Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

imagine my surprise!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

imagine my surprise! Empty
PostSubject: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/21/2008, 6:32 pm

ok. this is just crazy. im going through my mail that was delivered yesterday...and i got a christmas card with the following handwritten note underneath

steve, i know we've had our battles, but i want you to know that i always enjoyed your radio program and your passion for NorthWest Indiana. God Bless you and yours this Holiday season.

Yours truly, till we face off again.

Wes Miller

Shocked

affraid

lol!

im not sure if this was a classy move, or if he is going to stand in front of an audience some day and brag about once having shared Christmas correspondance with me (he did that at a previous team schammond meeting regarding mcdermott sr.)

furthermore, i have spoken to my former radio/columnist buddy, and friend dave woerple and apparently wes sent a similar card to him.

im thinking about sending the following reply on a new years card.

Thanks for the holiday wishes Wes. I hope all is well in Minnesota! Very Happy but im not sure if the sarcasm is subtle enough.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/21/2008, 6:39 pm

Well,
A Christmas card sure beats the hell out of being sued by him! It's really kind of a shame that Wes chose to make the Mayor an adversary rather than work with him to improve the city. Maybe he's having a change of heart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/21/2008, 6:44 pm

Oracle, do the right thing and just send him a card wishing him well like he did to you

There really isn't a reason to be a prick when you do not need to be

If Ms. freetime sent me a card, I would acknowledge in kind
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/22/2008, 3:52 am

the thing about wes is. he always has a reason. but your probably right. whatever reason he has isnt worth me deminishing myself and losing the ability to be polite
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/22/2008, 6:06 am

You probably better play nice with him. In a few years he could be your new boss and you may wish you had shared Christmas correspondence. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/22/2008, 8:42 am

the oracle wrote:
the thing about wes is. he always has a reason. but your probably right. whatever reason he has isnt worth me deminishing myself and losing the ability to be polite

Sure there are probably ulterior motives, but its better to be safe and not play the same game.

You never know like Mirage stated
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/22/2008, 6:14 pm

While I agree with what everyone else has said, you got me thinking about something.

the oracle wrote:
im not sure if this was a classy move, or if he is going to stand in front of an audience some day and brag about once having shared Christmas correspondance with me (he did that at a previous team schammond meeting regarding mcdermott sr.)

There's nothing saying you can't beat him to the punch on that one. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/22/2008, 10:34 pm

what are really going to do for Christs sake he sent you a Christmas card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/23/2008, 7:52 am

tater wrote:
what are really going to do for Christs sake he sent you a Christmas card

You didn't send me one! LOL
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/27/2008, 8:15 am

Accept the card and act like the nice person that you are.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty12/27/2008, 11:22 am

lol, ill take that advice mailman! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: imagine my surprise!   imagine my surprise! Empty

Back to top Go down

imagine my surprise!
Page 1 of 1