Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty
PostSubject: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty12/17/2008, 12:59 pm

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10124578-92.html?tag=nl.e703

At this rate we may have to start buying our electronics on Amazon from now on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty12/17/2008, 1:02 pm

Mirage wrote:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10124578-92.html?tag=nl.e703

At this rate we may have to start buying our electronics on Amazon from now on.

Nah Walmart

Thats where I started buying my electronics, because they are cheaper. And they are name brands as well

Why would I pay $199 for a 30 gig Sony MP3 player at Best Buy, when I can get the same thing at Walmart for $149?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty12/17/2008, 1:08 pm

Yea but even Wal*Mart is doing more online ordering. I think part of the reason they promote ship to store is to get you in the store. Very Happy

Here's a link to the Circuit City liquidation story I posted before and I wanted to include here. In another forum I mentioned the liquidations game. I Tivoed a segment that I haven't viewed yet on the liquidation tactics and wanted to keep this link handy.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10122646-92.html?tag=nl.e703
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty12/17/2008, 2:20 pm

When I want electronics, I check the Walmart website first, and see if its in the Valpo store where I would go to get it.

If it is, I call the store itself and ask to make sure the inventory is correct, and then go pick it up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty12/17/2008, 5:17 pm

I can't remember the last time I shopped Wal*Mart period myself.

I check out DealCatcher, Circuit City (not so much anymore though), and recently Amazon. Then I head over to eBay. Whichever looks like a good deal I pull the trigger on.

I sometimes use Best Buy for comparison. But I ordered something for Christmas just 2 weeks ago and they got the credit & shipping addresses backwards, then a day later they tell me it's backordered anyway, then they refused to cancel because I was listed as the shipee rather than the shipper. So I wound up having to call to cancel and I got dropped twice after long waits. Now I remember why I stopped shopping Best Buy. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty12/17/2008, 5:21 pm

I go to Walmart because its close.

My Plasma TV is from Best Buy though, but I also got the extended warranty which Walmart could not match
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty12/17/2008, 9:04 pm

I went with a tube TV from CC because the flat panel options still left something to be desired then. Now I'm not sure you can even find a tube TV over 13". But it had free shipping and basic setup, which is good cause that sucker weighs over 120 lbs and is a slimline. Smile

I got the 3 year warranty. It may go worthless if CC goes completely bellyup but then it's almost ready to expire anyway.

Got mom a similar setup as a gift just a few months before except it was SD but since she has DBS and still can't appreciate HDTV so no biggie. Got a great deal on it and almost got one myself until the Samsung deal came my way. I think it weighs even more than mine. So I'm glad I didn't have to wag it home. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty12/17/2008, 9:31 pm

I bought my 42 inch Panasonic Viera Plasma at Best Buy and decided tobringit home myself.

2 hernia's later, it was setup lol that thing weighs a ton

My parents 42 inch Vizio Plasma I bought them from Walmart, I can carry by myself with no problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty12/17/2008, 10:57 pm

I'm in no hurry to upgrade yet. What I have serves my needs. But then I tend to use TVs until they croak.

That said I saw an old projector for like $15 on eBay that I was tempted to try just for fun. Looked promising for parties since it was supposed to go up to 60".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty12/18/2008, 12:04 am

I only got it because I wanted to get out of the house after my dad had died last year and I had promised my son I would get him a video game system if he kept his room clean for a year(I honestly thought he would give up after a week, but nope, he kept it clean for a year).

So when we were at Best Buy, I saw the TV and said screw it, and bought it for the hell of it

The plasma I bought for my parents, was based on need, their 37 inch tube TV died, and when they called me to see if they could borrow my old 32 inch tube tv, I said sure and my stepdad said he would be by the next day to get it, so I went to Wally World and bought the Vizio for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes   Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Buy Suffering Too on the Heels of the Circuit City Woes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Nation/Other :: Nation/World-
Jump to: