Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here's your CHANCE To Bring In Extra Revenue: Oust The Blue Law!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Here's your CHANCE To Bring In Extra Revenue: Oust The Blue Law! Empty
PostSubject: Here's your CHANCE To Bring In Extra Revenue: Oust The Blue Law!   Here's your CHANCE To Bring In Extra Revenue: Oust The Blue Law! Empty1/30/2009, 5:05 pm

In my letter to Gov. Mitch I explained how we have this opportunity to oust the Blue Law, regarding alcohol sales on Sundays, which if eliminated, would indeed bring in an enormous amount of revenue to the state of Indiana. I explained how twice in the past month, I gave a ride to my neighbor to Ridge Road to get his beer, and counted more than 25 cars with Indiana license plates parked, with people standing in line, waiting for the liquour store to open.

I also pointed out this occurred at a different time of day on a Sunday, with nothing but hoosier plates in the parking lot.

I also told of how people stuck in the middle of the state don't have the option of jumping a mile or two over to state line roads leading to Sunday sales of liquor.

I pointed out, that personal members of my family run a campground/cafe at Bass Lake, IN, and how silly it was for neighbors borrowing beer from other neighbors, especially during holidays that fall on a weekend, with a Sunday, included.

So much revenue there, untapped. I got the following response, and it would be worth a few minutes of your time to contact the legislatures, etc., to bring to their attention how they are missing out on extra revenue from an out-dated law. It's a silly law, outdated and if you all would shoot off a letter or call, I think we can get it repealed. It's not going to promote any more alcoholics; it's just going to keep business inside the state on a certain day that otherwise goes to Crook County and their high taxes...where Indiana should be keeping their own places of businesses in business.

Thanks!

Dear
Thank you for your letter and for sharing your thoughts with the Governor. He appreciates the time you took to share your views on this subject.

In order to change the laws governing the sale of alcohol on Sunday, new legislation would be required. Members of the Indiana General Assembly would need to provide backing and sponsorship of the legislation. Given your statement of support, I encourage you to also contact your local legislators to express your desire for legislation to be introduced in the General Assembly. Contact information for the Indiana House and Senate is included below.

Please be assured that Governor Daniels monitors all legislation very closely as it proceeds through the legislative process and thoroughly reviews all bills that are brought to him for approval or veto. This issue is of concern to many Hoosiers, so it is likely that legislators will deliberate on the benefits and/or downfalls of any changes to current policy.

Thank you for your citizenship.

Sincerely,

Kristen Kane

Constituent Services

Office of the Governor

House of Representatives
Indiana House of Representatives
200 W. Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2786
(317) 232-9600 or (800) 382-9842

http://www.in.gov/legislative/

Senate
Indiana State Senate
200 W. Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2785
(317) 232-9400 or (800) 382-9467

http://www.in.gov/legislative/
Back to top Go down
UrRight

Here's your CHANCE To Bring In Extra Revenue: Oust The Blue Law! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's your CHANCE To Bring In Extra Revenue: Oust The Blue Law!   Here's your CHANCE To Bring In Extra Revenue: Oust The Blue Law! Empty1/31/2009, 6:52 pm

Well, looks like we don't need any extra sunday revenue to avoid an increase in income tax.

Here you can make a difference, and notta response. Silly old blue law that prohibits extra revenue on a Sunday. Now I know why they have Amish people in Indiana. (State government).
Back to top Go down

Here's your CHANCE To Bring In Extra Revenue: Oust The Blue Law!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Statewide Indiana-
Jump to: