Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Post-Tribune Are You Kidding?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
paul87920

paul87920

Post-Tribune Are You Kidding? Empty
PostSubject: Post-Tribune Are You Kidding?   Post-Tribune Are You Kidding? Empty1/10/2009, 4:43 pm

http://www.post-trib.com/news/davich/1370676,davich.article

This is the headline on their website. Who would spend $25000 on a house in Glen Park? Who would want to live in Glen Park? I'm sure I could find a house for less than half of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post-Tribune Are You Kidding?   Post-Tribune Are You Kidding? Empty1/10/2009, 4:48 pm

Well, it's not the worst area in Gary and considering it was appraised for $75000, it's a steal for the right person...
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Post-Tribune Are You Kidding?   Post-Tribune Are You Kidding? Empty1/10/2009, 4:53 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Well, it's not the worst area in Gary and considering it was appraised for $75000, it's a steal for the right person...

These homes in NWI are being over appraised. I can't see anyone ever selling a home in Glen Park for $75000 especially in this economy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post-Tribune Are You Kidding?   Post-Tribune Are You Kidding? Empty1/10/2009, 5:41 pm

I hafta agree with ya there Sir Mount Paulfus Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post-Tribune Are You Kidding?   Post-Tribune Are You Kidding? Empty1/12/2009, 6:27 am

Here's the thing about Glenn Park. Several decades ago I might have considered a home there as people were anxious to sell, except the conditions prompting people to sell only got worse and any time I looked at a a real estate sign too long it was often made quite clear to me by people walking down the street that I would not be welcome there. And this was over 25 years ago when things were almost tolerable.

But on top of those considerations you have Gary city government to contend with and it's many failures, which we all know too well. Add to that the local hospital is basically on life support and the business district really isn't all that safe and you have to ask yourself if they could even pay you $25k to live in a house in the Gary city limits for 1 year.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Post-Tribune Are You Kidding?   Post-Tribune Are You Kidding? Empty1/12/2009, 8:55 am

Mirage wrote:
you have to ask yourself if they could even pay you $25k to live in a house in the Gary city limits for 1 year.

Only in Miller Beach, and only in one of those beachfront homes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post-Tribune Are You Kidding?   Post-Tribune Are You Kidding? Empty1/12/2009, 9:15 am

I drove by the house out of curiosity the other day, and lets just say, I would not make it 1 month.

The looks I got just driving up and parking across the street with a copy of the paper, made me not even want to get out of my vehicle and ask to take a tour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post-Tribune Are You Kidding?   Post-Tribune Are You Kidding? Empty

Back to top Go down

Post-Tribune Are You Kidding?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let Freedom Reign! :: Indiana/Illinois :: Lake County-
Jump to: