Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

political cartoons

Go down 
+6
UrRight
BigFan
KarenT
BigWhiteGuy
Artie60438
sparks
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

political cartoons - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/13/2011, 3:24 pm

political cartoons - Page 6 Tea_party_queen
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/13/2011, 4:02 pm

,another
happy jack wrote:

http://www.mrc.org/realitycheck/realitycheck/2011/20111013100045.aspx

The Occupy Wall Street protestors have received overwhelmingly positive coverage from the Big Three (ABC, CBS, NBC) news networks, as they used their airtime to publicize and promote the aggressively leftist movement. In just the first eleven days of October, ABC, CBS and NBC flooded their morning and evening newscasts with a whopping 33 full stories or interview segments on the protesters. This was a far cry from the greeting the Tea Party received from the Big Three as that conservative protest movement was initially ignored (only 13 total stories in all of 2009) and then reviled.

[b]There is a difference between the major network coverage referenced by the Media Research Center and the vague "media hits" referred to by this Nate Silver person.
That should be clear even to you.
(But Silver has a chart!!!
With colors, and lines, and numbers, and everything!!!
Doesn't take much to impress you, does it?)
The author,another right-wing hack, references the 1st eleven days of October. He chose those dates in order to mislead you and you fell for it again. You do realize that Oct 1 was the 14th day of protests,don't you? Since Occupy is now an ongoing event it's only natural that they would be covered daily vs the birth of the tea party which were one day events,

"Media Research Center"? LMAO!
Quote :
The Media Research Center (MRC) is a content analysis organization based in Alexandria, Virginia, founded in 1987 by conservative activist L. Brent Bozell III. Its stated mission is to "prove — through sound scientific research — that liberal bias in the media does exist and undermines traditional American values" and to "neutralize [that bias's] impact on the American political scene".
[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Research_Center

In other words just another wingnut spin machine.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/13/2011, 5:40 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Since Occupy is now an ongoing event it's only natural that they would be covered daily vs the birth of the tea party which were one day events
Since when does a crowd of unwashed people who don’t even know what they want warrant daily major media news coverage?
The media might as well cover a homeless camp under some viaduct; it might be less odorific, and more enlightening.
But I guess you’re right in one aspect: it really is not a major news story when a group of people, namely the Tea Party people, congregate for a day and then go off to lead productive existences. But I guess it could be a major news story when a group of people with no visible means of support manages to foul portions of the public recreational areas, business areas, and thoroughfares for nearly a month straight.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/13/2011, 7:20 pm

Looks like I can officially chalk this discussion up as another win Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/13/2011, 8:13 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Hey, tell yourself whatever you want - whatever gets you through the night.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/13/2011, 10:14 pm

I can't help but wonder if all the protesters had sat down, wrote letters to Congress instead of rallying, it would have had more meaning.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/14/2011, 11:44 am

Artie60438 wrote:

If you acknowledge the below statement as being factual, then yes, you win.

But I guess it could be a major news story when a group of people with no visible means of support manages to foul portions of the public recreational areas, business areas, and thoroughfares for nearly a month straight.

Congratulations! cheers
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/14/2011, 12:12 pm

People stepping up together for whatever reason are finally coming together and uniting for a whole smorgasboard of reasons including:

They ARE SICK of Congress, sick of the spending, corruption, double-dipping, etc.

Yes they are!
No they aren't!

Even Jackazz Warren Buffet wants the gov't to tax the rich, though he owes back taxes.

People are sick of every damn politician. No matter what party. Sounds stupid, but they should just eliminate Repukes and Demos all together. Seriously, they both resemble each other.

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/14/2011, 1:37 pm

As you know, I started a thread on this in the National Forum.

http://www.werefree.org/t18358-occupy-wall-street

This thread is supposed to be devoted to political cartoons, I guess. I don't mean to sound like a "board cop," but if we could discuss the protests on the National Forum instead of here, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/14/2011, 4:36 pm

Scorpion wrote:
As you know, I started a thread on this in the National Forum.

http://www.werefree.org/t18358-occupy-wall-street

This thread is supposed to be devoted to political cartoons, I guess. I don't mean to sound like a "board cop," but if we could discuss the protests on the National Forum instead of here, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Good idea. I'm re-posting my last few entries from the cartoon thread over on the new thread.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/18/2011, 6:01 pm

Man in Coma Enters GOP Race; Already Polling Ahead of Romney
Quote :
New York, NY (October 17, 2011) - In a dramatic turn for the 2012 presidential race, comatose former congressman John Clarkson threw his hat into the ring for the Republican nomination today, and early polls show the immobile, bedridden candidate already ahead of his competition.

Clarkson, who has been in a coma since 2003, has a four-point lead over previous frontrunner Mitt Romney among likely voters according to an Onion News Network poll. Surveys indicate that while Clarkson cannot move or speak, many see him as "more likable" than Romney. "Of all the Republican candidates, [Clarkson] is the one I'd most like to have a beer with, if beer can go in his IV," systems analyst Paul Lancaster of Scranton, PA told Onion News Network reporters.

Clarkson's entry into the race may also put a damper on the growing momentum of Herman Cain's campaign. Polls show 54% of voters see Cain's proposed "9-9-9" tax plan as "making less sense" than Clarkson's plan of lolling his head to the side and breathing shallowly.

The poll also finds a majority of voters see Clarkson as having "better stage presence" than Texas governor Rick Perry. Clarkson, who is typically strapped to a gurney and wheeled onstage by a team of nurses for campaign rallies, was said to "look more engaged" during public appearances than Rick Perry by most of those surveyed. "Clarkson's eyes sometimes appear to follow light or movement," teacher Sara Kramer of Ventura, CA told pollsters. "But when you look at Rick Perry, and you can just tell there is no brain activity at all going on there."

Ron Paul, while still maintaining a base of hard-core supporters, also polls behind Clarkson. "I like Ron Paul's policy ideas," said mechanic Michael Owens of Glassboro, NJ, "But I want to vote for someone who realistically has a better shot at actually winning, like this guy in the coma."

Clarkson is also polling far ahead of candidates Michelle Bachmann, whom most voters ruled out for being "utterly batshit nuts", and Newt Gingrich, whom a majority of voters did not remember was still in the race.

The Onion News Network will carry a full report on Clarkson's 2012 campaign tomorrow at 10/9c on IFC.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/22/2011, 6:05 am

Sorry, Scorp. You know by now I wander off...

love Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/22/2011, 6:08 am

bumper sticker Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/22/2011, 6:23 am

Funny political cartoon Pictures, Images and Photos

Am I on the right track yet?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/22/2011, 7:03 am

political cartoons - Page 6 Tea_party_queen
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/22/2011, 9:24 am

I wouldn't know - today they are holding a polite protest at a PNC bank in Naperville, IL. Yep, read it in the paper.

Now these are executives, wealthy homeowners fed up. Should they be a certain color, age, weight?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty10/23/2011, 8:17 am

political cartoons - Page 6 TMW2011-10-19colorlowres
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty11/11/2011, 5:01 pm

political cartoons - Page 6 2011-11-10-danzcolor4947
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty11/27/2011, 11:46 pm

political cartoons - Page 6 101368_600
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty12/4/2011, 9:57 pm

political cartoons - Page 6 Kos-26-teaser
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty12/26/2011, 7:02 pm

political cartoons - Page 6 TMW2011-12-21colorlowres
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty12/26/2011, 7:04 pm

political cartoons - Page 6 TMW2011-12-28colorKOa
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty12/27/2011, 10:35 pm

Scientific illustration of how the fundamentalist religions work

political cartoons - Page 6 9zWGL
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty2/2/2012, 10:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty2/13/2012, 7:08 pm

political cartoons - Page 6 TMW2012-02-15colorKOS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: political cartoons   political cartoons - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

political cartoons
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next