prohibition
preceeding begins 1920 ends 1933
Prohibition

1910 - 4.6 1920 - 6.8 1933 - 9.7
1911 - 5.5 1921 - 8.1 1934 - 9.5
1912 - 5.4 1922 - 8.0 1935 - 8.3
1913 - 6.1 1923 - 7.8 1936 - 8.0
1914 - 6.2 1924 - 8.1 1937 - 7.6
1915 - 5.9 1925 - 8.3 1938 - 6.8
1916 - 6.3 1926 - 8.4 1939 - 6.4
1917 - 6.9 1927 - 8.4 1940 - 6.3
1918 - 6.5 1928 - 8.6 1941 - 6.0
1919 - 7.2 1929 - 8.4 1942 - 5.9
1930 - 8.8 1943 - 5.1
1931 - 9.2 1944 - 5.0
1932 - 9.0

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/26/2008, 7:26 am

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
It’s dishonest to blame the murder rate solely on the unemployment rate during the Great Depression without taking into account the violence caused by Prohibition. If you look at the statistics, the most notable increase occurs in the years encompassing Prohibition (1920-1933), peaking in the year that Prohibition was repealed, then decreasing dramatically after that.
Financial poverty does not cause crime – moral poverty causes crime.
If only more people could admit that.

I would argue that the Women's Temperance League attempt to control the drinking habits of our country is part of what contributed to the high murder rate during the Depression years, along with the extreme poverty.
It is not a case of moral poverty but a case of a small minority forcing their view of morality on the rest of the country.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/26/2008, 11:08 pm

sparks wrote:
It is not a case of moral poverty but a case of a small minority forcing their view of morality on the rest of the country.

Looked at from that perspective, then, how would you feel about the rest of the country rising up in violent protest against the small minority that insists on forcing its own idea of 'morality', that of the acceptance of the practice of partial-birth abortion, upon the majority?
Would you be willing to excuse that, too, or is that particular cause not palatable to you?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/27/2008, 6:24 am

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

Looked at from that perspective, then, how would you feel about the rest of the country rising up in violent protest against the small minority that insists on forcing its own idea of 'morality', that of the acceptance of the practice of partial-birth abortion, upon the majority?
Would you be willing to excuse that, too, or is that particular cause not palatable to you?
I think if you would like to talk about about abortion, you should start a separate thread about it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/27/2008, 10:01 am

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

When was anybody ever forced to undergo a partial birth abortion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/27/2008, 10:08 am

He was saying forcing the idea of partial-birth abortion upon others...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/27/2008, 2:41 pm

sparks wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

I think if you would like to talk about about abortion, you should start a separate thread about it.
I think that if you bring up the subject of a small minority forcing its views on the rest of us, you should not have a problem discussing it further.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/27/2008, 2:47 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

I never said that anyone was forced to undergo a partial-birth abortion. I'm saying that a majority of this country is forced, by a small vocal minority and a handful of judges, to be subjected to the underlying moral poverty involved in allowing partial-birth abortion to be a legal and accepted method of birth control.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/27/2008, 4:30 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

I never said that anyone was forced to undergo a partial-birth abortion. I'm saying that a majority of this country is forced, by a small vocal minority and a handful of judges, to be subjected to the underlying moral poverty involved in allowing partial-birth abortion to be a legal and accepted method of birth control.

Way off topic, I think its time to start a new thread if y'all want to keep this going, doesn't much have to do with this topic.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/28/2008, 12:26 am

Face wrote:
Way off topic, I think its time to start a new thread if y'all want to keep this going, doesn't much have to do with this topic.

If you have a problem with the direction of this thread, please take it up with Sparkles. He's the one who introduced the 'minority forcing its views on the majority' issue into the equation.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/28/2008, 7:07 am

happy jack wrote:
Face wrote:

If you have a problem with the direction of this thread, please take it up with Sparkles. He's the one who introduced the 'minority forcing its views on the majority' issue into the equation.
If you want to act like a troll and take threads off-topic, why don't you go back to the NWI forum where behavior like that is encouraged?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/28/2008, 11:25 am

sparks wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Face wrote:

If you want to act like a troll and take threads off-topic, why don't you go back to the NWI forum where behavior like that is encouraged?

sparks wrote:
Mirage wrote:

In the past, crime has always risen as unemployment goes up. Last spring,we installed a security system because of what I was seeing on the news.We also invested in highly trained "attack" cats,LOL!
A new study provides some of the best evidence to date that low wages and unemployment make less-educated men more likely to turn to crime."Public officials can put more cops on the beat, pass tougher sentencing laws, and take other steps to reduce crime, but there are limits to how much these can do," he said. "We found that a bad labor market has a profound impact on the crime rates."
http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive//crimwage.htm

Mirage's introductory post on this thread was a simple comment on a robbery and shooting. You, Sparkles, in the immediately subsequent post, turned a robbery and shooting into a diatribe about crime as it relates to unemployment. Now, you are accusing me of taking the thread off-topic. There's a word for that, you know - hypocrisy.
I trust that you will not, in the future, be accusing me of something that you are actually guilty of.
Thanks in advance.
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty12/28/2008, 12:18 pm

I think it is safe to say that the crime rate does goes up during hard times in this country. It's wrong but it is a fact. If Proud Pig was here he would probably agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree   Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree Empty

Back to top Go down

Trigger Happy Robbers on a Shooting Spree
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: