Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rush Limbaugh Watch

Go down 
+3
Face
edge540
Artie60438
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty
PostSubject: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 4:47 pm

Wingnuts eating their own Smile I wonder how long before Steele apologizes like the last GOP congress critter who offended the gasbag did?

And Limbaugh fires back at Steele
by kos
Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 12:52:02 PM PST

As I noted justa short while ago, RNC Chair Michael Steele called radio blowhard Rush Limbaugh "incendiary" and "ugly". Just a short while ago, the GOP's _real_ leader fired back:

Quote :
Yes, said Michael Steele, the chairman of the Republican National Committee, I’m incendiary, and yes, it’s ugly. Michael Steele, you are head of the RNC. You are not head of the Republican Party. Tens of millions of conservatives and Republicans have nothing to do with the RNC and right now they want nothing to do with it, and when you call them, asking them for money, they hang up on you. I hope that changes. I hope the RNC will get its act together…

It seems to me that it’s Michael Steele who is off to a shaky start….

Now, Mr. Steele, if it is your position as the chairman of the Republican National Committee that you want a left wing Democrat president and a left wing Democrat Congress to succeed in advancing their agenda, if it’s your position that you want President Obama and Speaker Pelosi and Senate leader Harry Reid to succeed with their massive spending and taxing and nationalization plans, I think you have some explaining to do.

Why are you running the Republican Party? Why do you claim you lead the Republican Party when you seem obsessed with seeing to it that President Obama succeeds? I frankly am stunned that the chairman of the Republican National Committee endorses such an agenda…
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/3/2/15522/88983/162/702579

Last edited by Artie60438 on 3/2/2009, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Included "Rush" in the title)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 5:06 pm

So, weren't you basically saying before that the R's need new leadership? I think it's actually shocking that you and Rush agree... Razz

I also think that it's hilarious how much Democrats complain about Rush.
FDR's speech if spoken today would go a little something like this- "The only thing we (democrats) have to fear is RUSH!!!!

He's obviously doing his job and doing it well! PLEASE keep posting stuff on Rush- you keep him relevant! HAHAHAHA!!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 5:26 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
So, weren't you basically saying before that the R's need new leadership? I think it's actually shocking that you and Rush agree... Razz

But wait! Micheal Steele is the new leadership. He was just chosen 4 weeks ago! In fact,right after he finished speaking at CPAP last weekend,wingnut extraordinaire Michelle Bachman shouted out "You be da man"! in her new hip-hop accent. You do know that's the GOP's new strategy to lure Blacks into their party,don't you? Laughing

Quote :
I also think that it's hilarious how much Democrats complain about Rush.
FDR's speech if spoken today would go a little something like this- "The only thing we (democrats) need to fear is RUSH!!!!

Trust me....we're not complaining. Why would we possibly complain about a never-ending GOP family feud that's been going on for a year now with apparently no end in sight?
Quote :

He's obviously doing his job and doing it well! PLEASE keep posting stuff on Rush- you keep him relevant! HAHAHAHA!!

Oh I promise! In fact that's exactly why I titled this thread the way that I did. This way we can all share the Oxycontin man's adventures as he leads the GOP further down the sewer than he already has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 5:33 pm

So now Rush has lead the GOP into the sewer? Oh Artie, this keeps getting better and better...

Keep it up... Rush Limbaugh Watch Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 5:56 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
So now Rush has lead the GOP into the sewer? Oh Artie, this keeps getting better and better...

Keep it up... Rush Limbaugh Watch Thumbup

Do you think his non-stop bashing of McCain last year for months helped the GOP in any way? How about his remark about "hoping Obama fails"? Elected Republicans are now having to face questioning about that remark and keep getting asked the embarrassing question "Do you agree with Rush Limbaugh"?

This may come as a shock to you,but most Americans don't like the guy. That includes a good majority of independents and swing voters. His admirers are the 30 percenters who think Bush did a good job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 5:59 pm

They may not like him but he has what 14 million people listening to his show, "x"-many buying his newletters, etc. etc... Got a newly elected "popular" president so scared he makes remarks about him...

LOL yeah, he's doing a real poor job keeping you guys on your toes...LOLLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 9:24 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
They may not like him but he has what 14 million people listening to his show, "x"-many buying his newletters, etc. etc... Got a newly elected "popular" president so scared he makes remarks about him...

Same 14 million that think Bush did a good job. Obama is real scared,alright Rolling Eyes Limbaugh is playing right into his hands,as we define him as the leader of the GOP.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 9:26 pm

Well this sure didn't take long,did it? Bwaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Steele to Rush: I'm sorry
By MIKE ALLEN | 3/2/09 5:58 PM EST

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.”

“My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. … There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19517.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 9:52 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Same 14 million that think Bush did a good job. Obama is real scared,alright Rolling Eyes Limbaugh is playing right into his hands,as we define him as the leader of the GOP.

All part of Obama's "master plan" huh? LOLOLOLOLOL

(Oh my side hurts from laughing)
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 10:03 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

All part of Obama's "master plan" huh? LOLOLOLOLOL

(Oh my side hurts from laughing)

With Steele now immediately bending over and apologizing to Rush,everything Rahm Emanual predicted over the weekend is coming true. Rush Limbaugh is now the voice of the GOP. That's going to turn off moderates and swing voters like you wouldn't believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 10:35 pm

Why yes, I believe you are correct...why here are some swing voters walking thru the door now....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/2/2009, 10:36 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
That's going to turn off moderates and swing voters like you wouldn't believe.

And here I thought they were already turned off and have been for like...the last 4 years. Razz
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/3/2009, 7:35 am

party42 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
That's going to turn off moderates and swing voters like you wouldn't believe.

And here I thought they were already turned off and have been for like...the last 4 years. Razz

Well it's just in case they start to fall under the spell of wingnut propaganda again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/4/2009, 8:18 am

I never thought that Sarah & Joe would no longer be the "gift that keeps on giving".
Now we have Rush:

"What about this bonehead Rush Limbaugh? Honest to God, I mean, what is going on there?
He gets up in Washington and he's the keynote speaker at some function and he comes up and he looks like an East European gangster. He's got the black jacket on, the black silk shirt and it's unbuttoned like, oh yeah, when you think Rush Limbaugh, you think, 'Ooh, let's see a little flesh.' Honestly. What is he doing?"
- David Letterman

"Too Funny"
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/4/2009, 9:33 am

Ever wonder how Republicans are able to tuck their tail between their legs and apologize to Rush Limbaugh so quickly after they’ve offended their leader?

We’ve uncovered the secret Republican Apology Machine. Give it a try! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/4/2009, 3:13 pm

To those of you who think Limbaugh is an asset to the Republicans....

Fox sweeps Rush Limbaugh under the rug
by Jed Lewison
Tue Mar 03, 2009 at 07:45:05 PM PST

Quote :
Question: How do you know when the powers that be at Fox News Channel think something is bad for the Republican Party?

Answer: They ignore it.

With the above axiom in mind, it seems pretty clear that Fox thinks Rush Limbaugh is a problem, because since his ascension to the top of the GOP power structure started to turn south, Fox has barely paid him any attention, fair, balanced, or otherwise.

Here's the numbers, excluding the evening commentary shows (Hannity and O'Reilly, with 19 mentions, and Maddow and Olbermann, with 42 mentions):
Rush Limbaugh Watch Rushmentions2
As you can see, while CNN and MSNBC covered the controversy extensively, Fox lagged far behind, covering Limbaugh 75% less frequently than the other channels.

The striking thing here is that all last week, Fox promoted their live coverage of Limbaugh's speech, encouraging their audience to watch.

Now, however, they aren't paying nearly as much attention, preferring to ignore a problem that they helped to create, implicitly admitting that Rush is no good for the GOP.

One wonders when Fox will be forced to apologize.

But hey, at least in the meantime they got the topic off of Bobby Jindal.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/3/3/1488/49216/647/704136
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/5/2009, 10:39 pm

Love him or hate him, the man has a following. I listen to him as often as I can. No I don't agree with him, but he is brain food. He makes you think, he makes you (or rather) me mad, he truly is one who can not explain in full detail, but rather over simplifies issues, and although that is a disservice, he brings up some real issues. He is loving all this attention, and I am sure his ratings are through the roof. For the record, I started listening to him in the early 90's. And yes, my wife hates me for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/5/2009, 11:00 pm

Love him or hate him, the man has a following.

Well apparently Artie is a loyal listener, so that's one. Razz
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/6/2009, 8:47 am

Mirage wrote:
Love him or hate him, the man has a following.

Well apparently Artie is a loyal listener, so that's one. Razz

Sorry Mirage,I get my Limbecile fix from the media or blogs,otherwise it wouldn't allow me to listen to Ed Schultz 99.1 FM and 820AM at the same time Rush is on.

The one crazed wingnut that I do listen to occasionally is Mark Levin WLS-890AM 10PM. Worlds worst radio voice combined with ranting nonsense at the top of his lungs. Hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Center-Right

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/6/2009, 9:57 pm

I am more of a Dennis Miller fan.

I do tune into Rush some times and other times I tune into the Ed Schultz show.
In both cases, I can reach over to the dial and exercise the option of who I want to hear just by turning the dial on my radio (What a concept, what a country.)

As far as forming an opinion, I check out each candidate and make up my own mine.
I think it is hilarious and sad that Democratic and Republicans demonize each other, both sides have something to offer if they would stop the food fight and listen to the average voter out there;(what a concept).
Smile Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/7/2009, 1:11 am

I can reach over to the dial and exercise the option of who I want to hear just by turning the dial on my radio (What a concept, what a country.)

Not for long! Obama wants to re-institute the "Fairness Doctrine" to limit your choices of programming. Tell ya what. The day we hear Pentecostal preachers on NPR and PBS (which no one is stopping the stations from airing now except management) is the day I believe there is any inclination of affording equal opportunity to all. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/7/2009, 1:35 am

Mirage wrote:
Not for long! Obama wants to re-institute the "Fairness Doctrine" to limit your choices of programming.

Don't you fact check anything before you post?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/18/white-house-opposes-fairness-doctrine/

Quote :
President Obama opposes any move to bring back the so-called Fairness Doctrine, a spokesman told FOXNews.com Wednesday.

The statement is the first definitive stance the administration has taken since an aide told an industry publication last summer that Obama opposes the doctrine -- a long-abolished policy that would require broadcasters to provide opposing viewpoints on controversial issues.

"As the president stated during the campaign, he does not believe the Fairness Doctrine should be reinstated," White House spokesman Ben LaBolt told FOXNews.com.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/7/2009, 5:51 am

media public relations 101 people. no matter what happens in this fight between limbaugh and obama....limbaugh wins. its a simple mathmatical game folks. if you think polling data is remotely accurate...obama has at least 120 million people over 12 that like him. limbaugh? while he has the most popular radio show going today...has considerably less listeners.

all this is dustup is doing is increasing awareness of limbaugh's show. and whether you tune in because your of the 70 million or so over 12 that dont like obama...or are one of the 120 million who just want to listen so that you can bitch about him...if you tune in...limbaugh wins.

limbaugh currently boasts about 20 million listeners a week. those are people that actively seek him out. now that the other 200 million are given publicity about him...substantially more will be tuning in as well...which means more ad revenue for limbaugh.

so limbaugh has an interest in keeping the fight going...whether he is winning or losing. at some point, obama is going to want to stop the fued. but it wont end. and eventually obama is going to be on the losing end of this dispute.

huge mistake on his administrations part.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/7/2009, 9:17 am

Scorpion wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Not for long! Obama wants to re-institute the "Fairness Doctrine" to limit your choices of programming.

Don't you fact check anything before you post?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/18/white-house-opposes-fairness-doctrine/

Quote :
President Obama opposes any move to bring back the so-called Fairness Doctrine, a spokesman told FOXNews.com Wednesday.

The statement is the first definitive stance the administration has taken since an aide told an industry publication last summer that Obama opposes the doctrine -- a long-abolished policy that would require broadcasters to provide opposing viewpoints on controversial issues.

"As the president stated during the campaign, he does not believe the Fairness Doctrine should be reinstated," White House spokesman Ben LaBolt told FOXNews.com.

I heard that about Obama, Scorp., but isn't there some form of the "Fairness Doctrine" floating around up there, just not called the "Fairness Doctrine"?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty3/7/2009, 10:25 am

"Rush is right," says Rush
Rush Limbaugh is many things. Apologetic isn't one of 'em. The controversial conservative caused a stir this week when he engaged in a war of words with RNC chairperson Michael Steele. Later, Mr. Steele apologized to Mr. Limbaugh, and Democrats mocked the flip-flop by launching a website entitled "I'm Sorry Rush." But Limbaugh was just getting started. He went on to challenge President Obama to a debate and made controversial remarks about Senator Ted Kennedy. Blogs across the Buzz weighed in with their thoughts, including the left-leaning Huffington Post.

Makes ya giggle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rush Limbaugh Watch   Rush Limbaugh Watch Empty

Back to top Go down

Rush Limbaugh Watch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next