Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty
PostSubject: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 1:26 pm

This is curious. For almost 2 days now I have been unable to access Circuit City using Firefox 3.0.5. Works just fine for IE.

I don't have ad block installed on this PC. Is anybody else having an issue with the site? Guess I'll have to try it on my laptop.

I'm getting the message:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Reference #7.8d222041.1229541945.0
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 2:14 pm

Just worked fine for me using Firefox 3.0.5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 2:21 pm

Mirage wrote:
This is curious. For almost 2 days now I have been unable to access Circuit City using Firefox 3.0.5. Works just fine for IE.

I don't have ad block installed on this PC. Is anybody else having an issue with the site? Guess I'll have to try it on my laptop.

I'm getting the message:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Reference #7.8d222041.1229541945.0

What extensions are you using? I have that error sometimes when I do not allow scripts to run(I use no script)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 2:45 pm

I'm not quite sure what extensions are. I tried the bookmarked http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/home.do and that still won't work and just typing www.circuitcity.com and got the same page but worked 1 time just now until I hit that home.do linky and now it won't work either. But I get in fine going through my laptop and it should have the same software installed.

I was starting to suspect an over zealous 3rd party blocker like AnVir. And that well might be the issue. Not quite sure what to think here. Guess it wouldn't hurt to run the Antivirus to be safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 2:54 pm

Extensions are add ons to Firefox

they can do almost anything.

I have no script, which prevents sites from running scripts without my permission(and scripts can install stuff)

Ad block which prevents ads from appearing on sites

Fox marks which saves my bookmarks to a server so that if I have another PC that uses firefox, I can keep bookmarks the same between the two of them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 3:24 pm

Which kinda makes it odd that this PC can't access the site but the laptop that has Ad Block can.

Actually I had re-loaded the hard drive on this PC and have been adding things back in as needed. Maybe I'll put ad block back on and see what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 3:43 pm

I've tried installing Ad Blocker 3 times and it still doesn't show in my browser. What am I missing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 4:45 pm

Mirage wrote:
I've tried installing Ad Blocker 3 times and it still doesn't show in my browser. What am I missing?

You don't have a stop sign anywhere on the top of thebrowser window?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 4:59 pm

Nope.

But after several restarts and running AVG (with nothing found) now suddenly both links for CC work fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 5:18 pm

Somethin'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 5:19 pm

User Error Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 5:26 pm

That's the one thing I'm sure it isn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 5:27 pm

Mirage wrote:
That's the one thing I'm sure it isn't.

You starting to sound like my son when he placed a virus on my desktop and laptop earlier this year and I had to get new hard drives on both of them(free of course since they were under warranty still) Smile

Just kidding with ya Mirage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 5:33 pm

I know but this could be a serious issue. The whole reason I wound up re-loading the HD is I was having trouble with playing videos on WMP and a programmer told me there was a major problem somewhere and quite possibly a virus. Fortunately this is just my recreational PC so if all else fails I can just wipe it clean and start all over again, yet again.

Still, to reload from scratch is pretty much an all day job even with a 15 Mbps connection. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 5:36 pm

Do you have anything like ad aware or spybot installed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 5:40 pm

Sure do but I turned them off to see if that was the problem.

About the only thing left is to try removing it and reinstall I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 5:43 pm

So you have no extensions or add ons for firefox?

Sometimes if Firefox updates, they conflict with some add ons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 8:40 pm

There's 2 from AVG and a quick Java starter but I tried disabling them.

I know that previously (before the re-load) I had automatic updates switched off because they always seemed to make adblock vanish. I probably should have put adblock in right when I installed Firefox but it didn't seem important at the time.

I wonder if Windows Live could somehow be involved? I just installed it this week as I'm setting up webcams for the family for Christmas. I'm already regretting not going the Skype option, but that's another story.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 8:53 pm

That may be

You did a system restore?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 10:40 pm

More or less. I did a day or two prior to the Windows Live but not right before. Plus I still have my files that I moved to the backup hard drive, except I can't yet be completely certain the root problem to a few things isn't in there. But it shouldn't be since I think it's just data and bookmarks. Don't recall off hand. But there could have been a few programs in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty12/17/2008, 10:47 pm

Sounds like something was installed that conflicted.

I have had that happen a couple times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?   Circuit City Blocked by Firefox? Empty

Back to top Go down

Circuit City Blocked by Firefox?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: The Lounge-
Jump to: