Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

its up to markopolis now!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

its up to markopolis now! Empty
PostSubject: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/22/2008, 4:18 am

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/12/22/news/lake_county/docf8e25c55226985d7862575260080e861.txt

well now that its approved we get to wait and see on this guy. his last comment though, troubles me. "Markopoulos said it was still "too early" to estimate any time frame for the development, which he previously has said would involve a $20 million to $23 million investment. "

the city originally approved his first woodmar site plan, 3 years ago now. but he has required changes and held that project up ever since.

economically, i can understand the problems with woodmar's development, however as the cinema goes, it seems economically those do better in down times in the economy than good ones (relatively cheap entertainment) so maybe we shall have better luck this time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/22/2008, 8:40 am

In other words, in 5 years the site will look the same as it does now

Why didn't the city require him to finish the first development first,then start on this one?
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/22/2008, 1:26 pm

We cant make him do anything beyond the citing him., the land is his to do or not do what he wants with...within reason of course!

I think the Kmart sight will develop quickly...hopefully!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/22/2008, 1:27 pm

There is no other legal option for the city on Woodmar?
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/22/2008, 4:03 pm

as long as the property is safe and within codes. no. the city cant force anyone to build something on their private land.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/22/2008, 4:05 pm

That sucks because I think its stupid for him to start something else without finishing the other first

Maybe he is waiting for Carson's to bail
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/22/2008, 8:28 pm

I have thought about the advantage of carsons moving(not leaving). this would open that sight for a different anchor store which could be a good thing. Naturally I dont want carsons to leave but if they were to say move to the cabelas sight Maybe another store is waiting in the wings?
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/22/2008, 9:25 pm

Has there been any more rumbling about Lowe's being interested in the Woodmar site. I want to say I heard someone say something like this about a year ago?
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/23/2008, 1:32 am

I swear I have no intimate knowledge of any of this ...but a Lowes would be a huge ANCHOR!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/23/2008, 2:58 am

They need something at Woodmar.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty12/23/2008, 4:19 am

board monkey wrote:
Has there been any more rumbling about Lowe's being interested in the Woodmar site. I want to say I heard someone say something like this about a year ago?

what i heard about a year ago was....

that carsons was more likely to locate near cabelas.

and that a lowes type store was being sought for the woodmar sight.

the arguement surrounded that when the economy turns back around....one of the first developments of an improving economy is that older homes are usually the first to turn around in sales (because they are at the low price end of the economy) and the result is people sinking a whole bunch of cash into home improvements).

but since then the economy has gotten worse, and hasnt started to improve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its up to markopolis now!   its up to markopolis now! Empty

Back to top Go down

its up to markopolis now!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Hammond-
Jump to: