Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recall Proposal for Absentee Elected Officials

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Recall Proposal for Absentee Elected Officials Empty
PostSubject: Recall Proposal for Absentee Elected Officials   Recall Proposal for Absentee Elected Officials Empty3/6/2009, 11:59 am

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2009/3/6/445092.html?title=Pasco+school+board+member%27s+absences+%27a+problem%27

I saw this interesting story about a school board member in Florida. Since 2006 she has missed 16 school board meetings. At the last meeting her absence caused a teacher on unpaid suspension since Dec and up for a termination vote to have to wait another month to learn his fate as another member present had to recuse himself, so the missing member's vote is needed to act on the dismissal question.

This member makes over $37,000 a year for this two day a month board but claimed she was absent last time due to car problems. Well I think for $37k she could have taken a taxi, don't you? Mad

It is getting so bad that the Florida legislature is considering a law to allow the recall of elected officials who just won't show up for work just because of her. I think this is a splendid idea! Every state should have such a law covering EVERY elected official! In this case of the 5 board members since 2006 1 missed 16 days, 1 missed 5 days, 1 missed 2 days, and 2 missed none. But this also brings to my mind the absenteeism of Al (Sluggo) Salinas who has a similar absenteeism problem on the Hammond City Council. I'm not sure if he is equally truant from his city day job but I think the city should also have an absenteeism policy for hourly and salaried workers, ESPECIALLY for those in a supervisory position, if it will be applied equally and without regard to who the offender is.
Back to top Go down

Recall Proposal for Absentee Elected Officials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Statewide Indiana-
Jump to: