Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City   Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City - Page 2 Empty8/21/2009, 1:26 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
My point is...if you can't stay on topic, there is no use following you all over this board just so you can satisfy your urge to THINK you are correct...

You're going to "follow" me all over this board? Speaking of "staying on topic" what was this?

You need another time out?
...are you the Board snitch now? You should be, you spend your whole day here. But then, what else do you have to do, but sit by the window and wait for the mailman...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City   Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City - Page 2 Empty8/21/2009, 8:01 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
My point is...if you can't stay on topic, there is no use following you all over this board just so you can satisfy your urge to THINK you are correct...

You're going to "follow" me all over this board? Speaking of "staying on topic" what was this?

...are you the Board snitch now? You should be, you spend your whole day here. But then, what else do you have to do, but sit by the window and wait for the mailman...

Today's posting times by the board hypocrite.....

Today at 7:06 am
Today at 7:59 am
Today at 9:39 am
Today at 10:42 am
Today at 11:08 am
Today at 11:35 am
Today at 11:36 am
Today at 1:24 pm
Today at 1:26 pm
Today at 2:48 pm
Today at 3:00 pm
Today at 6:06 pm
Today at 6:33 pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City   Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City - Page 2 Empty8/22/2009, 7:17 am

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Today's posting times by the board hypocrite.....

Today at 7:06 am
Today at 7:59 am
Today at 9:39 am
Today at 10:42 am
Today at 11:08 am
Today at 11:35 am
Today at 11:36 am
Today at 1:24 pm
Today at 1:26 pm
Today at 2:48 pm
Today at 3:00 pm
Today at 6:06 pm
Today at 6:33 pm
...waaaay too much time on your hands, Art...ever consider employment?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City   Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City - Page 2 Empty8/23/2009, 9:25 pm

I KNOW MR. Sterks, personally. He is in his advanced years...beyond retirement. I would like to stress to Artie, that the Lockport, IL location was aquired by Stracks. The best part is, instead of the shitz-potato salad that Stracks normally imports for people that don't appreciate really good potato salad, the one thing the residents in Lockport insisted on, was to retain Sterk's recipe, which calls for RED Potatoes, not slosh.

While living in Dolton, having family around every weekend, I relied on Reliable's potato salad, and other salads. I went to a certain business, for cabbage salad. I went to a certain place for my Italian sausage...or even on special occasions, corn beef that was in brine, barreled for a year for St. Patrick's Day. We gave away food of mixed culture taste. We included the Jewish in our family get togethers, funerals, etc.

Those options are no longer there. We bring in from different parts of IN, rather than IL, where our special cooks and vendors moved long ago. I travel the distance for those specialties.

When it comes to shopping, Sterks only passed on the recipe of their potato salad to the Lockport location. And when needed, our family scurries there to get it...rather than, "make it" for family gatherings.

I saw that the chicken coop was up for sale long ago in Cal City, now open...I won't buy from there, despite the love of their cole slaw. And you know what hurts most? Seeing a "New York What'eva" locating on Sibley and Burnham...less than a year it went to Tinley Park, opened up there. The "chicken coops" took over. I gave it less than a year. Visiting the cell phone place next door, he explained the owners were rude, mean, disorganized.." only because he told me I had to wait a bit, and said I was gonna go next door to that "classy NY place". He told me it closed..chicken wing signs, all over the window. Bad service, terrible service.

I've gravitated toward other points in this post, and I apologize. I just get very angry when my favorite places relocate way out. As far as Pete's Market, I did make a mistake regarding the vegs and fruits. I am truly blessed at this time and years before to have access to organic gardening where my parents live in Michigan. I have never really had a need to buy anything but lettuce. cukes and a few other things. It is my son who insists on Petey's. I am skeptical about the fruit and vegs...the meat meets the budget...but I don't go there for anything else that I can buy at Aldie's...like milk, sour cream, etc. The one in Hammond turns me off...all 100% fat milk, no diet pepsi...and sour cream, American version, the price is outrageous. Maybe with the success of these store openings, things may change.

One thing for sure is, even though one is down the block, recently opened in Joliet by my nephew's house on Route 30, I never see any cars there....Food For Less is right across its path, Cubs, and Jewels...the only thing he buys is meat from Petey's.

I take his dog out everyday, any given hour, after work, and not many cars there, and the neighborhood is many illegals, legal immigrants from Mexico that live right by him, some unable to speak English, some very highly educated ones that I love to death...they are so very nice, and protective. So, don't hold that against me. I have nothing to say, other than my point: African Americans on food stamps surround the Cal City Store. Wish Petey's the best. they live in subsidized housing, no cars, food stamps, which put Dominick's out of business.

Fortunately, I have the opportunity to avoid stores in that area. I feel for those who don't.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City   Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City - Page 2 Empty9/6/2009, 10:33 am

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:
People with money won't pay Cal City's taxes. People with food stamps are not required to pay taxes on food stamps. At least they can walk to the grocery store in that area, and get the service they need...but did anyone look at the cash flow?
Food stamps are as good as cash and btw,most people aren't on them.

Looks like more and more ARE on them.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c1e698a2-9984-11de-ab8c-00144feabdc0.html

US families turn to food stamps as wages drop
By Sarah O’Connor in Washington
Published: September 4 2009 20:10 | Last updated: September 4 2009 20:47

The number of working Americans turning to free government food stamps has surged as their hours and wages erode, in a stark sign that the recession is inflicting pain on the employed as well as the newly jobless.

While the increase in take-up is often attributed to the sharp rise in unemployment – which on Friday hit 9.7 per cent – the Financial Times has learnt that some 40 per cent of the families now on food stamps have “earned income”, up from 25 per cent two years ago.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City   Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City - Page 2 Empty9/6/2009, 10:39 am

All the wonderful things I said about that Petey's Fresh Market went out the window. In Joliet, not a sign in English; not one employee knew English.

I went for my nephew, asked the butcher for two T-Bone Steaks....he looked at me confused...I asked outloud in the store, "Does anoyone in the store speak English, so they can translate to the butcher what kind of steak I want?" One woman said, "Yes, I know English"! Bluterry blue, hoo, the butcher comes out with his bare hands holding a frozen hunk of meat...not fresh, FROZEN and was gonna cut two steaks from that....

I thanked the lady for trying to help me, but told her to tell the manager I am not buying frozen steak, and will refuse to patronize a store that has no English signs up, and have no employees that speak English.

Boycott any store that does not know, show or speak English!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City   Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Petes Fresh Market Opens in Calumet City
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2