Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1.3 billion!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

1.3 billion! Empty
PostSubject: 1.3 billion!   1.3 billion! Empty1/28/2009, 3:27 pm

thats how much money the state of indiana is set to recieve in its coffers when the federal stimulas bill is enacted!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IN_ECONOMY_GLANCE_INOL-?SITE=ININS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-01-28-16-09-15

and that doesnt include the 69 million for mass transit or the 13 million listed for 'other rail'. or the 750 for roads and bridges or the 475 million for other various projects.

mr governor, i realized we got screwed in nwi when you sold the toll road that runs through here and we drive on and pay for. but do you think we could get just a small piece of this jackpot to finish our levy or to help with the regions transit issues?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

1.3 billion! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.3 billion!   1.3 billion! Empty1/28/2009, 7:03 pm

I keep getting cutting off in the middle of responding. The stimulus will do crap. They will give it to the governor's to dispense as they see the need.

Whoopie Goldberg gave a great idea today. It was on the "View" and all her teammates agreed: Give the money to existing companies, to train and whatever. Then take away the money from those big corporations that ship overseas, bring back the manufacturing. Instill job training...Oh, I could go on and on...but if you link up to the "View" on today's broadcast, the idea hit her last night and made more sense than even President Obama's idea.

I have a few things in mind that what went wrong with our economy. We have dealt out for a war way beyond our economical means. We need to engage other countries to share the cost to continue the war, and because of this war, which now is proceeding in Afghanistan, we should NOT shoulder it alone. We should expect other countries to get involved and do their thing to sacrifice and share the cost of war, and lives stolen.

Lastly, any company that still has headquarters in the USA but has the manufacturing overseas, should be required to either bring it back, or forced to live there. We want America back, but in order to take it back, get rid of the the CEOs and their headquarters, force them to live where they make the money off the backs of 12 hour days of work in Japan, for a few bucks an hour. Don't buy anymore from a store for you clothes or appliances. Go to a second hand shop like I do, and refuse to shop at Walmart. Just do without, and buy your stuff until spring, then plant your own garden and reap what you sow. Send a message. Don't buy any more clothes from Walmart, and just make do on what you have for a year. If we all do this, we'll be sending a real, clear message.

When the CEO's want to keep the jobs in America, I'll buy then. Until then, I won't patronize any supermarket and will just go to the local butcher, get my side of beef/cow, and when spring comes, I'll grow my own vegs. We can complain all we want, but unless you do what you have to do to send the message by acting, instead of yelling, forget it.
Back to top Go down

1.3 billion!
Page 1 of 1