Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

From the GOP convention today

Go down 
AuthorMessage

From the GOP convention today Empty
PostSubject: From the GOP convention today   From the GOP convention today Empty3/7/2009, 6:51 pm

John Curely easily retained his position as county chairman.
Despite a brave stand and nomination from the floor Ken J. failed to win the party secretary position losing to our boy George; George was carried along by being on the slate with Mr. Curely.
On the bright side (for him) George finally won an election.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From the GOP convention today   From the GOP convention today Empty3/7/2009, 6:58 pm

I was just asked to post this:
Quote :
Subject: county convention
To:
Date: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 5:57 PM

I would like to thank all the committee members who supported my effort to become county secretary of the republican party. Although ultimately unsuccessful, I hope they do not consider it a wasted vote.

Many people asked me why I didn't announce my intentions over a month ago when Chairman Curley was seeking candidates to fill his slate. I am now at liberty to speak freely since the election is over.

I knew my past as a registered democrat would become an issue and out of respect for all the candidates I did not want that to become a make or break scenario for anyone.

Once Chairman Curley had retained his position I realized my chances of being party secretary were reduced to zero. The committee organization quickly aligned behind Chairman Curley and supported his slate of candidates. I understand and accept this and if I were in their position I would do exactly the same. What were my supporters and I supposed to do, vote against ourselves?

I have the up-most respect for Chairman Curley and I appreciated the kinds words he expressed to me prior to the floor vote. I also understand and respect Kim Krull as well as John Moose and his attempt to prevent a floor disruption by making a motion to accept the slated candidates without a floor vote.

This is where Joe McCarthy made a minor slip and appeared to vote twice in the Vice-Chairman race. Joe realized he would have to act quickly to have my nomination considered and made what I consider a minor slip. I believe he has nothing but respect for Kim Krull.

I realize I am relatively obscure at the county level, but I believe we should all be held accountable for the positions we take and I was not prepared to just hand the secretary position to now Secretary Janiec.

I will continue my attempts to improve the quality of life for Hammond residents and find myself in a difficult but not impossible position in regards to working with the party at the county level. I can only hope that one day I will be considered "republican enough" to have an impact county wide.

Sincerely, Ken Jakubczak
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: From the GOP convention today   From the GOP convention today Empty3/8/2009, 7:30 am

im glad to see there was at least an alternative choice to janiec put forward. the fact that it was such a quality person like ken j, in my mind makes it all the more sad that janiec won.

on the bright side, i dont think ken will be as obscure in the future...and i know its only a matter of time before curley and company suffer buyers remorse regarding george.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From the GOP convention today   From the GOP convention today Empty3/8/2009, 11:53 am

About the only thing Curley and company will listen to is a severe drop in contributions. Lord knows the lack of voter support hasn't taught them a thing. No wonder there's only 1 party around here when they seemingly think winning a single race in a municipal election like Hammond last time is a GOP mandate. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the GOP convention today   From the GOP convention today Empty

Back to top Go down

From the GOP convention today
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Lake County-
Jump to: