Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty
PostSubject: Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide   Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty3/17/2009, 8:37 am

Quote :
Senator on AIG execs: Quit or commit suicide
Aide later says he doesn't want them to kill selves, but wants apologies

IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley suggested on Monday that AIG executives should take a Japanese approach toward accepting responsibility for the collapse of the insurance giant by resigning or killing themselves.

The Republican lawmaker's harsh comments came during an interview with Cedar Rapids, Iowa, radio station WMT. They echo remarks he has made in the past about corporate executives and public apologies, but went further in suggesting suicide.

"I suggest, you know, obviously, maybe they ought to be removed," Grassley said. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide."

I dare say that maybe some of those in our Congress should do the same? Shocked
What a moronic thing to say- another example of why I believe in TLC!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide   Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty3/17/2009, 9:40 am

When they still fully intend to pay big employee bonuses & incentives even after getting taxpayer "bailout money" it is hard to believe they think they did anything deserving of hara kiri. LMAO

I mean after all, they did their part to get Obama elected and now comes the payoff. Razz
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide   Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty3/17/2009, 6:17 pm

Nah... I think in light of other events that have gone on today that award needs to be passed on to Pope Benedict.

Condom Bad, Pope Good

Quote :
"You can't resolve it with the distribution of condoms," the pope told reporters aboard the Alitalia plane heading to Yaounde. "On the contrary, it increases the problem."

Increases the problem my ass. People are going to have sex with or without condoms and they are going to do it whether the Pope says sex is immoral or not. I agree with him that condom distribution doesn't resolve the problem. However it does help, and to take them away would increase the problem.

Quote :
Benedict also said the Roman Catholic Church was at the forefront of the battle against AIDS.

Yeah, prayers were up 25% this last quarter...
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide   Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty3/17/2009, 6:42 pm

I wonder how much responsibility Senator Grassley is willing to assume himself since he was one of the 53 Republican Senators who voted for the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act which allowed this mess to happen in the first place?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide   Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty3/17/2009, 6:52 pm

sparks wrote:
I wonder how much responsibility Senator Grassley is willing to assume himself since he was one of the 53 Republican Senators who voted for the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act which allowed this mess to happen in the first place?
Along with Bill Clinton.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide   Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty3/18/2009, 6:35 am

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
Along with Bill Clinton.
Most of the progressive Democrats I know don't hold Bill Clinton in high regard. As you pointed out, he did sign the Gramm bill which led the way for our current financial meltdown. However, one fact that the neocons simply don't want to hear is Clinton did leave office with a budget surplus, instead of doubling or tripling the deficit, the way Reagan and GWB did. You dislike Clinton because he was a Democrat, I dislike him because he strayed away from many Democratic ideals in order to win re-election. It still sickens me that a Democratic President is associated with NAFTA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide   Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty3/18/2009, 6:42 pm

sparks wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
Along with Bill Clinton.
Most of the progressive Democrats I know don't hold Bill Clinton in high regard. As you pointed out, he did sign the Gramm bill which led the way for our current financial meltdown. However, one fact that the neocons simply don't want to hear is Clinton did leave office with a budget surplus, instead of doubling or tripling the deficit, the way Reagan and GWB did. You dislike Clinton because he was a Democrat, I dislike him because he strayed away from many Democratic ideals in order to win re-election. It still sickens me that a Democratic President is associated with NAFTA.
So now you're going to tell me whom I like and/or dislike?
Back to top Go down
WhitingLib

WhitingLib

PostSubject: Re: Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide   Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty3/18/2009, 10:39 pm

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
Along with Bill Clinton.
So now you're going to tell me whom I like and/or dislike?
Why do some posters insist on dissecting anything and everything another poster might say?
Your attention to frivolous minutia is bordering on childish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide   Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty3/19/2009, 1:12 am

It will be interesting to see what Obama does with NAFTA, not what he says on TV. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide   Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide Empty

Back to top Go down

Dumb statement of the day...Quit or commit suicide
Page 1 of 1