Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Bills from the Legislature

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New Bills from the Legislature Empty
PostSubject: New Bills from the Legislature   New Bills from the Legislature Empty1/30/2009, 2:07 pm

• SB 441 would require the State Department of Health to adopt rules concerning indoor air quality in schools.

Is there currently an air quality problem in classrooms not already covered by existing laws?

• SB 318 would require trending property assessments be every two years instead of yearly property adjustments. This change would help to get property tax notices out on time.

So they would instead only be late every other year, I guess.

• SB 33 proposes that an employer may not discriminate against an employee on the basis of sex, race or national origin by paying a wage less than that of an employee of another sex, race or national origin for work in an equivalent job.

In English I think that translates roughly to you now have to pay the illegals the same as anybody else.

• SB 183 would make it a Class D felony for employers and employees who knowingly or intentionally make a false statement of independent contractor status to the State Department of Revenue. The purpose of this bill is to stop an employee from being classified as an independent contractor to avoid unemployment compensation laws.

This one seems unclear to me. Based on the summary it looks on the surface like a good idea to keep companies from reclassifying employees as independent contractors, such as the City of Hammond was going to do with safety patrol. Except upon 2nd read it looks like it only means it makes it a felony to outright lie about the actual employee status to avoid making contributions to the unemployment compensation fund.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: New Bills from the Legislature   New Bills from the Legislature Empty2/3/2009, 5:15 pm

And non of the above would be necessary if they just followed the laws. llt"s just bullcrap to make them look like they earned their money taking up space in political office. It's common knowledge not to any of the above.

I so hate Indiana being behind the times.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: New Bills from the Legislature   New Bills from the Legislature Empty2/3/2009, 5:18 pm

I sooo love Bill 318. Upgrade your computer system, hire college graduates, and your bills will be out two years ahead.

All the patronage, old foggies still do things by hand in Crown Point. Taking up space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Bills from the Legislature   New Bills from the Legislature Empty

Back to top Go down

New Bills from the Legislature
Page 1 of 1